Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Lamest Garage Rock Cover?

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • April 25, 2013 9:15 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

This Ventures album is full of garage pop covers. I remember when I first bought it thinking it was a bit hokey, but loving it anyway!

• April 25, 2013 6:30 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

What do you think of Eddie and the Hot Rods' version?

John Battles said:

THAT'S FUNNY !!!! Almost as funny as the guy who posted The Stranglers' "96 Tears" on You Tube, stating it was by The Cramps. It's still up there , by the way , despite several people leaving corrections to the obvious (Intentional?) blunder.   That version, I like OK , i'M A BIGGER FAN OF THE PURPLE HELMETS , THO'.  

Johnny Lurg said:

I actually like The Stranglers' version of "96 Tears," although one of my friends mistook it for Smash Mouth's version of "Can't Get Enough of You, Baby."

• April 21, 2013 9:22 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

THAT'S FUNNY !!!! Almost as funny as the guy who posted The Stranglers' "96 Tears" on You Tube, stating it was by The Cramps. It's still up there , by the way , despite several people leaving corrections to the obvious (Intentional?) blunder.   That version, I like OK , i'M A BIGGER FAN OF THE PURPLE HELMETS , THO'.  

Johnny Lurg said:

I actually like The Stranglers' version of "96 Tears," although one of my friends mistook it for Smash Mouth's version of "Can't Get Enough of You, Baby."

• April 20, 2013 10:51 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

• April 18, 2013 1:51 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

YEAH , That album would have been all right , were it not for Geddy Lee's singing. They tried to do a stripped down productions and arrangements (For them), otherwise , but you still got ol' helium - hittin' Lee's vocals.....Anyone who had a problem with "Acid Eaters" should try to sit thru this album , which contained many of the same songs(I forgot  the title , sorry.)

king bee said:

• April 14, 2013 11:00 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Pushin' Too Hard AND 96 Tears are songs I have'nt heard many REALLY bad versions of ,but , boy , is THIS an exception. Seriously , thanks for sharing.

Ali Want said:

This is hard to beat. A Hi-NRG take on The Seeds' Pushin' Too Hard.

• April 14, 2013 10:57 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Yes , the first time I saw Patti , she did this. She did'nt change it much , but ,I thought , WHY?  But , she went on about how great Jerry Garcia was.......OK , EACH TO HIS OWN , BUT , I THOUGHT THAT WAS A WORSE OFFENSE....And my neighborhood was densely populated by Grunge Rockers and Dead Heads in the 90's , so , there was a LOT of body odor action goin' down . Smells like Teens refusing to bathe.

Tersicore said:

I love Patty Smith but i can´t cope with her version of Smells like teen Spirit. 
      Too lame for my liking

• April 14, 2013 10:54 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

ALISON , THIS IS AN ACTUAL QUOTE I PUT UP EARLIER - "SOMEONE SENT ME A TALKING HEADS TAPE. IT'S HARD TO LISTEN TO.".  ROKY ERICKSON. 

THE TIME WAS RIPE FOR A NEW VERSION , BUT , NOT BY THEM !!!! YEUGH!!! YOUR ASSESSMENT SURE NAILED IT ON THE HEAD.

• April 14, 2013 8:26 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        1 0

Untitled

"Uh...let's just remove every visceral element of excitement and sex from the greatest garage song of all time and see what happens..."

• April 14, 2013 5:25 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I personally think anything by The Fuzztones is just awful.
    • April 14, 2013 7:05 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I love Patty Smith but i can´t cope with her version of Smells like teen Spirit. 
      Too lame for my liking

• April 14, 2013 2:34 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

This is hard to beat. A Hi-NRG take on The Seeds' Pushin' Too Hard.

• April 12, 2013 1:13 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

UBER-LAME - The Thought - "I Had Too Much To Dream Last Night"

Echo and The Bunnymen - "Action Woman"

Flaming Lips - ''Strychnine"

Smashmouth - "Can't Get Enough of You , Baby"

The Seclusions' LP ( If not for the Disco beats , it'd be all right. But , as I                        was told , here , earlier ,  IT WAS CONCIEVED AS A JOKE .)

About 90% of both Roky Erickson tribute albums.

• April 11, 2013 4:19 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Fair 'nuff , tho ' as I said elsewhere , I did'nt mind hearing it on the radio at the time (Like most hits from The UK in the early 80's , it was at least a year old when it broke , here.), it was one of the only records that had any hard chords on it to get any airplay or early MTV coverage (I did'nt have MTV , which was a good thing.) , at the time .
      You reminded me , though , in keeping with the discussion about RAWK AND ROLL stations testing the New Wave waters , in '82 or EARLY '83 , Z-97 in Dallas/Ft. Worth , changed , briefly from an all - KICK ASS ROCK AND ROLL format to New Wave. They played hitmakers like Bow Wow Wow , The Clash , Lene Lovich , Toni Basil , alongside lesser known acts like  Oingo Boingo , Sparks and even Rock'n'Roll Radio's redheaded step children , X. IT LASTED A COUPLE OF MONTHS. 
      James Porter said:

Bow Wow Wow's take on "I Want Candy"

• April 11, 2013 3:49 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Bow Wow Wow's take on "I Want Candy"

• April 10, 2013 7:16 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

btw , Mad John , Their guitarist , played in a later version of The Tell - Tale Hearts.

John Battles said:

It's VERY good. Those guys were/are from St. Louis or nearby. They used to play here in Chicago quite a bit. Their attitude was very cool . They'd say , anyone who knows these songs , get up here and join us. One time I must have sung an entire set with them , and they THANKED me. I saw Jimy Sohns join them onstage , but he just did "Gloria" , declining requests for "Bad Little Woman". I know they reformed a few years ago . Dunno if they're still active.

Andy Climax said:

Followed by a sublime rendition of the Danny and the Counts classic You Need Love. I fkn love the Royal Nonesuch's version.

• April 10, 2013 7:12 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

It's VERY good. Those guys were/are from St. Louis or nearby. They used to play here in Chicago quite a bit. Their attitude was very cool . They'd say , anyone who knows these songs , get up here and join us. One time I must have sung an entire set with them , and they THANKED me. I saw Jimy Sohns join them onstage , but he just did "Gloria" , declining requests for "Bad Little Woman". I know they reformed a few years ago . Dunno if they're still active.

Andy Climax said:

Followed by a sublime rendition of the Danny and the Counts classic You Need Love. I fkn love the Royal Nonesuch's version.

• April 10, 2013 7:06 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Nice one , Andy , even tho' I like their version. You can't knock The Damned's Citadel (Or , can you?) , tho'it ain't Garaeg Rock , it's close enuff.

Andy Climax said:

Nice one John! My favourite Seeds song murdered by some of my other fave musicians. Where's the mogadons? haha

• April 10, 2013 4:14 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

• April 10, 2013 4:10 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Nice one John! My favourite Seeds song murdered by some of my other fave musicians. Where's the mogadons? haha

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel