Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves The Lounge
  • Topic: Favorite Movie Monster?

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • June 7, 2011 11:44 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

What's your favorite movie monster/monsters?

A few of mine are:

-Teenage Frankenstein, simultaneously dumb and great looking

-Lugosi's robot from Phantom Creeps, later adopted by rob zombie

-The brains with glowing eyes from "Brain from Planet Arous"

-Just about anything from Evil Brain From Outerspace, the Japanese Starman flick

Yours?

• April 28, 2013 10:40 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Me too. I've been picking up several Godzilla DVDs with the American and Japanse versions together, plus "War of The Gargantuas" and "Frankenstein Conquers The World". Godzilla is like a dog that acts out , because his master never properly trained him , though , later, he channels that energy to help mankind.

MikeL said:

I still love them too:)

Andy Delunas said:

Godzilla, Gamera, or Rodan. They all rule.
    • April 26, 2013 3:00 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I still love them too:)

Andy Delunas said:

Godzilla, Gamera, or Rodan. They all rule.
    • April 2, 2013 8:21 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Steve Martin ? How many great movies did he do ? I liked "The Jerk" and "L.A. Stories" , but , I never gave him much thought as an Actor.    "Sgt. Pepper" was probably as close to horrific as he got.

• April 2, 2013 5:00 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Probably the last great movie he did.

• December 13, 2012 10:51 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Right on. Concerning the bad rap they got back in tha day, Vincent Price used to say: "Horror movies are nothing compared to REAL life. To be dead.....to be really dead... that must be amazing!"

John Battles said:

Exactly. he spoke of that , how a lot of great silent film actors had to forfeit their careers , when sound pictures came in , because they did'nt have distinctive voices. So , people with a Theatre background , such as Price ,  himself, soon ruled the silver screen.

Horror films always got a bad rap in Uncle Vinnie's day , but people like him, and Boris Karloff ,were known as gentlemen , and seldom accosted in the scandal sheets like all the "Respectable" Hollywood types.

sleazy said:

Real cool that you met Mr. Price.:):). He started his career in the theatre....the REAL theatre, not like the petty "starettes" of today. His gentleman ways were very unlike the usual Hollywood stuff:):)....RIP to  GREAT man:):)!!!

John Battles said:

Vincent Price was a real class act. I was priveledged to have met him, twice.

He set an example as an Artist , and as a person , on how to treat people. He really cared what people had to say , and he tried to talk to everyone , even , and especially , children.

A true gentleman in every sense of the word. With the exception of Christopher Lee , he is the last of the greats. He loved his work , and he loved meeting people.

When he came to my University , I saw the head of the Art Dept. making out his itinerary , which included lunch at "Mary of Puddin' Hill" , a hick eatery outside of town. I suggested ,as Mr. Price was a gourmet cook , they should at least take him to the Lone four star (Chinese) restaurant in the area . "OH , NO " , HE SAID , "Mr. Price insisted . He wants to meet the local people".

• December 13, 2012 3:40 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Exactly. he spoke of that , how a lot of great silent film actors had to forfeit their careers , when sound pictures came in , because they did'nt have distinctive voices. So , people with a Theatre background , such as Price ,  himself, soon ruled the silver screen.

Horror films always got a bad rap in Uncle Vinnie's day , but people like him, and Boris Karloff ,were known as gentlemen , and seldom accosted in the scandal sheets like all the "Respectable" Hollywood types.

sleazy said:

Real cool that you met Mr. Price.:):). He started his career in the theatre....the REAL theatre, not like the petty "starettes" of today. His gentleman ways were very unlike the usual Hollywood stuff:):)....RIP to  GREAT man:):)!!!

John Battles said:

He set an example as an Artist , and as a person , on how to treat people. He really cared what people had to say , and he tried to talk to everyone , even , and especially , children.

A true gentleman in every sense of the word. With the exception of Christopher Lee , he is the last of the greats. He loved his work , and he loved meeting people.

When he came to my University , I saw the head of the Art Dept. making out his itinerary , which included lunch at "Mary of Puddin' Hill" , a hick eatery outside of town. I suggested ,as Mr. Price was a gourmet cook , they should at least take him to the Lone four star (Chinese) restaurant in the area . "OH , NO " , HE SAID , "Mr. Price insisted . He wants to meet the local people".

• December 13, 2012 3:31 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

The original Outer Limits monsters were SUPER stuff, man:):):)!!

• December 13, 2012 3:24 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

John Battles said:

• December 13, 2012 3:15 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

• December 12, 2012 9:34 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

'Nuff said:)

• December 12, 2012 9:19 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

• December 11, 2012 8:32 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I ALMOST FORGOT.
       THERE'S A SCENE IN "DRAC VS. FRANK" WHERE REGINA CARROLL IS SHOWN PERFORMING IN A VEGAS (OR TAHOE?) SHOWROOM. THE MARQUEE SHOWS LOVE'S LOGO , IN RED. BUT , LOVE WAS'NT PLAYING THERE , IT WAS JUST AN APPROPRIATION OF THEIR LOGO.
        LOVE WOULD HAVE JUST SPLIT UP BY THEN , ANYWAY.

John Battles said:

Andy , Yes !!!      ZANDOR VORKOV , THE AFRO'ED , GOATEED , WALKING ECHO CHAMBER , SLIGHTLY LESS HIRSUITE FRANK ZAPPA LOOKALIKE , COUNT DRACULA , WITH THE MARVEL COMICS LIGHTNING BOLT ZAP - RING. I LOVE HOW HIS MAKEUP SHIFTS FROM SOMEWHAT NATURAL - LOOKING TO AN ALMOST KISS OR ARTHUR BROWN "CORPSE PAINT" LOOK.     LIKE JOHN BLOOM (THE MONSTER. A TAX ASSESSOR IN REAL LIFE , HE APPEARED IN "DRACULA VS. FRANKENSTEIN" AND "THE INCREDIBLE TWO - HEADED TRANSPLANT" , MAINLY BECAUSE HE WAS SO DAMN BIG , AND STOOD 7'4".) , "VORKOV" ( I FORGET HIS REAL NAME AND NATIONALITY.) WAS'NT AN ACTOR BY TRADE , THOUGH HE ALSO TURNED UP IN AL ADAMSON'S "BRAIN OF BLOOD" ( AKA "THE BRAIN" , "THE CREATURE'S REVENGE".).     "DRACULA VS. FRANKENSTEIN" , YOU KNOW......YOU CAN SAY IT'S A BAD MOVIE , BUT, I DEFY YOU TO NOT HAVE A GREAT TIME WATCHING IT, REPEATEDLY.   YOU GOTTA LOVE ANY MOVIE THAT CAN SHOW OUR LEADER , OUR FEARLESS LEADER , FORREST J. ACKERMAN , GETTING CRUSHED TO DEATH BY THE FRANKENSTEIN MONSTER , THEN CUTTING TO A CLOSE UP OF A MOUNTAIN DEW BOTTLE THAT READS "IT'LL TICKLE YORE INNARDS" , WHILE THE CRIMINALLY UNDERUSED RUSS TAMBLYN  (THE MOVIE WAS ORIGINALLY PLANNED AS A SEQUEL TO "SATAN'S SADISTS". MOST OF HIS PARTS WERE TAKEN OUT TO MAKE THE MOVIE MAKE SENSE - HA! HA !HA! - AS A HORROR FILM, INSTEAD.) DOSES ADAMSON'S WIFE , REGINA CARROL'S , COFFEE WITH LSD ( A GREAT TRIP SEQUENCE , BTW.). THE REAL LIFE HORROR CONCERNING THE VERY MUCH IN LOVE AL AND REGINA ADAMSON WAS THAT , AFTER REGINA LOST HER LIFE TO CANCER , AL WAS BRUTALLY MURDERED , THEN BURIED IN CEMENT IN HIS OWN HOT TUB BY A PHONY CONTRACTOR , WHO'D BEEN CASING AL'S HOME , THINKINGHE HAD A LARGE STASH OF MONEY , SOMEWHERE. HE DID'NT.

Andy Rampage said:

hrrrrm,

The "Dracula" in: "Dracula Vs. Frankenstein" (1971) with his Afro (Yes, That's Right!!)

Falling behind an ALL-STAR Cast.. See for Yourself!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0067017/?ref_=fn_tt_tt_1

OR My personal *favorite* Sleeeze creature..

Those Giant (Garbage Bag) Leeches in:

"ATTACK Of The GiANT LEECHES"!! (Of 1959)

• December 11, 2012 2:35 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Andy , Yes !!!      ZANDOR VORKOV , THE AFRO'ED , GOATEED , WALKING ECHO CHAMBER , SLIGHTLY LESS HIRSUITE FRANK ZAPPA LOOKALIKE , COUNT DRACULA , WITH THE MARVEL COMICS LIGHTNING BOLT ZAP - RING. I LOVE HOW HIS MAKEUP SHIFTS FROM SOMEWHAT NATURAL - LOOKING TO AN ALMOST KISS OR ARTHUR BROWN "CORPSE PAINT" LOOK.     LIKE JOHN BLOOM (THE MONSTER. A TAX ASSESSOR IN REAL LIFE , HE APPEARED IN "DRACULA VS. FRANKENSTEIN" AND "THE INCREDIBLE TWO - HEADED TRANSPLANT" , MAINLY BECAUSE HE WAS SO DAMN BIG , AND STOOD 7'4".) , "VORKOV" ( I FORGET HIS REAL NAME AND NATIONALITY.) WAS'NT AN ACTOR BY TRADE , THOUGH HE ALSO TURNED UP IN AL ADAMSON'S "BRAIN OF BLOOD" ( AKA "THE BRAIN" , "THE CREATURE'S REVENGE".).     "DRACULA VS. FRANKENSTEIN" , YOU KNOW......YOU CAN SAY IT'S A BAD MOVIE , BUT, I DEFY YOU TO NOT HAVE A GREAT TIME WATCHING IT, REPEATEDLY.   YOU GOTTA LOVE ANY MOVIE THAT CAN SHOW OUR LEADER , OUR FEARLESS LEADER , FORREST J. ACKERMAN , GETTING CRUSHED TO DEATH BY THE FRANKENSTEIN MONSTER , THEN CUTTING TO A CLOSE UP OF A MOUNTAIN DEW BOTTLE THAT READS "IT'LL TICKLE YORE INNARDS" , WHILE THE CRIMINALLY UNDERUSED RUSS TAMBLYN  (THE MOVIE WAS ORIGINALLY PLANNED AS A SEQUEL TO "SATAN'S SADISTS". MOST OF HIS PARTS WERE TAKEN OUT TO MAKE THE MOVIE MAKE SENSE - HA! HA !HA! - AS A HORROR FILM, INSTEAD.) DOSES ADAMSON'S WIFE , REGINA CARROL'S , COFFEE WITH LSD ( A GREAT TRIP SEQUENCE , BTW.). THE REAL LIFE HORROR CONCERNING THE VERY MUCH IN LOVE AL AND REGINA ADAMSON WAS THAT , AFTER REGINA LOST HER LIFE TO CANCER , AL WAS BRUTALLY MURDERED , THEN BURIED IN CEMENT IN HIS OWN HOT TUB BY A PHONY CONTRACTOR , WHO'D BEEN CASING AL'S HOME , THINKINGHE HAD A LARGE STASH OF MONEY , SOMEWHERE. HE DID'NT.

Andy Rampage said:

hrrrrm,

The "Dracula" in: "Dracula Vs. Frankenstein" (1971) with his Afro (Yes, That's Right!!)

• December 11, 2012 2:09 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

NICE ! I MET JULIE ADAMS , RECENTLY . SHE'S A SWEETHEART. I MET RICOU BROWNING A FEW YEARS AGO , GOOD OLE' SUTHIN BOY. VERY NICE MAN. I HAD TO TELL HIM THAT HIS FRIEND AND FORMER CO - STAR , JEREMY SLATE , WAS DECEASED , THOUGH , HE DID'NT KNOW.

sleazy said:

• December 11, 2012 2:06 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

YEAH , BUT THEY KNOW NOTHING ABOUT SWEET , SWEET LOVEMAKING , DO THEY?

Andy Rampage said:

This is..a "GOOD ONE"!

sleazy said:

AS I SAID ABOVE, THESE MONSTERS GET ALL THE SEXY CHIX:):)

• December 11, 2012 12:35 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

CARRIE:)

• December 11, 2012 12:34 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

• December 11, 2012 7:19 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

This is..a "GOOD ONE"!

sleazy said:

AS I SAID ABOVE, THESE MONSTERS GET ALL THE SEXY CHIX:):)

• December 11, 2012 6:59 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

hrrrrm,

• December 11, 2012 5:41 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

This has gotta be the craziest movie on zombies to date....and with the longest title in movieland:):):)

• December 11, 2012 5:31 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

There was no real monster in this Ken Russell masterpiece except for our primordial INNER self, PERHAPS THE SCARIEST MONSTER OF ALL!!:)......scary to death :):):)

• December 11, 2012 4:57 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

• December 9, 2012 8:37 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Horror of Party Beach

Incredible Melting Man

• October 20, 2012 11:56 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel