Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Another rehashed Cramps Boot, The Phantom too.

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • November 22, 2014 7:58 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

All over at 'Trash, Garage Garbage and Other Delights'

Enjoy.

• November 24, 2014 12:52 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Darren , I left a comment on your page. Think it was deleted. On the one hand , with all the rare recordings turning up online , there's still enough Cramps fans that would pay to have some of the better ones on LP , or even a CD with some liners and a half - decent cover. Something you can play on your stereo , and  hold in your hand ( HUH HUH...).

So , despite the availability , today , of stuff we did'nt know existed , why do these shysters have to repackage another boot that has'nt even hit the two year mark (Though I first found that Club 57 recording in 1987 , on cassette.).

As for The Phantom , a T-shirt! How cool is that? You should be proud. "Love Me" will never diminish in greatness,  beer commercial notwithstanding.  I wonder what Lott would have thought of that? It would have meant some much - needed revenue , were he still alive. BUT , I think he had some idea of how much people love that record. I found an old Dutch comp , recently , with the alternate "Love Me" . I did'nt know it existed , prior to that. YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!! WOOP ! Let's go.

Have a good week , man. John.

• January 19, 2015 8:32 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Speaking of the Cramps, what's Poison Ivy been up to?  Has she completely left the music biz since Lux past?  I do miss the Cramps.

• January 20, 2015 1:54 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

IVY IS JUST LAYING LOW , BUT , REPORTEDLY , DOING REALLY WELL.

She has dropped out of the music biz (Except , I trust , overseeing reissues and such.). She's turned down offers to perform. But , who's to say she won't return , someday? She's an Artist. A real Artist may go through long periods of inactivity , only to return with some of their most brilliant work.

She can't be pressured into performing or recording again , and I'm sure people have been cool with her about that. I spoke to Art Fein (Who was The Cramps' First Manager.) and Kid Congo , and they both said she was in really good spirits , and looking great.

I miss The Cramps so much , too , but , it's like they're always here with me. I just can't go see them play , anymore. But , some bands really stand the test of time. THEY GIVE YOU FEVER !!

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel