Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Ten Songs I Hate.

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • June 12, 2013 7:03 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

OK , I could go , ????????? , but , you've got a right to your opinion. I'm not a huge fan of "Sometimes You Just Can't Win" , but I don't hate it....same is true of "Love is All Around" , only because The Troggs had so many songs that are better than the two they're largely associated with.
      Johnny Lurg said:

1) Mouse - A Public Execution

2) The Barbarians - Are You a Boy or Are You a Girl?

3) Positively 13 O'Clock - Psychotic Reaction

4) The Pretty Things - Rosalyn

5) Paul Revere & the Raiders - Kicks

6) The Strangeloves - I Want Candy

7) The Troggs - Love is All Around

8) The 13th Floor Elevators - Baby Blue

9) The Sonics - Boss Hoss

10) Mouse & the Traps - Sometimes You Just Can't Win

• June 12, 2013 4:29 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

1) Mouse - A Public Execution

2) The Barbarians - Are You a Boy or Are You a Girl?

3) Positively 13 O'Clock - Psychotic Reaction

4) The Pretty Things - Rosalyn

5) Paul Revere & the Raiders - Kicks

6) The Strangeloves - I Want Candy

7) The Troggs - Love is All Around

8) The 13th Floor Elevators - Baby Blue

9) The Sonics - Boss Hoss

10) Mouse & the Traps - Sometimes You Just Can't Win

• June 11, 2013 12:44 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

"The Weight" , The Band. OK , I'm White , and I can actually remember a little bit about The 60's. I automatically have to like The Band? I've always found their sound constipated , built around songs that never get off the ground , particularly "The Weight". For this , they became a top - drawing act. It did'nt hurt them that they'd been Dylan's band , and , before that , Ronnie Hawkins' band (With whom they actually rocked.).BUT......Don't get it.

I'd be hard pressed to name my least favorite Grateful Dead song , probably "Uncle Jon's Band". It's the same syndrome. Somehow , Unpsychedelic music made them kingpins of the whole scene. Deadhead elitists in my neighborhood would tell me how great it is , live......IF you take acid. If it were really Psych , you would'nt need acid.    JOHN.

• June 11, 2013 12:33 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Had this conversation in High School - "You think our parents hate the stuff we listen to" (Actually , my Mom's always been pretty open - minded about music . She can sense quality where others would'nt.), "But , can you imagine what OUR kids will be listening to?". Well , I don't have any kids , so , I don't know the first two songs you mentioned....But, disposable trends that insult the intelligence of young people will always be around. Hopefully , they'll  grow out of it. I only really listened to Classical , twice. Once , when I was trying to impress a girl in High School  (Huge waste of time.) , and , later , in College , when it helped me fall asleep after doing assignments all or most of the night.
      zacharythax said:

My kids have been driving me nuts with "Everybody Talks" and the XX "I Watch Things on my VCR....." To be fair they also listen to the Kinks and the Scott Pilgrim soundtrack with the Black Lips, so there's still hope. I catch them listening to classical music on Spotify when they're alone, though. What's wrong with kids these days?!

• June 10, 2013 2:13 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

all that annoying top 100 pop crap. I don't feel like naming the worst

• June 10, 2013 1:24 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

My kids have been driving me nuts with "Everybody Talks" and the XX "I Watch Things on my VCR....." To be fair they also listen to the Kinks and the Scott Pilgrim soundtrack with the Black Lips, so there's still hope. I catch them listening to classical music on Spotify when they're alone, though. What's wrong with kids these days?!

• June 10, 2013 1:56 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I agree. Adam had his moments , but , ANT RAP? He and Guitarist , Marco , were influenced by Glam , Gary Glitter in particular, that even shows on "Stand and Deliver(You Lupins or Your Life !)......

Ok , the worst Rap attempt or parody that comes to mind was The Chicago Bears' (Local) hit , "The Superbowl Shuffle"...

• June 9, 2013 7:15 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I fkn love Adam and the Ants. Yep! even the Dandy Highwayman and Prince Charming periods. But this piece of shit just grates on every part of my soul. I can just imagine the conversation with the companies in his ' I am Adam Ant! I can do anything!' drug fuelled bullshit days. 'If Blondie can do it.... So can I! How hard can it be???' uuuurgh! Enjoy, haha

When compared to this. You'll see what I mean.

• June 9, 2013 1:19 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

The question came up about the worst , or least favorite,  Garage Rock tunes. It's hard for me  to say , because I love the original stuff so much.

Chocolate Watchband - "Gossamer Wings" . OK , not the worst by any means , but Ed Cobb took a great , experimental  track (Loose Lip Synch Ship) , overdubbed a subpar vocal by Don Bennett , and mixed The Watchband's original recording down , low.....

Shadows of Knight - "Gloria '69" Who was the genius that suggested the latter - day SOK do a patchwork version of their original recording , supplemented with new , heavier instrumentation? It just does'nt make sense , tho' it is kind of humorous. 

Hunger ! "Strictly From Hunger !" LP. It's not bad , IT JUST DOES'NT LIVE UP TO A REPUTATION THAT PRECEDES IT.......It's more Pop - Garage Rock , really.

I'LL THINK OF SOME OTHERS..............

• June 9, 2013 12:42 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I'm a fan of all three , but , if any of us were to ostracize you (Or anyone , here.) for having an opinion , and not denying us our opinions , the right to agree or disagree , we'd be lowering ourselves to third grade you tube brawls , I think.

MikeL said:

I'll give you credit, that took courage to admit to this.

Lost Soul said:
      Well, hopefully I wont get ostracized for this but I don't like Elvis, The Clash or The Ramones. I think they're all a little bit boring. There. I said it.
    • June 9, 2013 12:35 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Andy Seven raised a good question , but , until I get to that, "Their Satanic Majesties " is a great album. Maybe an aquired taste , bu t, when I was in High School , "SGT. PEPPER' SEEMED LIKE A GATEWAY DRUG TO "SATANIC MAJESTIES". The Stones may not have related to the Psychedelic scene in Swinging London
      , but , they were willing to experiment. "Sgt. Pepper " sounds so premeditated , no chances taken , for an album recorded at the same time , and in the same building , as "Piper at The Gates of Dawn" and "S.F. Sorrow". 
      MikeL said:

I liked "She's a Rainbow." Yes, it's an oddity for the Rolling Stones, as was the rest of that album, but I still like it.

Johnny Quid said:
      not garage punk per se but still from bands i'm sure you all love:
      she's like a rainbow - stones
      obla dee obla da - beatles
      lola - kinks

i'm sorry but these songs suck cock BIG TIME!!!

Andy Seven said:
      Okay, you guys, this is getting a little too easy. Yeah, Bee Gees suck, Van Halen sucks, so what? What Garage/Punk classics do you NOT like? I want to hear what "beloved" garage-punk songs do you actually hate hearing?
    • June 9, 2013 12:28 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

"You Beat The Hell Out of Me " is  great Pub Rocker.

The Fnords said:

That'll be The Motors, then.... I always quite liked them. D.

fazer said:
      Airport - by a band i cant remember the name of, i cant stand this record .
    • June 9, 2013 12:25 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

MikeL , WE DISCUSSED THIS BEFORE, BUT , FROM THE AGE OF 9 or 10 , I heard KISS emanating from my Brothers' rooms (Tho' NEVER on the radio.) , and it was cool to them , so , it had to be cool to me. We all went and saw them in 1976 , about a month shy of my 12th birthday , and it was a great time ,  but, in a couple of years , they were  LESS than uncool.
       Bob Seger opened for Kiss , when he was on the verge of not rockin', but , still doing what he wanted , for the moment...... Listen to "Live Bullet" , then listen to "Kiss Alive II" , and you'll see why Seger got kicked off the KISS tour . BECAUSE HE WAS BLOWING THEM OFF THE STAGE ! But soon, it was lame ballads , "Against TheWind' , "We Got Tonight", "Beautiful Loser" ,  ETC. , TO SAY NOTHING OF HIS WEAK LATER ROCKERS.  "OLD TIME ROCK'N'ROLL" , "FIRE DOWN BELOW" , "WATCH HER STRUT", ETC. THIS was the man who gave us "Heavy Music" , "East Side Story" , "Get Out of Denver" , "Ramblin' ,Gamblin' Man", etc. ?
      MikeL said:

I still have a soft spot for KISS.  You have to keep in mind that I was in elementary school during their 70s heyday, and I loved their Marvel Comics image.  They were the first band that I ever got into.

Now that I'm a little older and wiser, I can easily understand why so many people hated them so much musically.  At their absolute best, they were just below mediocre.  They had a few moments of genius, but that was it.

Still, I love watching live clips of them on youtube, because they were fun, if nothing else.

Johnny Bean said:

1. Seasons in the sun - Terry Jacks

2. Ive never been to me ?

3. The birdie song ?

4. Everything by Phil Collins

5. Everything by Madonna

6. Slayer, Death Metal all other soulless testosterone cocksucker horseshit

7. GG Allen - so bad he falls off the bottom end of this list

8. Al Jarreau

9. Neil Sedaka (im old enough to have been annoyed by my parent playing his "music")

10. Kiss

but the worst song in the histoy of the world is Streets Of Love by The Rolling Stones, its so bad that I fall into a coma wet my pants and then cant stop laughing for at least half an hour.

• June 9, 2013 12:10 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I dunno , they're telling us anyone can get THE AIDS , and it's true . It does'nt discriminate. But , it turns out , at least half the original Village People were Straight. They were a concept , built from the Manhattan Gay Disco scene , it's true. But , I read even the late Glenn Hughes (The Leatherman , not the later Deep Purple Bassist .) was Straight.

MikeL said:

Again, another guilty pleasure. And I'm glad the Village People didn't all succumb to the scourge of AIDS.

sleazy said:
      Y.M.C.A. ......................I don't even wanna dirty my mind with the title of that HIGHLY crappy band!!!
      Y.M.C.A.
      Y.M.C.A.
      Y.M.C.A.
      Y.M.C.A.
      Y.M.C.A.
      Y.M.C.A.
      Y.M.C.A.
      Y.M.C.A.
      Y.M.C.A.
    • June 9, 2013 12:05 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Jimmy Buffett.....sold out Wrigley Field , once. Don't shoot teh messenger , I did'nt understand it , either. Seek out David Allen Coes "Jimmy Bufet" song ( He intentionally spelled it wrong , I guess , for fear of legal repurcussions. He manages to EFFECTIVELY say , OK , YOU DID SOME GOOD SHIT , IN MY OPINION , BUT , i'm real and you're FAKE.

Ryan Katastrophe said:

Awww man I love Snoop Dogg. The man can do no wrong in my eyes. Let's talk about some songs I hate.

1. The Youngbloods - Get Together This hippy piece of shit makes my blood boil.
      2. Jimmy Buffet - Margaritaville If someone can tell me how so many people enjoy such a turd of a song, I'm all ears.
      3. Anything by Toby Keith, man that guy is a douche.
    • June 8, 2013 8:13 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Status Quo  covered "Don't Bring Me Down" , but , maybe you knew that.

OK , I'm extremely late to the party , but, we should get this shit going again , it's hilarious ! We all love to talk about the songs we hate.....Only 10? Hmmmmm . Well.... 

1. David Geddes - "Run ,Joey , Run". OK , I have a love/hate thing going with this song. It's wretched , and , yet , it makes me laugh.

2.Michael Jackson -"Human Nature". Creeeeeeeeeeeeeeepy !!!!

3. Kajagoogoo - "Too Shy" . Like Duran Duran only WORSE? Yes , it really happened.

4. Jim Stafford - "My Girl , Bill".    Stafford actually cut some good sides , but, this is ONE OF the worst hit records The 70's produced. At least , before Disco.

5. Jefferson Starship - "Miracles".  There's a reference to cunnilingus , IF you can make it that far , without leaving the room while this song is playing.

6. Smashing Pumpkins - "Today is The Greatest Day"  . I KNOW , TOO EASY A TARGET. But , if you'd lived in Chicago and had to put up with then , pre and post - fame. Yeesh !

7. Loverboy - "Turn Me Loose" .   I really thought it was Donna Summer when I first heard it.

8. Hear'n'Aid (No , wait , that was a similar project...) - "Sport Alive". Possibly one of the worst all star chorus charity records , and that's with members of Motorhead , Slade , Girlschool and (Later) Sweet. They meant well. It was a rare anti - Soccer (Football) violence record (Barring The Geezers' "Welcome Soccer Hooligans" , celebrating The World Cup in Chicago , I have'nt heard any others.).

9. Leif Garrett - "I Was Made For Dancing" - No , your pathetic ass was made for humiliating your remaining fans on Television.

10. Rolling Stones - "Emotional Rescue" , "Dance pts. 1 and 2." , "Disco Miss You". I love cheese and ain't no rat. I love The Stones , but NOT LIKE THAT !   (Yes , they've done worse.) ......

kelly alvarez said:

ELO Don't Bring Me Down?!?! are you nuts?!?! that song RULES. it kinda reminds me of boogie-era Status Quo!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Phil Collins and Michael McDonald's voices makes me want to stab people, but my least favorite song of all time is DANCE WITH ME by ORLEANS ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • October 27, 2011 1:24 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

ELO Don't Bring Me Down?!?! are you nuts?!?! that song RULES. it kinda reminds me of boogie-era Status Quo!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Phil Collins and Michael McDonald's voices makes me want to stab people, but my least favorite song of all time is DANCE WITH ME by ORLEANS ahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • October 27, 2011 8:26 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

dont like i had too much to dream last night

• August 30, 2011 5:06 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

well excluding all pop ,an ill get some stick for it but the seeds-cant seem to make you mine ,sounds like a bady beetles
    • June 1, 2011 1:37 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

That'll be The Motors, then.... I always quite liked them. D.

fazer said:
      Airport - by a band i cant remember the name of, i cant stand this record .
    • May 29, 2011 10:44 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Mellow Yellow - Donovan (?)

Cocomo - Beach Boys

Cumbersome - 7 Mary Three

Eyes without Face - Billy Idol

Karma Chamelion - Culture Club

Everybody Dance Now - C & C Music Factory

Love in an Elevator - Aerosmith

Summer of 69 - Bryan Adamss

Horse with no name - America

Sledgehammer - Peter Gabriel

In the Air Tonight - Phil Collins

• May 29, 2011 1:02 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        1 0

Untitled

ha ha ha ha ha ha

Ms Springolator said:
      I've Never Been to Me - Charlene. Personally I really wish she'd never been to a recording studio.

American Pie - Don McLean. If all was right with the world, he would have drove his Chevy to the levy, accelerated off the edge and then sunk to the bottom of some fathomless depth of water, where neither he nor his horrendous song would be heard again.

Where Do You Go to My Lovely - Peter Sarstedt. The song makes me vomit, and that's comment enough.
    • May 26, 2011 4:23 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Most hated song ever is 'Hotel California by the Eagles'. Next up is 'Simply the best by Tina Turne'r.

When I am forced to listen to evil nasty top 40 radio I substitute the word 'WANK' for the main verb in the song. Elton John's 'I'm still standing' becomes 'I'm still Wanking'. Mick Jagger and David Bowie's 'Dancin in the Streets' becomes 'Wanking in the Streets'  Wham's 'Wake Me Up Before You Go Go' Becomes 'Wank Me Off Before You Go Go' etc..

It passes the time.

• March 23, 2011 8:02 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        1 0

Untitled

I hate "technical"/symphonic power metal or whatever the fuck it's called. Basically down tuned guitar wankery, trying to hit 1000 notes a minute but with absolutely no soul or feeling.

I also dislike most/all heavy metal in general.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel