Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Regional Forums Continental U.S.
  • Topic: Moving Sidewalks in NYC March 30?

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • April 3, 2013 11:29 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Anyone "check 'em out"? Set list didn't look bad!

MOVING SIDEWALKS - 3/30/2013 at BB King's SETLIST
      On The Green
      You Make Me Shake
      Whatch Gona Do
      Foxy Lady (The Jimi Hendrix Experience cover)
      Red House (The Jimi Hendrix Experience cover)
      Joe Blues
      You Don't Know The Life
      Pluto - Sept. 31st
      Flashback
      No Good to Cry
      Before You Accuse Me
      Reverberation
      Need Me
      Wild Thing
      ====ENCORE====
      Catfish Blues (Robert Petway cover)
      99th Floor
      I Want to Hold Your Hand (The Beatles cover)
    • May 19, 2013 10:44 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

They could trade a Hendrix song for "Every Night a New Surprise.". I know , how incorrect !I mean, we know Jimi was a big supporter of the group , and that's great , but , we've heard these songs a zillion times. If you're going to make people pay $65 , give 'em some more surprises. Even Zakary Thaks (Sorry for the earlier spelling) nailed "You're Gonna Miss Me " and "Levitation", tho' it seems everyone disagreed.

John Battles said:

The more I take it in , admitedly second hand , I wish they'd lose the Hendrix covers and try a little harder not to sound like ZZ Top , though it's exciting this is happening at all.

As far as other Texas Garage bands that tried again , Kenny and The Kasuals are TIGHT LIKE THAT, but they are'nt taking too much stock in their many great originals. Same with Larry and The Blue Notes. I saw them in '86 OR '87 . They PLAYED great , but , no originals , virtually nuthin' that could be called Garage Rock.  Zakary THAX WERE REET BY ME , THO' NONE OF MY FRIENDS AGRED.

• May 19, 2013 10:36 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

The more I take it in , admitedly second hand , I wish they'd lose the Hendrix covers and try a little harder not to sound like ZZ Top , though it's exciting this is happening at all.

As far as other Texas Garage bands that tried again , Kenny and The Kasuals are TIGHT LIKE THAT, but they are'nt taking too much stock in their many great originals. Same with Larry and The Blue Notes. I saw them in '86 OR '87 . They PLAYED great , but , no originals , virtually nuthin' that could be called Garage Rock.  Zakary THAX WERE REET BY ME , THO' NONE OF MY FRIENDS AGRED.

• April 4, 2013 8:51 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Yes, those were covers as well of the bands you mentioned.  Just thought it was odd that whoever made the list credited some covers but not others.  BTW, Wild Thing was more akin to Hendrix' version in style.

kopper said:

Was "Reverberation" the 13th Floor Elevators' tune? "Whatcha Gonna Do" the Small Faces'? "Before You Accuse Me" Bo Diddley's? Just curious... ;)

Jersey City Mods said:

Funny how the list maker didn't identify Wild Thing as a Trogg's cover.

We went and it was a great time. Opening band was Headless Horsemen who also sounded great for not having played together in a number of years.  Was it worth the $65 tickets?  We'd say YES!  We did say NO, however, to the overpriced t-shirts and posters.

• April 3, 2013 7:15 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Kopper , I just now saw one clip on you tube , which sounded great , of "Need Me". There's several clips up , now. "Reverberation" could only be The Elevators' classic , as Gibbons has always credited them as a huge influnce on The Moving Sidewalks' sound . Plus , ZZ Top did it on "Where The Pyramid Meets The Eye" , one of the only tracks on that , well intentioned , comp that I can stomach......AND , Billy has sat in with Roky, every chance he could , in recent years , and he looked , to me , like he was having too much fun NOT to attempt a Moving Sidewalks' reunion. They probably did "Before You Accuse Me" , the Bo Diddley classic , because it was a staple in The Elevators' and Roky's solo live set , and because Billy is rumored to like him some Blues. But , "What you Gonna Do" (sic) is a M.S. original.

• April 3, 2013 4:34 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Was "Reverberation" the 13th Floor Elevators' tune? "Whatcha Gonna Do" the Small Faces'? "Before You Accuse Me" Bo Diddley's? Just curious... ;)

Jersey City Mods said:

We went and it was a great time. Opening band was Headless Horsemen who also sounded great for not having played together in a number of years.  Was it worth the $65 tickets?  We'd say YES!  We did say NO, however, to the overpriced t-shirts and posters.

"Go read a book and flunk a test." -Iggy

• April 3, 2013 2:04 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

$65! Wow. BB Kings is probably always that expensive in NYC. Glad to hear it!

• April 3, 2013 12:19 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel