Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Screaming Lord Sutch Documentary?

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • July 9, 2012 6:08 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

A while back, someone posted a link to a documentary on Screaming Lord Sutch.........and I didn't save it..(duh)....a long shot I know.....but if it was you, please could you post it again?.....I'd like to watch it again....

Thanks!

• October 12, 2012 6:40 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Woo! Badass, man! I can't wait to watch this thing. First person to really bring Meek to my attention was Mark Ryan of The Marked Men. When I was just a little kiddo (about seventeen prolly) he let me hear the song Telstar and it pretty much freaked me way out.

Victor Lopez said:

Done! I suggest you all download it just in case! Sorry for the lack of information.

Enjoy!

Part 1: https://vimeo.com/45539432

Part 2: https://vimeo.com/45540502

Part 3: https://vimeo.com/45541224

Part 4: https://vimeo.com/45541266

kopper said:

Have you tried posting them on Vimeo?

• October 5, 2012 5:13 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Friends , Remember Our Lord Which Art In Heaven , come the High Holidays (Oct.31-Nov.2)/ I did'nt go to the Las Vegas Grind I  , BECAUSE SLATED FEATURE PERFOMER , Hizzoner Screaming Lord Sutch , had either offed himself or was murdered by his Brother - in Law....Either way , I was too bummed about it to go.       John.

• October 2, 2012 1:29 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

"A Life in The Death..." came top in the vote, which is great!....so want to see this film!!

The Blue Giant Zeta Puppies said:

.....At the risk of pi**ing people off....

independent film maker Palm Door Films is currently running a Kickstarter to try and raise funds to make a Meek documentary, "A Life in The Death of Joe Meek".  

The project is one of the four up for selection as "Project of the Week" on IndieWire...Voting closes on Sunday evening (Central US time), no subscription is required.  If, like us, you want to support this project, here's a link...

IndieWire voting page

Thanks

TBGZP

• September 29, 2012 4:40 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

.....At the risk of pi**ing people off....

independent film maker Palm Door Films is currently running a Kickstarter to try and raise funds to make a Meek documentary, "A Life in The Death of Joe Meek".  

The project is one of the four up for selection as "Project of the Week" on IndieWire...Voting closes on Sunday evening (Central US time), no subscription is required.  If, like us, you want to support this project, here's a link...

IndieWire voting page

Thanks

TBGZP

• September 29, 2012 12:46 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

i love this doc....gloster represent.

There's a Great Joe Meek Doc. here:

The Pygmies said:

I can't wait to check this out. I read Screaming Lord Sutch's biography and ever since I've wanted to learn more about Joe Meek. Phil Spector found the guy too eccentric, that's when you know you're really out there!

• August 27, 2012 7:00 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Paul Nicholas said , not surprisingly , it was HE that Meek was more interested in. The "Telstar" Joe Meek biopic is wickedly great ( Self - love corner - Please see my review at www.roctober.com , which will appear in Roctober #51 , in actual print.....). I strongly recommend that everyone score themselves a copy.....But , don't trust me. I liked "Stoned" , the Brian Jones biopic , unlike (Inexplicably) most Americans.....

• August 27, 2012 1:23 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I'm going to be sure to watch this! Lord Sutch is such a cool and enigmatic character from from British R&R.

I was just thinking the other day how little information there is out there about his early career despite the enduring interest in Joe Meek AND what with him being one of the more famous names on his roster. Wikipedia doesn't even have a discography pre 1970!

• July 20, 2012 10:07 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

My kitchen and my BOG (We don't say that in the states , but , I think it's hilarious.)are both tiled , but the BOG is too small to record anything but acoustic  which I generally don't do. But , it does have a great echo .

Ha ha! Yeah!

The bog is a great place....(to record!)......I think it's all the tiles.....gives a good reverb sound.....we use a glasshouse......has the same hard flat walls.....

John Battles said:

Yeah , that's the one. I once told Don Craine from The Downliners Sect that I record in my kitchen , as Joe Meek did. He said , Joe Meek actually did most of his recording in THE BOG. He was right , of course.

Yeah.....I think I know the bit you mean.....Joe is questioning (in a very polite and restrained way.......hmmmm....) The Lord about the level for his vocal mic.(?)....they do use it in the ARENA doc.

John Battles said:

I have a documentary on VHS , BUT IT'S A STRAIGHT UP SCREAMING LORD SUTCH Bio . Joe Meek figures into the proceedings , of course , and there's some great home footage of Meek RECORDING THE SAVAGES (Probably also in this Meek/SutchBio.), but it's all about our Lord , which art in Heaven.

• July 13, 2012 12:48 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Ha ha! Yeah!

The bog is a great place....(to record!)......I think it's all the tiles.....gives a good reverb sound.....we use a glasshouse......has the same hard flat walls.....

John Battles said:

Yeah , that's the one. I once told Don Craine from The Downliners Sect that I record in my kitchen , as Joe Meek did. He said , Joe Meek actually did most of his recording in THE BOG. He was right , of course.

Yeah.....I think I know the bit you mean.....Joe is questioning (in a very polite and restrained way.......hmmmm....) The Lord about the level for his vocal mic.(?)....they do use it in the ARENA doc.

John Battles said:

I have a documentary on VHS , BUT IT'S A STRAIGHT UP SCREAMING LORD SUTCH Bio . Joe Meek figures into the proceedings , of course , and there's some great home footage of Meek RECORDING THE SAVAGES (Probably also in this Meek/SutchBio.), but it's all about our Lord , which art in Heaven.

• July 12, 2012 11:50 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

John Battles said:

• July 12, 2012 1:56 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

The documentary is great. Be sure to also check out these two totally cool 1966 live clips from a French TV show. Lord Sutch rules!

• July 11, 2012 12:03 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

John Battles said:

• July 10, 2012 10:07 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I have a documentary on VHS , BUT IT'S A STRAIGHT UP SCREAMING LORD SUTCH Bio . Joe Meek figures into the proceedings , of course , and there's some great home footage of Meek RECORDING THE SAVAGES (Probably also in this Meek/SutchBio.), but it's all about our Lord , which art in Heaven.

• July 10, 2012 5:29 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

There's a Great Joe Meek Doc. here:

The Pygmies said:

I can't wait to check this out. I read Screaming Lord Sutch's biography and ever since I've wanted to learn more about Joe Meek. Phil Spector found the guy too eccentric, that's when you know you're really out there!

• July 10, 2012 4:28 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hi

That is exactly the one I meant.....if you can give me any details you have that would be great....that way I can search, with only "Screaming Lord Sutch" to go on I was stuck....any information gratefully received.....

Many thanks both!!

BG

• July 10, 2012 4:23 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel