Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Who has the best punk pseudonym?

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • October 21, 2008 6:52 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Lee Ving. Thats got my vote.
    • July 12, 2013 5:28 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Chicago. I'm sure there were a lot of Skid Marx , like there were a lot of Johnny Vomits (OR , in Dallas , Mikey/Mitey Vomit.). You think of someone calling himself Skid Marx , you expect a GG ALLIN , BOBBY sOXX OR BLOODY MESS TYPE . nOT THIS GUY.....

• July 11, 2013 1:12 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

John,

Where was the "here" that Skid Marx was from? We had a Skid Marx in Detroit.

• July 11, 2013 12:26 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Euthanasia Gumby from The Creeping Terror, THAT''s funny. I like good movie names that make the transition to good band names. I wanted to start a band called The Weird Lovemakers , but , someone beat me to it. (NON - Actor) Troy McClure , what band is he in?

• July 10, 2013 4:54 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I still love, Kid Congo Powers, Rat Scabies, Troy McLure, and Euthanasia Gumby (Creeping Terror)

• July 10, 2013 2:24 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

i MIGHT HAVE MENTIONED bLITZ AND zzERO , EARLIER....oOR someone else probably did. Not to mention Jeff Magnum. Christine...I thought "Exene " was an Eastern European name she got  lucky by being born with . Oh , well. Even their little known first Drummer had a "Punk Rock name" , Mick Basher. Those are all good names , they don't have to all be "Punk Rock' people.

There was a Skid Marx , here , but , his music could hardly be called Punk.

• July 9, 2013 4:06 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Jeez! I made a big-ass list of names and I was sure nobody would name many of them but you got damn near all of them, even most of the Canadian ones!

Here's what you left me:

Rod Bent/Firestone

Buzz Click

Pete Sake

Top Ten

Chriss Suicide

Peter Treason

The Touch

Hi Fi Junior

Gyda Gash

Captain Beefheart

Lightnin' Hopkins

Professor Longhair

Shorty Long

West Virginia Creeper

Cherry Vanilla

and my personal favorite:

Tom Morwatts, guitarist in The Mutants

Did anyone say Johnny Blitz & Jimmy Zero? I can't remember...

By the way, Exene's real name is Christine Cervenka.

Yeah, I know, some of mine were in no way related to punk rock. Sorry.

• July 8, 2013 7:36 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Sharon Needles

Cozwell tomb (coz for short... coz tomb = costume)

• July 7, 2013 10:53 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Anyone remember MAD's Punk Parody , where Anita Bryant is interviewing the Punk Band of THE YEAR , Johnny Turd and The Commodes? They're introduced to her as "Johnny Turd , Harvey Belch , Hugo Sweatstain and Jerry Greenblatt.....He's the weird one.".

There's a Johnny and Sid lookalike , the others could be anybody....Joey Ramone has an unspoken cameo .

• July 7, 2013 10:48 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I meant to say , is'nt Exene Cervenka her REAL name , but , HEAL is a better word to use for her.......

John Battles said:

HA HA HA HA, Chip Z'nuff. One of those guys was drowning his sorrows , telling my friend and I how bummed he was that E'nuff Z'nuff was opening for Poison and Lynyrd Skynyrd the next night , and sure to bomb. I think it WAS chip......

Is'nt Exene Cervenka her heal name? Maybe Exene is a psuedonym , but, I never read that it was. I know she briefly called her self "Cervenkova ", but , her late sister , Mary , called herself 'Cervenka" , too.... 

• July 6, 2013 1:26 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Spiv Shotstain. Spiv Shotstain and the Green Frog. Dundee's finest garagepunkers

• July 5, 2013 8:15 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

HA HA HA HA, Chip Z'nuff. One of those guys was drowning his sorrows , telling my friend and I how bummed he was that E'nuff Z'nuff was opening for Poison and Lynyrd Skynyrd the next night , and sure to bomb. I think it WAS chip......

Is'nt Exene Cervenka her heal name? Maybe Exene is a psuedonym , but, I never read that it was. I know she briefly called her self "Cervenkova ", but , her late sister , Mary , called herself 'Cervenka" , too.... 

• July 5, 2013 1:06 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Jello Biafra, 6025, Mojo Nixon, Skid Roper, Mark Arm, Geza X, John Doe, Exene Cervenka, Vaginal Davis, Alicja Trout, Jay Reatard, Ben Weasel, Dean Ween, Gene Ween, Black Francis...

Worst metal pseudonym: Chip Z'Nuff.

• July 5, 2013 2:04 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

The Cramps , alone - There was , of course , Lux Interior and Poison Ivy Rorschach , Pam Balam , Nick Knox , Bryan Gregory (Rumored to not have been his real name.), Julien Griensnatch (Get it?) , Kid Congo Powers , Ike Knox, Jennifur Stokes , Candy Del Mar (Her real name?), Click Mort , Touch Hazard ,  Slim Chance , Nicky Beat , Harry Drumdini , "Basher" Bill Bateman , and a bunch of others......

• July 5, 2013 1:57 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Larry , o0f the Mental Ill , is better known as Sado Marquis.

John Battles said:

Rich Coffee (There were two - Tommyknockers , Thee Fourgiven. And, the other , Gizmos.)

Johnny Thunder(s) - You know the main man , Low Numbers  , and the "Loop De Loop" hitmaker.

There was a Bob B. Sox in  the Spector stable , and another one on the early Chicago Rockabilly scene.

Paul Ramon. He was in a band that was so Punk , the Guitarist set a condom on fire in their own hotel room.

Keith Richard(s) . Has to add the "s" back to his name when he was standing trial in Canada. Also , he feared his remarkable reseblance to Cliff Richard would throw people off.

Woggles - Dan Electro , Manfred , Buzz Hagstrom , (The Late ) Montague.

Pere Ubu / Rocket from The Tombs - Crocus Behemoth (David Thomas).

Chicago area Punksters - Skitz o'pHRENIC , Klaus Trophobic , Special ED ,  LARRY (The Mentally Ill - underrated as fuck , especially compared to - ) Tutu .   Frankenstein (J. Henry Timmis IV.) , Chris Piss , Todd Killings , Iggy Yoakum , Bloody Mess , Sluggo , Bosco , Brad Elvis , Patti Elvis , Gary Elvis , Graham Elvis , Chuck Uchida (His real name . Sounds like "Chuckie Cheetah" ), Cat Chow , Sho Nuff , Velcro Lewis , Mara Mars , Lee Buddah , Mark Blade , Andy Rampage , Randy Revenge , Hans Tantrum , John Battles (But , that's my real name !).

• June 29, 2013 9:21 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I know it's a bit cheeky to say this...but, what the fuck...I've got a good story about how I got my pseudonym "Eugene Ripper"....I was joining my first band in 1979. It was in Toronto Canada and the band was called (and still is) Stark Naked and The Fleshtones...I was 16 years old, the new guy and the youngest in the group...Paul (aka Stark Naked) was the lead singer and in charge of coming up with names...At that point he christened me..."Vic Sectomy"....Hey, it was '79, I was 16 and was in cool band...I was good to go with being Vic Sectomy. Anyway as fate would have it...it was not ment to be. One day, at high school, me and Starky were walking down the halls after cutting a class and getting high. I was feeling kinda mischievous and was a few steps behind Stark as we ambled along. I was somewhat transfixed on a dangle of denim that hanging and dragging of Stark"s ill fitting scrappy tatter hand me down blue jeans...after a few strides...I could help myself and I stepped down on the tassel of denim as Stark stepped forward resulting in the a a good 8 inch rip up leg of his blue jeans...He stopped...turned...paused and pointed..." you , you, you ....YOU JEAN RIPPER!  Kaboooom...let's just said, we had a moment and a laugh and it was done...I was to be "Eugene Ripper" ...after all these year's the handle remains my handle, stage name, nom de disc...all that stuff. 

www.eugeneripper.com

www.starknakedandthefleshtones.com

• June 16, 2013 2:58 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Rich Coffee (There were two - Tommyknockers , Thee Fourgiven. And, the other , Gizmos.)

Johnny Thunder(s) - You know the main man , Low Numbers  , and the "Loop De Loop" hitmaker.

There was a Bob B. Sox in  the Spector stable , and another one on the early Chicago Rockabilly scene.

Paul Ramon. He was in a band that was so Punk , the Guitarist set a condom on fire in their own hotel room.

Keith Richard(s) . Has to add the "s" back to his name when he was standing trial in Canada. Also , he feared his remarkable reseblance to Cliff Richard would throw people off.

Woggles - Dan Electro , Manfred , Buzz Hagstrom , (The Late ) Montague.

Pere Ubu / Rocket from The Tombs - Crocus Behemoth (David Thomas).

Chicago area Punksters - Skitz o'pHRENIC , Klaus Trophobic , Special ED ,  LARRY (The Mentally Ill - underrated as fuck , especially compared to - ) Tutu .   Frankenstein (J. Henry Timmis IV.) , Chris Piss , Todd Killings , Iggy Yoakum , Bloody Mess , Sluggo , Bosco , Brad Elvis , Patti Elvis , Gary Elvis , Graham Elvis , Chuck Uchida (His real name . Sounds like "Chuckie Cheetah" ), Cat Chow , Sho Nuff , Velcro Lewis , Mara Mars , Lee Buddah , Mark Blade , Andy Rampage , Randy Revenge , Hans Tantrum , John Battles (But , that's my real name !).

• June 16, 2013 12:40 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Rich Crook (Lover!, Lost Sounds)

Elvis Wong Reatard (The Reatards, The Wongs, Destruction Unit)

• June 15, 2013 5:57 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        1 0

Untitled

Ari Up

• June 15, 2013 3:39 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Spit Stix , Derf Scratch , SKY SAXON !!!! , Joey Shithead (Someone probably mentioned that one.) , Jean Caffeine , Farrah Fawcett Minors , Alice Bag , Nicky Beat , NICKY SIXX (Jon and The  Nightriders , not Motley Crue.), John Doe , Billy Zoom , D.J. Bonebrake , Sue Tissue , Frank Ennui , Jack Starr , Dane Bramage , Nicky Beat , Carlos Caballero  , Chuck Wagon , Bootsey X / Bobby Beyond , Niagara , DAVE.

• June 13, 2013 11:47 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I think Fritz Krieg is a pretty good name. Better than Rik Mayall , anyway.

• June 13, 2013 11:19 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Actually , Stiv (Or Steven) Bators was his real name. He shortened it to "Bator" , possibly for legal reasons. Adny Shernoff , Stu-Boy King , and Ross"The Boss" Funicello are good ones , too. Lot of talk about The Damned - there was also Algy Ward , Lu , and even Lemmy (Who played in the short - lived Damned offshoot , The Doomed.). Best Ramones name - Elvis Ramone (Clem Burke.). THE ORIGINAL MEMBERS OF DR. FEELGOOD CHANGED THEIR NAMES , BECAUSE THEIR REAL FIRST NAMES WERE ALL "JOHN". Wayne Kramer and Rob Tyner are/were not their real names.

MikeL said:

Johnny Thunders, Iggy Pop, Stiv Bators, Johnny Rotten, Sid Vicious, Richard Hell, Handsome Dick Manitoba, all of the Ramones.

• June 13, 2013 10:59 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

OH , YEAH ,THEN , THERE'S POPE  ,  AND JIM NABORS (BUT , THOSE ARE THEIR REAL NAMES !).

John Battles said:

Other Dallas Punk Psuedonyms : Barry Kooda , Matt Spleen , Joe Christ , Platinum Paul , Johnny Chaos , K.Y. , Ann Atomic , Buck Naked , Bosco , Chit Cherie , Rockabilly Rob , Cap'n Brewkid (Of the original Shitty Beatles.) , Daze , Art Marvel , Homer Henderson , oh....there's others. BTW , not all these people fell under the banner of "Punk" , especially Buck Naked.

Play Pinball! Records said:

Mike/Mite Vomit
      Bobby Soxx
    • June 13, 2013 10:50 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I thought it was even funnier , when I first saw his picture , in 1977 , it read " Dave "Transyl" Vanian.". For years , adopting a psuedonym was not an option when joining The Cramps. I did'nt even think Bryan Gregory was his real name ! Now ,I've forgotten if it was , or not. Julien Griensnatch , apparently , was her real name.....but that was just too good.

BonzoB said:

Dave Vanian always makes me smile, along with Chuck Wagon, and another vote for Kid Congo Powers way past cool!
    • June 13, 2013 10:44 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Other Dallas Punk Psuedonyms : Barry Kooda , Matt Spleen , Joe Christ , Platinum Paul , Johnny Chaos , K.Y. , Ann Atomic , Buck Naked , Bosco , Chit Cherie , Rockabilly Rob , Cap'n Brewkid (Of the original Shitty Beatles.) , Daze , Art Marvel , Homer Henderson , oh....there's others. BTW , not all these people fell under the banner of "Punk" , especially Buck Naked.

Play Pinball! Records said:

Mike/Mite Vomit
      Bobby Soxx

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel