Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: What band names did you come up with as a kid?

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • November 2, 2013 3:43 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        2 0

Untitled

I used to come up with band names as a teen, often of one word, so see what did you come up with? I came up with this:

Lathe
      Pants
      Bomb
      Combat 18 and a half
      A House Full of Naked People
      Motorpsycho FC
      Tri-power & The Hemis

Later:
      The Spindle Mounts
      The Whitewall Slicks
    • November 4, 2013 1:03 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Haha, I'm way too old to remember what band names I thought of as a kid! But I see words or phrases almost daily in people's Facebook status updates or news stories that would make for some pretty killer band names.

Some recent ones I've whipped out:

Giant Dick From Space

Nattering Nabobs of Negativity

Nature Is Nasty

Street Taco

New World Army Screw Worms

Underground Landfill Fire

Baseball Activities

Beautiful Sag

Lobotomized Demeanor

Right-Wing Truckers

Twisted Wrister

Backyard Rollercoasters

African Dust Clouds

Sassy Black Grandpas

Mega Balls

Pink Slime

etc. etc. etc.

"Go read a book and flunk a test." -Iggy

• November 4, 2013 3:55 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I like the name  "House Full of Naked People" , even though I'm POSITVE I would not like their music , if they were a real band.

My first little band , in High School , was called "Born in an Elevator'' , a name I lifted from my Brother w/o his consent. The others , one of whom was from Sussex , UK , did'nt like the name , said it was too long , but long band names were "In " at the time.

Myself , I remember coming up with these names :   Malaria (Which turned out to be a real band's name.).

Green Chinese Vomit (OK , a friend said that to me , trying to gross me out , but it was my idea to use it as a joke band name.).

The Inedible Punks.

Christian Marxists.

Neutron Prom (I did use that one.).

Elvis From Hell (Used that , too.).

Later in life , Psycho * Davy and I played out as : Sick Sober and Sorry (An old Elvis quote I said to Dave. It was HIS idea to 

use it as a band name , though.).  We also performed as The 13th Floor Elvis Impersonators . I also played out just once with Daughters of Frankenstein ,in which I was the only "Male member". If I think of more of my earlier band names I thought of , I'll postthem , here. There really were some good ones. Honest. 

• November 10, 2013 8:24 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

i USED TO DRAW CARTOON OF PUNK BANDS WHEN I WAS A KID (I MEAN , WHEN FIRST AND SECOND WAVE PUNK WERE STILL HAPPENING.) . I WAS INFLUENCED BY NATIONAL LAMPOON'S GREAT PUNK PARODY , AND MY OWN IGNORANCE.   I DID A RECORD CLUB CARTOON WITH ALL THESE PUNK RECORDS YOU COULD ORDER , LIKE "SATURDAY NIGHT RUPTURE , VARIOUS ARTISTS" , "CHUCK BERRY GOES PUNK !'', "DEVO VS. THE TALKING HEADS" ("COVER " DEPICTING A "BATMAN" STYLE CARTOON FISTFIGHT, AND , OF COURSE , BANDS LIKE MALARIA AND GREEN CHINESE VOMIT.

THEN THERE WAS - GRAND PUNK RAILROAD . MY FRIEND AND I MADE A STOP - MOTION FILM OF THIS BAND DUKING IT OUT , ONSTAGE , WITH THE HIPPIE BAND , CAPTAIN ACID. THIS WAS ALL DONE WITH HIS 60'S - ERA GI JOES.

• November 14, 2013 10:06 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Somebody needs to grab this one NOW: The Craigslist Killers

"Go read a book and flunk a test." -Iggy

• November 15, 2013 12:42 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

i like.  I loved the movie title "The Weird Lovemakers' , so , I thought , if I ever started another band , I'd use that name. Of course , someone else beat me to the punch.            Years ago , I had "Brian Jones' Kids" MANY years before that other band.   Recently I thought of "The Empty Hearts". Probably been used already. We tried to start a band in college with , like , eight people , all from different backgrounds. I wanted to call it "THE MUSHROOMS THAT TURNED INTO PEOPLE". It did'nt get past the practice stage. We did have Patrick "Taz" Bentley , later with Reverend Horton Heat , signed on as Drummer.  When I'd sit in with THEE Shitty Beatles (That was before Wayne's World and all the bands that stole the name.) , and I'd been playing out as Elvis From Hell , we were called The Shitfaced Beatles from Hell. Horton Heat sat in with us once , and David Thomas from Pere Ubu walked in . From the word go , he hated it , but , was persuaded to stay. We began doing "Non Alignment Pact" by Pere Ubu. I never saw a man his size run so fast , since Gleason !   When Bloodshot Bill and I have performed together, in the past , I called it BLOODSHOT BATTLES OVERDRIVE. I have'nt seen him since the ban was lifted , hopefully there'll be a reunion performance.   

• November 17, 2013 11:54 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        2 0

Untitled

Other band names I came up with included:

Urban Idiots (Good name for a festival, methinks)

Jesus Lenin

Ultimate Weapon

• November 18, 2013 1:07 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

After persuading my parents to buy me a drumset as a present for my 13th b-day (a very difficult task to undertake, btw) i wanted to have a band of course and so my boyfriend, a good friend of mine and i, started to meet in my garage to make some music.. I can´t recall much about the names each of us proposed, i can just remember that one of my suggestions was to call us The Stillborn or Born Dead or something like this...  (which pretty good reflected my gaiety at that time) ;D  Anyway, making some covers did work pretty well first but than in the attempt to create some songs we were NEVER AGREED!! So i started to call ourself "The LITIGIOUS"!! and well....no need to say that this band didn´t last long! :D

• January 26, 2014 6:35 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

My first band at 13 were called Condemned Utopia. Then had Nothing Yet at 16, christened when we plugged a gig in The Big Issue in the UK and didn't have a name. When asked what we were called, our bassist replied, "nothing yet", and so we were. It lasted one gig till he discovered Kula Shaker and changed the name to Djin.

• January 30, 2014 4:52 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

....I REMEMBER , NOW......Anothe movie title that'd make a great band name "The Horrible Sexy Vampire(s)" . It's yours , take it. Me and musicians....we don't get along too tough.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel