Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves The Lounge
  • Topic: Godzilla

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • May 12, 2014 2:51 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Anyone here going to see the new movie?  It's getting an 85% positive rating at Rotten Tomatoes, and I've really enjoyed all of the teasers and trailers for this movie.  

• May 12, 2014 7:54 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

YEAH , I'm going. People seem pretty excited about this one. That American made giant iguana - meets the monster from "Alien", I could'nt hang with. The ads do look pretty good. I liked "Godzilla 2000" , that was the last Godzilla movie imported to the states , in English.  There was a cool sorta - remake of "Destroy All Monsters" several years ago , too.... I just started watching Godzilla movies again , recently. Finally got a good copy of "Godzilla Raids Again" (aka "Gigantis The Fire Monster") , the second "G" picture. It was unavailable in the states for decades. I'd never even seem it until about a year ago.

• May 16, 2014 3:22 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I've seen all of the Godzilla movies from the original series except for the second one, so I'll have to check it out one of these days.  

• May 17, 2014 4:45 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Yeah , it's very good , before the movies got more kiddie - oriented  ( I like those , too...) . They could'nt get permission to use the "Godzilla " name in America , so they called him "Gigantis" , instead. Later, the ban was lifted. iN IT , HE FIGHTS Angorus (Sometimes called Angilius , or even Anzilla , but , to my knowledge , Angorus is the correct , English name.) , the giant Stegosaurus - like monster who became his ally in later films . The new Godzilla is BADASS. I WAS'NT AS CRAZY ABOUT THE OTHER MONSTERS , and it's a LONG wait for the real action , but , the payoff is big. It mostly takes place on teh West Coast , but the Eastern and Western themes come together  seamlessly.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel