Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Dick Dale once again battling cancer...

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • April 19, 2008 12:42 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

This was posted on his page:

I want to thank all my music lovers for supporting me these last 3 months with your Wonderful heartfelt letters praying for my speedy recoveryas I battle this demon that Attacks so many other friends and their loved ones. So for now, no touring for a while.... I have rectal cancer....
      I had to undergo 6 weeks of chemotherapy and radiation every day, Monday through Friday. Now I have rested and healed another 6 weeks from the Radiation and Chemotherapy.
      April 4, 2008 my surgeon Dr Hoffman and 2 other surgeons will cut out the tumor at Cedars - Sinai Medical Center Hospital in Hollywood, Ca. I will have chemo afterwards to finish up.
      Then I will kick back and heal…. Then I will go back into reconstructive surgery and more Chemo.
      Then go to Hawaii and surf....
      I again, thank all of you from my deep within and promise me, keep smiling…. D

I was lucky to have the chance to see him twice already but I would be bummed to never see him again.
      Keep him in your thoughts. If it wasn’t for him there would be no “Reverb Tank” group…

ALL HAIL KING OF THE SURF GUITAR!!!
    • January 11, 2013 3:39 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Pls pass this msg on to Dick if anyone here can.....GET WELL SOON....SURF'S ALWAYS UP with DD:):)

Rob

• January 11, 2013 12:33 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Reportedly , he's doing much better , he is touring......When I interviewed him , almost 20 years ago , he spoke candidly of having had Rectal Cancer in The 60's. He said his chances were slim , as they knew so little about it then , but , they asked if he'd consent to experimental laser surgery, and he said "Bring it on". He claims Hendrix's comment , "You'll Never Hear Surf Music Again" was'nt a put - down ( I did'nt take it as one , and I'm light years past caring about post - Chitlin Circuit Jimi Hendrix.) , but , rather , his reaction to hearing of Dale's Cancer , and thinking he was going to die.

Arthur Lee , on being told he was going to be playing the same weekend at the same venue as Dick Dale , IN 1993 : "Dick Dale? ! I used to go see him in The 60's. That man's got to be  EIGHTY YEARS OLD !"

• June 9, 2008 10:01 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Saw him tear it up over a year ago at the Rhythm Room in Phoenix. One of the best shows I have seen him do in years. The crowd was really into it, ton of fun. My girl and I were wondering if something had happened because he was usually making a show around the first of the year and we feared we missed him.

I think we all wish him a speedy recovery.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel