Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: The Pretty Things US Tour?

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • February 13, 2008 2:48 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I was looking forward to the upcoming Pretty Things show here in Portland, but I found out today that the show (here and in Seattle) were canceled. Does this mean the whole US tour was canceled or is the PNW getting shafted again?
    • October 15, 2012 8:15 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

That must have been unbelievable. The 2nd time The Pretty Things Yardbirds Blues Band played here in Chicago , there were only about 40 people in attendance. The upside of that was , I got to visit with Dick Taylor at length. He's a sweetheart. Spoke to him briefly at The House of Blues , too , while a bouncer , not quite secure in his masculinity at all , was shouting at me to leave , even while I WAS leaving.

• October 8, 2012 9:29 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

i seen 'em couple of months ago in a little boozer here in bristol,only 'bout 40 peeps in there.....damn gig nearly blew my tiny mind,those gentlemen are still mad dangerous on stage,still doin a few off sf sorrow,still bringing that r'n'b thunder,check 'em if you get the chance,they aint gonna dissapoint.

• June 2, 2012 12:46 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

WHAT HAPPENED (i'M JUST NOW SEEING THIS , I REALIZE IT WAS WRITTEN FOUR YEARS AGO.) WAS , THAT U.S.TOUR WAS CANCELLED BECAUSE THE WIVES OF TWO MEMBERS OF THE PRETTY THINGS WERE EXTREMELY , ALMOST FATALLY , ILL , AND , UNDERSTANDABLY , THEY DID NOT WANT TO LEAVE THEIR WIVES ALONE. THEIR SUPER KILLER OPENING ACT , ARTHUR BROWN , ALSO OPTED NOT TO DO THE TOUR , BECAUSE HIS MULTI - INSTRUMENTALIST , ONE MAN BACKING BAND, CONTRACTED A VERY BAD STOMACH OR INTESTINAL INFECTION , AND BROWN WOULD NOT TOUR WITHOUT HIM.

THE WHOLE TOUR WAS CANCELLED , AT GREAT COST , FINANCIALLY. IT WAS , AND , PERHAPS , STILL IS , HOPED THAT IT WOULD BE RESCHEDULED AT A (MUCH) LATER DATE.

I SAW THE PRETTIES ON THE "RAGE BEFORE BEAUTY" TOUR (Ca. 1999?) , THEY KILLED. COVERING MATERIAL FROM THE FIRST TWO LPS , "S.F.SORROW" (It was the S.F. Sorrow lineup , barring Twink.) , and later , as well as new material. My friend saw the same tour in Seattle , and said it was just as good. I've also seen the Pretty Things Yardbirds Blues Band (Dick Taylor and Phil May from The Pretties , Jim McCarty from The Yardbirds , (The Late) Bill Hite from Canned Heat (Bob Hite's Brother.) , and Chicago Blues Guitarist , Studebaker John. They played in Chicago in '91 and '93. Both shows were great. The Pretty Things are playing , now , with a drastically altered lineup , but , it's hard to believe they could'nt still cut the mustard with Dick Taylor and Phil May  on board.

• February 26, 2008 5:56 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I heard from a promoter in Denver that the whole US Tour was cancelled.
    • February 14, 2008 6:11 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

You've probably missed a bullet there! I saw The Pretty Things in London in 2004 (at Modstock) and it ranks amongst the worst gigs I ever attended. They were bloody awful.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel