Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Chris Sick's post on The Fleshtones

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • August 24, 2014 3:39 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

And I did (Enjoy.). Chris Sick (Great name.) got the essence of The Fleshtones and boiled it down to a single shot. It's still not too late to pick up on 'em ...

And don't miss Joe Bonomo's indispensible "SWEAT" . One of the best Rock reads , ever. You'll swear Joe followed them around like a fly on the wall for the whole of their career.

You'll laugh , you'll cry , yeah , you'll probably hurl too.

The truth ain't pretty , pretty , pretty (Pretty stuipid !). 

• August 24, 2014 3:41 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

"So stuipid , he can't spell.". 

• August 24, 2014 4:04 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

John, you're a gas man !  (that's local, for good by the way ) since the the advent of the microsoft spell checker I've become convinced that I'm now illiterate !  at least in terms of the 'correct' usage of English 'english'...........Gotta love the the Fleshtones ! Roman Gods and Hexbreaker are essential, no excuses !

• August 24, 2014 6:25 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hey , Darren ,  We still say "You're a gas" or "It's a gas" , meaning something good....Tho' not many of us say it , anymore. There was an article , though this was 25+ years ago , about how US slang has gone down the tubes , and would do well to take a tip from The UK.   Of course , American slang is even WORSE , today.

Yes , you gotta have "Roman Gods " and "Hexbreaker", and I'm still a fool for "Up Front'' , though not many people , including the band themselves , seem to like it. I have'nt disliked any of their albums , though some were more consistent...They've had peaks and valleys like any REAL band . The "Living Legends" comp , which only came out on CD and Cassette, and very briefly , on IRS , is a must - have , too , if you can find it. Highlights from the first two LPs , early singles , EPs , and an unreleased track or two.

They are a dish best served , live , though their recorded output demands an earful , too.

As I say , this is real life , this is not a test.  It's not too late to have ''Intoxication of The Fleshtones".

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel