Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: 2014 Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame Nominees and Fan Ballot

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • October 17, 2013 5:46 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        2 0

Untitled

At last, someone put Link Wray up for nomination. I voted for him, as well as The Zombies.

Why were the hip-hop artists in there? The hip-hop genre is so vast that it needs its own hall of fame, but I do think it's just another rock'n'roll pose. Surely Lux Interior and Poison Ivy could take it over and they'll do the nominations and inductions. Better still, put The Cramps in there too. 

• October 18, 2013 4:26 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Chris Henniker said:

At last, someone put Link Wray up for nomination. I voted for him, as well as The Zombies.

Why were the hip-hop artists in there? The hip-hop genre is so vast that it needs its own hall of fame, but I do think it's just another rock'n'roll pose. Surely Lux Interior and Poison Ivy could take it over and they'll do the nominations and inductions. Better still, put The Cramps in there too. 

The Cramps are NOT in there yet??? Fuck!! Scandalous!!!!

Completely agree to take Hip Hop (and pop!!!) out of there!!. They should have their own Hall. I would put only musicians like Grandmaster Flash & furious five, Africa Bambaataa & Soul Sonic Forse maybe Public Enemy and other old stuff like Snoop Dogg ONLY for his first album "Doggystyle" (some songs are great, the rest sucks. Later stuff even worse), actually as most of Hip Hop to me... brrrrr

Voted for Link Wray of course and Zombies (even if i like just few songs, the rest is too cheesy to my taste, but still...much much better than the rest of the nominees)
      I confess i still like Nirvana and the VERY EARLY Deep Purple too.

• October 18, 2013 10:32 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Makes it a bit tougher when only voting for 5.  I see Nirvana is leading the voting which could be expected.

I went Kiss, Hall and Oates, Deep Purple, Link Wray

Zombies could have gotten my vote, should have traded them for Hall and Oates.  Maybe a little to lazy to go back to uncheck.  CHIC???  The Hall needs to write a clear mission statment and abide by it.

• October 18, 2013 8:52 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Link Wray should have been in the so - called Rock'n'Roll Hall of Fame at least 20 years ago , and even that would have been draggin' ass on the man's time.... It took 'em forever to induct Gene Vincent , so why should'nt it take forever and a day to consider Link Wray? 

I mean , I like Deep Purple fine , but there'd be no Heavy Metal , Hard Rock OR Punk Rock if Link had'nt taken some chances , pushed a lot of barriers and OOZED cool -as - fuck attitude.  I LIKE tHE ZOMBIES , EVEN , BUT , THEY NEED SOME MORE DANGEROUS MUSIC IN THERE IF THEY'RE TO CALL IT THE R'n'R Hall of Fame .  I realize , if Link makes it , it'll be a fluke. Nirvana , sorry , never got it. I knew they'd be inducted , though , when eligible. But , The Replacements , that's sorta out of left field. Never got it with them , either , but , of course , I could settle for one day being deluged with Grunge and Drunk Rock on the train and in the street and in stores , instead of "Revolutionary" Hip Hop.....Likewise , Linda Rondstadt and Yes have a better chance of being inducted than Link WRAY , OF COURSE , BECAUSE THEY'RE BETTER KNOWN, but , also , because , for every Stooges that got in , there's two dozen CSNY's or Madonnas that also got in.....

Ramones , Clash , Dave Clark 5 , all get inducted shortly after their lead singers die. Hmmmmmmmm.

Paul Revere and The Raiders , Roky Erickson/Elevators , Syd Barrett , Arthur Lee/Love , The New York Dolls , The MC5 , The Treniers  , Screamin' Jay Hawkins , is he in? Don't think so. The Raiders only are'nt nominated because of the fucking suits. Who cares ? They were a great Rock'n'Roll band , but , don't expect to see them inducted , nor The Sonics , The Wailers or even The Kingsmen......There's so many others......But , I've kind of stopped letting it upset me like it used to.

• October 20, 2013 9:51 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        2 0

Untitled

John Battles said:

Link Wray should have been in the so - called Rock'n'Roll Hall of Fame at least 20 years ago , and even that would have been draggin' ass on the man's time.... It took 'em forever to induct Gene Vincent , so why should'nt it take forever and a day to consider Link Wray? 

I mean , I like Deep Purple fine , but there'd be no Heavy Metal , Hard Rock OR Punk Rock if Link had'nt taken some chances , pushed a lot of barriers and OOZED cool -as - fuck attitude.  I LIKE tHE ZOMBIES , EVEN , BUT , THEY NEED SOME MORE DANGEROUS MUSIC IN THERE IF THEY'RE TO CALL IT THE R'n'R Hall of Fame .  I realize , if Link makes it , it'll be a fluke. Nirvana , sorry , never got it. I knew they'd be inducted , though , when eligible. But , The Replacements , that's sorta out of left field. Never got it with them , either , but , of course , I could settle for one day being deluged with Grunge and Drunk Rock on the train and in the street and in stores , instead of "Revolutionary" Hip Hop.....Likewise , Linda Rondstadt and Yes have a better chance of being inducted than Link WRAY , OF COURSE , BECAUSE THEY'RE BETTER KNOWN, but , also , because , for every Stooges that got in , there's two dozen CSNY's or Madonnas that also got in.....

Ramones , Clash , Dave Clark 5 , all get inducted shortly after their lead singers die. Hmmmmmmmm.

Paul Revere and The Raiders , Roky Erickson/Elevators , Syd Barrett , Arthur Lee/Love , The New York Dolls , The MC5 , The Treniers  , Screamin' Jay Hawkins , is he in? Don't think so. The Raiders only are'nt nominated because of the fucking suits. Who cares ? They were a great Rock'n'Roll band , but , don't expect to see them inducted , nor The Sonics , The Wailers or even The Kingsmen......There's so many others......But , I've kind of stopped letting it upset me like it used to.

I'd definitely go with this exquisite selection here, along with The Monks. Why isn't John Peel in there too, as there is a slot for DJ's & promoters?

Just a thought: If Michael Jackson was convicted of being a nonce, would he be ejected from the RRHoF? 

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel