Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves The Lounge
  • Topic: Has Exene Finally Lost Her Mind?

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • March 28, 2014 9:59 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I'm kookoo for Cocoa Puffs, too!

See: 

http://dangerousminds.net/comments/x_marks_the_conspiracy_theory_exene_cervenka_the_new_alex_jones

"Conspiracy Therapist"

In other words, I'll help you understand how all of these fuckin' batshit crazy conspiracy theorists are actually really nice people who are just trying to help you.

Uh-huh.

"Go read a book and flunk a test." -Iggy

• April 3, 2014 1:07 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Well....Some are like Dale on "King of The Hill" , but , anyone with a conspiracy theory had better have something VERY credible to back up their claims......I would'nt say that I really KNOW Exene. At least , not well . I  corresponded with her for a while , and talked to her at her shows , and , once , at a poetry reading , whenever I could. She just seemed like this cool older lady (Though she was'nt much older when I first met she and John in 1983.). She knows who I am , anyway , and I don't come on like a crazed fan. I'd say she's a tower of strength , to still be playing out , and blowing Blondie , and anyone else you could probably bring into the ring ,  off the stage. I think she's got a lot of balls , or estrogen , if you will , to still rock like fuck with a debilitating illness.

YOu know , I thought about it , and if she wants to move to Austin , I say , whatever. It's just as easy to get harrassed by a cop for walking down a public street in Texas as it is in L.A. It's nearly impossible to get a cab in Austin , and I'm sure they have the same problems with gangs as they did when I first went there in the 80's. Except , they did'nt have guns , yet.  Everyone I know that's still in Austin says it , and $X$W , ARE HORRIBLE , NOW. I only ever went to SXSW once , in '93. I saw all the shows I wanted to and spent a total of $8 , and that included Roky Erickson's first comeback show. I used to really like Austin , but , I've found a lot of the people to be really aggressive and rude , like DALLAS !  

I  DON'T BLAME ANYONE FOR WANTING TO GET OUT OF L.A.  I have'nt been there since about 1990 , though.     Exene may not have much time left (Though I doubt that.) ,maybe SHE FEELS LIKE SHE CAN RELAX , BETTER, SOMEWHERE LIKE Austin , a place I truly loved , back in the 80's , and even then , I was too late.

"She had to leave.....Los Angeles !".

• April 4, 2014 12:01 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

OK , I've only watched the first and second clips . The first I found particularly amusing.....But, CRA-A-ZEE ? I dunno. None of this is any crazier than 15 minutes with her friend , Lydia Lunch , or ten seconds with Jim Dandy , OR just about any typical day on a CTA train. What's funny is , my best friend is a Trucker , and he says all Truck Drivers HATE "Convoy" , though , it's cool that she's trying , in her way , to drum up support for The Truckers. aLMOST 25 Years ago , I remember The Gibson Bros. show of support for The American Trucker , finding it improbable , even then , that they'd want Punk Rockers supporting them , much less that a significant number of them even listen to Punk Rock. But , I find I was mistaken.

• April 19, 2014 3:05 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hmmm....  I like the Artist formerly known as Exene and certainly support anyone's right to think for themselves, draw their own conclusions, and having the right to express themselves regardless . .  .  

(Christine Notmyrealname), I happen to like her, not fame-wise, but for the person I've met.  She's always been a warm, humane individual each time I ran into her.

My feeling about the 1st video is there's some very black & white thinking going on here, i.e., slut shaming.  So, she's talking about the onset of a dystopian society where we all run out of resources and have to fend for ourselves, and how certain kinds of women just won't be able to make it.  Well hey! We all saw Tank Girl ;-p.  Seriously! It disturbed me that she said, "when the shit hits the fan" society decay-wise, if you live in a rural area and have a man to hunt and skin animals, you're okay.  .  .  . That just sounds like something my mother would say.  EXCUSE ME!?!  As a woman, I'm perfectly capable of all those things should it ever come to that (tho' the idea of having to turns my vegatarian stomach), I've gotten and continue to get my hands dirty when I need to and don't think twice about it or feel that based on my gender I'm limited in some area of getting my needs met.  So, she's upholding feminism, talking about Camille Paglia & um, Madonna, on the one-hand, but slut-shaming, trashtalking the so-called Material Girls (hi Madonna!) on the other....

I say Christine (ex-Exene) start by volunteering at a community garden.  If you live in fear of societal decay, take the initiative and do something!  Campaign and work to get a community garden started in your hood.  Surely they have these in LA.  They're everywhere in New York, San Francisco, and even freakin' Detroit right smack in the middle of the ghettos!  Think in terms of solutions, not fearmongering and hatin' on people. 

Anyhoo, all in all I found the whole thing damn funny & thoroughly entertaining!!!

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel