Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: The 13th Floor Elevators Are Back!

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • February 13, 2015 8:04 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

The 13th Floor Elevators Are Back!

... and will be playing the Austin's Levitation Festival (Psych Fest) this year!

Read more:

http://www.austinchronicle.com/daily/music/2015-02-12/13th-floor-elevators-to-reunite-at-levitation-festival/

Details: http://www.austinpsychfest.com/

This post was edited by køpper at February 13, 2015 8:05 AM CST

"Go read a book and flunk a test." -Iggy

• February 14, 2015 11:38 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled title

THIS TIME , HELL HAS REALLY FROZEN OVER....I'd heard loose talk about this a few months back , but , it was only just confirmed . i'm not sure how I feel about it. John ike and Ronnie tried to get Roky to perform with them in the Early 90's ., and the three of them did two gigs in 1984.  But , not only is Roky's heart more into playing out , his sets tend to consist of at least half Elevators songs , whereas , for decades , he only did "You're Gonna Miss Me" and "Splash One". If you saw the other article , this week , Tommy Hall rambles at length about mathematics ,drugs , and other topics , but has little to say about THE eLEVATORS' MUSIC , EXCEPT THAT HE'S ANXIOUS TO DO THE SHOW , AND WILL HAVE TO START PRACTICING THE JUG , As he claims he has'nt been in a band of any kind in eons (Roky said he was in a traditional jug band in the 70's...).So , how they're all going to get along personally , as well as musically , remains to be seen.

IT'LL ALSO BE INTERESTING TO SEE WHO THEY GET TO PLAY LEAD GUITAR....while Stacy Sutherland can't be replaced , I'm sure they can find someone who'd give their left nut to play tehse songs , AND do 'em justice......It's looking very much like a Hippie camping fest , to me , but , the impossible is happening. We should all be glad , whether we can go , or not. 

• February 14, 2015 11:42 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled title

Also , the press has been keen to call this the first - ever Elevators reunion , when , besides the '84 shows (Doing mostly Roky's solo material.) , the band played a one  - off gig in '77 (Minus Roky and Tommy.) , and several gigs in '73 (With Roky , Ronnie , John Ike and Stacy, but , not Tommy.). 

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel