Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Upcoming new Cramps release

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • August 2, 2014 10:18 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

The Cramps...'Blues Fix' vinyl release !

Finally and at long last a vinyl release of The Cramps 'Blues Fix' EP.

Release date 29th Sept 2014

This is long, long overdue......22 years is a wait and a half ! Four cover versions all produced by Poison Ivy incidently.
      A-Side: Hard Workin' Man (Capt Beefheart). It's Mighty Crazy (Lightnin' Slim).
      B-Side: Jelly Roll Rock (Walter Brown & The Alleycats). Shombalor (Sheriff & The Ravels).
      Apparently, this is a limited edition of 1000 on 10" blue vinyl although on the ACE website it is listed as an LP ?
      If you want to be sure of getting a copy ? You can pre-order it on the ACE Records website by hitting this link: http://acerecords.co.uk/blues-fix
      Turnin' Blue !

Checkout the blog 'Trash, Garage Garbage and Other Delights'

CrampsBluesFix10Cove_383_383.jpg (39.88 Kb)
    • The following users like Darren this post:
      swt
    • August 3, 2014 3:10 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

THANKS FOR POSTING THAT LINK , DARREN. I guess I did'nt give much thought to the fact  that "Blues Fix" was never released on vinyl..... this was when I'd just got my first CD player (At least I bought it at a yard sale.), and EPs like "Blues Fix" and "Ultra Twist" were only turning up on CD , Tho' "Stay Sick" (Against the label's wishes.) did come out on vinyl , as did all their subsequent albums (Exc. "How To Make a Monster.). At the time , I wondered what took 'em so long to do a Blues- related release.   Hard to believ that was 22 years ago.

• August 5, 2014 7:08 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

That was a bit on the grammatically incorrect side. You know Americans. What I meant was , "Stay Sick" was released ON VINYL at the band and their fans' demand , but against the label's wishes.... We were still getting the UK 12" releases and 45s , but , "Blues Fix" was scarcely even released in the states. It seemed partly intentional that it was a limited release, never to be reissues , til now.) .

• August 5, 2014 7:23 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I think at the time it was a UK & France specific release, I can't say for certain but the domestic market for the Cramps didn't really start in the US until the early, mid 90's...if it was the case then it would have been only available as an 'import specific' item and not generally available in any regard ?

• August 5, 2014 9:54 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Darren ,      That's right  , it was an import (Of the split between the UK Big Beat /French New Rose variety...Tho' I'd have to check the label , too , to be sure who put it out.) . In the states , all or most of the various Cramps imports of the 80's and 90's were readily available , sometimes at about domestic prices , and , sometimes , even less ( I found two copies of the Kizmiaz 12" , on red and blue vinyl , for $1.50 apiece , shortly after they came out.). Of couse , Gravest Hits , the first two LPs, and Smell of Female were available here as domestic releases , then , their output was largely leased to British and French LPs , though the band reactivated their own Vengeance label , got back with Enigma , and were even briefly on Epitaph (I need a scorecard.). But , God love Big Beat , man. Especially Alec Palao. He's going to TOWN , as you well know. Fine as wine deluxe CD packages on The Seeds , Music Machine , Wayne Cochran and then some.

• August 5, 2014 9:56 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I MEANT TO SAY "Leased to British and French labels.".

• August 6, 2014 3:08 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

''Blues Fix" was on Big Beat...It's a no - brainer . And , I'm the no - brainer telling you so.

I think I found it at Tower Records , but , I never saw it , not even used , after that. 

• August 8, 2014 2:26 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

No worries bud.

• August 10, 2014 3:40 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

"It's Mighty Crazy" is such a great song. Beefheart did a version and a couple of years ago Barrence Whitfield & The Savages did a fine one.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel