Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Favorite albums from the first Punk era, '76-'80

Back To Topics
    (1 rate)
    • June 5, 2014 11:54 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I've been on a massive Dead Kennedys kick lately.  Plastic Sugery Disasters has been in heavy rotation it seems. 

• June 16, 2014 11:38 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

The Volts ,Yes , Los Punk Rockers' LP is SO fucked up...It takes on new meaning as a Punk record.

It was , of course , a quickie cash - in ( Dazzlingly inept covers of the entire Sex Pistols LP.) like the great Exploitation LPs of The 60'S. But , even worse !!!! I say that lovingly. Gary Pig Gold said he mentioned a review I wrote of an unauthorized (Boo hoo.) reissue of teh album to John Lydon , whom , he said , was very interested in hearing it.

• August 27, 2015 12:12 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled title

sORRY , i KNOW I'm here , somewhere.....My faves from the 70's- EARLY 80's Punk era (Fair enough?) include , but are'nt limited to-

The Cramps - Songs The LORD tAUGHT US.

The Real Kids (Self Titled.).

Alan Vega - Collision Drive.

Dickies - Dawn of The Dickies.

Ramones - FIRST FOUR ALBUMS  (PLUS "tOO Tough To DIE", EVEN I IT CAME OUT IN '84.).

Saints  "Eternally Yours''

X-RAY Spex " Germ Free Adolescence.

X - Los Angeles , Wild Gift.

Sex Pistols - Never Mind The Bollocks......

Los Punk Rockers - Never Mind The Bollocks.

Radio Birdman - Radios Appear. 

Vibrators - First two albums.

Damned - FIRST LP.

Stranglers - Rattus Norvegicus , Black and White Album.

EATER - the Album

Hartbreakers - DTK , LAMF (YES , PREFERABLY THE REMIXED VERSION) ,  Thunders - "So Alone".

DEAD BOYS  - Young Loud and Snotty.

Dictators - Every album to date ,except "Manifest Destiny" ( I like about half of it.).

Stiff Little Fingers - Inflamable Material.    Produced by Mayo Thompson (Red Krayola , Pere Ubu)

REZILLOS - ALL THREE ALBUMS , TO DATE.. GO SEE 'EM , BUY THEIR SHIT.

NERVEBREAKERS - my Girlfriend is a ROCK (RAVE UP , iTALY) Hijack The Radio (Get Hip , US.) - BOTH RELEASED POSTHUMOUSLY. THE REFORMED BAND STILL PLAYS , ON OCCASION....

hubble bubble (BOTH ALBUMS).

Hammers of The Gods -

Roky Erickson and The Aliens (Self - titled or TEO , OR EVEN FIVE SYMBOLS) .

Kenny and The Kasuals -Garage Kings. (It varies. When they're on , it's Stiff Records - good .)

Ugly Ducklings - Off The Wall.

Downliners Sect - Showbiz. Plus the 45 of "Showbiz" on Raw Records , a far superior version.

Sir Douglas Quintet - Border Wave (If their Ramonesified version of The Kinks' "WHo'll be The Next in Line" DON'T GIT IT , NUTHIN' WILL.)

T Rex "Celebrate Summer". The Groover's LAST STAND.

MICK FARREN and The Deviants "SCREWED UP"  - Farren delivers the 70's Punk goods , joined by a cross - section of Pink Fairies and Deviants members, plus a future Heartbreaker , Ty Styx. Larry Wallis' Punk - Psych leads are the muthahumpin' shit.

Sky Saxon , Stars New Seeds Hale Fruitarians , ORPHEUS THEATRE , , 1977.  (Bootleg.).  Not flat- out Rockin'. More improvsational. Fans of The Seeds and some 70's Psych Space Rock should dig it. Some of The Child Molesters were on it , and Debbie Harry is rumored to have been in the sparse audience....

The Troggs - Live , Whisky A - Go Go ,1980 OR '81(?) (BOOTLEG_ Better than the Max's Kansas ity set , but , never officially released.....which is a goddamned pity. The Troggs are tearing shit UP , just for a change.....

• December 15, 2015 8:36 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled title

the Press - Fodder For The Critics LP

Aussie band, this LP came out in '79. Fast paced stuff, sounded sort of like the fast songs on "Machine Gun Etiquette" meets the Saints.

Speedtwins - It's More Fun To Compete LP

Swedish band put out this thrasher in 1978.

the Rude Kids - Safe Society LP

another Swedish band who did this LP in 1979. this band was pissed!

• January 28, 2016 4:17 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled title

I FORGOT TO MENTION ,    STRANGLERS - No More Heroes.   LURKERS - Last Will and Testament - Greatest Hits.   The Boys - (First Album.) . 

More Hammers of The Gods -    Arthur Lee and Love "Girl on Fire" ,  Chocolate Watchband "Love For $" (Unreleased.) , SVT ( w/ Jack Casady . ) "Wanna See You Cry", D- Day (w/David Fore from Bubble Puppy) -Too Young To Date. , Fred Cole (Anything.),  Sonics Rendezvous Band - Sweet Nothin' ,  Jesse Hector (Pretty much anything.) , Roky Erickson and The Nervebreakers - "LIVE , DALLAS , 1979.".

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel