Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: THE TROGGS

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • October 15, 2012 3:40 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

FIRST POST - Post all your favorite Troggs songs here, I love the songs I have heard but have never owned an album or any 45s, just wanna hear some of the ones I may have missed...

• February 25, 2013 8:08 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Of course , Reg and Ronnie are reprising "The Troggs Tape" in the Great Pub in The Sky.

John Battles said:

....I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue....I also forgot to menton "Come , Now". The "Archaeology" 2 CD set (3 counting the infamous "Troggs Tapes" in full) on Rhino will set you  on the right road. I'm sure you'll have to look for it on line , but , it would'nt hurt to contact Rhino regarding it's availability(?). I don't think.

I just found out The Troggs are still touring Europe , minus Lead Singer Reg Presley , who's recovering from treatment for Lung Cancer , and has since retired. It's on their website (Tho' not much else , info - wise.) ....The new guest vocalist put in some time with a later version of The Animals , and some other revamped UK 60's groups.....It can't be The Troggs without Reg , but  , I'm sure he  gave them his blessings .

• October 28, 2012 5:58 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

....I picked the wrong week to quit sniffing glue....I also forgot to menton "Come , Now". The "Archaeology" 2 CD set (3 counting the infamous "Troggs Tapes" in full) on Rhino will set you  on the right road. I'm sure you'll have to look for it on line , but , it would'nt hurt to contact Rhino regarding it's availability(?). I don't think.

I just found out The Troggs are still touring Europe , minus Lead Singer Reg Presley , who's recovering from treatment for Lung Cancer , and has since retired. It's on their website (Tho' not much else , info - wise.) ....The new guest vocalist put in some time with a later version of The Animals , and some other revamped UK 60's groups.....It can't be The Troggs without Reg , but  , I'm sure he  gave them his blessings .

• October 16, 2012 7:01 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

....And how could I forget , "The Raver" ?

John Battles said:

A LOT of people share your opinion. I had the pleasure of being able to tell them I , and many others , want to adopt them as an American band.

Gruesome Grinham said:

For me "I Just Sing" is A KILLER.

I cannot list my fave Troggs tracks, as i have an huge amount of time for this band. In My opinion probably England's only genuine Sixties garage outfit.

• October 16, 2012 6:59 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

A LOT of people share your opinion. I had the pleasure of being able to tell them I , and many others , want to adopt them as an American band.

Gruesome Grinham said:

I cannot list my fave Troggs tracks, as i have an huge amount of time for this band. In My opinion probably England's only genuine Sixties garage outfit.

• October 16, 2012 3:35 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Alright thanks er'body, I got some songs to look up...

• October 16, 2012 4:16 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

• October 15, 2012 8:08 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

God , There's so many.

Feels Like a Woman , Strange Movies , Gonna Make You (Even the 70's version.) , Lost Girl , Just a Little Too Much *, Evil , The Yella in Me , Maybe The Madman , Heads or Tails ,

Say , Darlin' ,  Hip Hip Hooray , 66 54321 , Girl in Black , I Can Only Give You Everything **,,

Surprise , Surprise (I Need You) , From Home , I Can't Control Myself , Night of The Long Grass , Supergirl , Hot Stuff , Suspicious , I Don't ,   I Do , I Do , and a zillion others.

* A Ricky Nelson/Johnny and Dorsey Burnette cover. Their version is SAVAGE.

** Recorded shortly after THEM's original.

My favorite Troggs ballad is probably "A Different Me". "Queen of Sorrows" , too.

What they did to "Satisfaction" and , especially, "Good Vibrations" is a whole 'nuther animal.

• October 15, 2012 4:56 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Meet Jacqueline

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel