Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves The Lounge
  • Topic: Does anyone here remember "Inframan"?

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • June 4, 2012 2:41 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

This was a Chinese made movie from 1975.  I saw it in a drive-in theater with my parents during the summer of 1976.  Before "Star Wars" was released in 1977, I thought this was the coolest movie ever made.  

• June 13, 2012 1:28 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Thank you , Screamin' Soul Preacher. The mid to late 70's really were the last great B-Movie era. There were others , since then , but , not with such consistency. Everything's made , today , to be a fucking blockbuster. The culture surrounding these movies has'nt died , just their profitability , and they were once VERY profitable...

The screamin' Soul Preacher said:

@ John Battles : Excuse me if it took me so long to forward your message and you had to re-type it here...

Anyway here's your original (great and loaded with cool knowledges as usual) comment :

Yes , Inframan was alternately known as "The Super Infra Man"....but "Inframan" makes more sense , anyway. I saw it when it originally came out , here , too , and still watch it on occasion. I found the poster , only to find out , after the fact that I'd met him , that Basil Gogos did the artwork (It looks nothing like his usual work , but ,it still looks great.). Talk about boots , I preferred Princess Dragon - Mom's boots. The army of monsters is a riot , too....Obviously , this was intended as a cash-in on Ultraman(INFRARED/ULTRAMARINE  or Ultrasonic), WHICH WAS STILL A LITTLE KNOWN ENTITY IN MUCH OF AMERICA. I HAD A FRIEND WHO'D LIVED IN OKINAWA , HE TOLD ME ABOUT ALL THOSE SHOWS. I DON'T KNOW IF I'VE EVER SEEN ULTRAMAN ON TV , EXCEPT ON VIDEO. BUT , THIS IS A FUN FILM. ESPECIALLY IF YOU HAVE KIDS. THERE'S NO CGI , SON....SSSSSUFFER !!

"MIGHTY PEKING MAN"(AKA "GOLIATHON")  IS , LITERALLY , A LAUGH A MINUTE.  YOU'VE GOT THE GIANT APE/CAVEMAN HYBRID AND THE BEAUTIFUL BLONDE JUNGLE GIRL (WHO RESEMBLES DEB O'NAIR.) AND THE CONTRIVED "KING KONG" PLOT....

IT'S FUNNY THAT SO MANY PEOPLE BEAT DINO DELAURENTIS TO THE PUNCH.

MIGHTY PEKING MAN AND A*P*E*  ( SPOTH KOREA, SURELY ONE OF THEE WORST MOVIES EVER MADE , WHICH IS WHY YOU MUST SEE IT !!!!).......

THE SHAW BROS., WHEN NOT MAKING MARTIAL ARTS FILMS OR THE OCCASIONAL HORROR / SCI FI "EPIC" , COLLABORATED WITH  HAMMER TO MAKE THE FIRST MARTIAL ARTS - VAMPIRE PICTURE , "LEGEND OF THE SEVEN GOLDEN VAMPIRES" ,  WHICH IS ACTUALLY QUITE GOOD. NATURALLY  , PETER CUSHING STARS. I THINK IT'S EARLY WORKING TITLE WAS "DRACULA AND THE SEVEN GOLDEN BROTHERS" . Maybe not.

• June 13, 2012 1:24 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I thought Jet Jaguar was Ultraman when I saw the ads for "Godzilla Vs. Megalon" , so you're in good company , Rod.

• June 12, 2012 9:57 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Actually, I meant "forgive us" for thinking this was Giant Robot and not Inframan when it came on Television.  We weren't paying attention.

I guess what I really didn't like was the villains' voices, and how they tried so hard to sound evil.  When you go back and find some of the Jonny Sokko villains,  they sound almost comparible to Bond villains.  They sound smooth.

MikeL said:

Nothing to forgive, Rod;)  I watched "Ultraman" too, and I caught a few episodes of "Johnny Sokko."  Yeah, "Inframan" was not all that original, but it was still cool:)

Rockin Rod Strychnine said:

I really didn't like Inframan having watched almost all the Jonny Sokko and Ultraman shows.  In fact where I lived, everybody thought this was a new Giant Robot movie (we were all in third grade so forgive us all).

• June 12, 2012 5:41 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Nothing to forgive, Rod;)  I watched "Ultraman" too, and I caught a few episodes of "Johnny Sokko."  Yeah, "Inframan" was not all that original, but it was still cool:)

Rockin Rod Strychnine said:

I really didn't like Inframan having watched almost all the Jonny Sokko and Ultraman shows.  In fact where I lived, everybody thought this was a new Giant Robot movie (we were all in third grade so forgive us all).

• June 12, 2012 4:36 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

• June 10, 2012 3:33 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

About "THE MIGHTY PEKING MAN" and the girl who looked like Deb O'Nair, you gotta watch this to measure the full genius of that wonderful movie. Enjoy !!!

• June 10, 2012 3:10 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

@ John Battles : Excuse me if it took me so long to forward your message and you had to re-type it here...

Anyway here's your original (great and loaded with cool knowledges as usual) comment :

Yes , Inframan was alternately known as "The Super Infra Man"....but "Inframan" makes more sense , anyway. I saw it when it originally came out , here , too , and still watch it on occasion. I found the poster , only to find out , after the fact that I'd met him , that Basil Gogos did the artwork (It looks nothing like his usual work , but ,it still looks great.). Talk about boots , I preferred Princess Dragon - Mom's boots. The army of monsters is a riot , too....Obviously , this was intended as a cash-in on Ultraman(INFRARED/ULTRAMARINE  or Ultrasonic), WHICH WAS STILL A LITTLE KNOWN ENTITY IN MUCH OF AMERICA. I HAD A FRIEND WHO'D LIVED IN OKINAWA , HE TOLD ME ABOUT ALL THOSE SHOWS. I DON'T KNOW IF I'VE EVER SEEN ULTRAMAN ON TV , EXCEPT ON VIDEO. BUT , THIS IS A FUN FILM. ESPECIALLY IF YOU HAVE KIDS. THERE'S NO CGI , SON....SSSSSUFFER !!

"MIGHTY PEKING MAN"(AKA "GOLIATHON")  IS , LITERALLY , A LAUGH A MINUTE.  YOU'VE GOT THE GIANT APE/CAVEMAN HYBRID AND THE BEAUTIFUL BLONDE JUNGLE GIRL (WHO RESEMBLES DEB O'NAIR.) AND THE CONTRIVED "KING KONG" PLOT....

IT'S FUNNY THAT SO MANY PEOPLE BEAT DINO DELAURENTIS TO THE PUNCH.

MIGHTY PEKING MAN AND A*P*E*  ( SPOTH KOREA, SURELY ONE OF THEE WORST MOVIES EVER MADE , WHICH IS WHY YOU MUST SEE IT !!!!).......

THE SHAW BROS., WHEN NOT MAKING MARTIAL ARTS FILMS OR THE OCCASIONAL HORROR / SCI FI "EPIC" , COLLABORATED WITH  HAMMER TO MAKE THE FIRST MARTIAL ARTS - VAMPIRE PICTURE , "LEGEND OF THE SEVEN GOLDEN VAMPIRES" ,  WHICH IS ACTUALLY QUITE GOOD. NATURALLY  , PETER CUSHING STARS. I THINK IT'S EARLY WORKING TITLE WAS "DRACULA AND THE SEVEN GOLDEN BROTHERS" . Maybe not.

• June 10, 2012 3:02 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

@ Mike L : You sure my day bringing back these memories ! Thanks !!!

• June 10, 2012 1:10 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I remember seeing it listed as "The Super Infra Man" in "The Monster Times " before it came out. It's kind of a cluMsy title. "mIGHTY pEKING mAN" WAS ALTERNATELY KNOWN , IN AN EDITED VERSION , AS "GOLIATHON"....

Ooooh man !!! I DO remember this awesome... "thing" ! I saw this under the title of "Super Inframan", as if "Inframan" alone wasn't tuff enough !

In fact, I've seen it at least a couple of times, one time as a kid and another time 5 or 6 years ago. And I loved it ! Twice !! Ok, I admit I've almost died laughing my ass off the last time I watched it but I loved it !

Oh man, those pseudo-karate kicks ! And those groovy boots (rocket feet they say) !! And what about those plastic villains !!!

It sure is an ultimate trip !!!

500% cooler than any Lucas geeky flick ! For sure.

(Another Shaw Brothers production, another experience : have you ever seen " The Mighty Peking Man" ? )

• June 6, 2012 8:14 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Much COOLER than a Lucas Film. More fun, too. I remember seeing it when I was a kid , too. I liked the rocket boots fine , but , now , I like Princess Dragon-Mom's boots much more. It's an unabashed Ultraman  copy , but , who cares? The monters are hilarious , and the Dragon-Mom and She - Demon are pretty easy on the eyes. I scored the movie poster years ago , only to learn that Basil Gogos did the artwork , AFTER I'd met him.....
      "Mighty Peking Man" is , literally , a laugh a minute , with an unexplained giant caveman/ape monster and his friend , the lovely blonde jungle girl (Who resembles Deb O'Nair.) and their visit to civilization !  Also see "The Legend of The Seven Golden Vampires" , a Shaw Bros. collaboration with Hammer Films ,starring Peter Cushing (Who else?). 

Ooooh man !!! I DO remember this awesome... "thing" ! I saw this under the title of "Super Inframan", as if "Inframan" alone wasn't tuff enough !

In fact, I've seen it at least a couple of times, one time as a kid and another time 5 or 6 years ago. And I loved it ! Twice !! Ok, I admit I've almost died laughing my ass off the last time I watched it but I loved it !

Oh man, those pseudo-karate kicks ! And those groovy boots (rocket feet they say) !! And what about those plastic villains !!!

(Another Shaw Brothers production, another experience : have you ever seen " The Mighty Peking Man" ? )

• June 5, 2012 7:59 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Sounds like I made your day by bringing up this one.  And no, I never even heard of "The Mightly Peking Man."  Guess I'll have to check it out.

• June 4, 2012 4:49 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel