Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Who would you like to put in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame?

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • November 19, 2012 11:44 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Alison , Thank you for mentioning Tommy James and The Shondells. I was going to.

Alison said:

The Troggs!!!!!!!!!!

and

The Shangri-las!!!!!!!

and

The Zombies!!!!

also, Mary Wells, Screamin' Jay Hawkins, Link Wray, The Crystals, Dick Dale, Sun Ra, The Sonics, Roky Erickson, Tommy James and the Shondells, MC5, Gram Parsons, T. Rex, New York Dolls, Television, Cheap Trick, The Jam, the Buzzcocks, Motorhead, the B-52's, the Slits, X-Ray Spex, Gang of Four, The Cramps, and Sonic Youth

• November 19, 2012 11:15 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I don't know if I have a Top Ten , and , I pay so little attention to that abomination that I might mention one or two people that are already there , by mistake . When The RRHF opened , all 25 opening nominees were there for a REASON. There is'nt any reason why it should'nt still be that way. Eddie Cochran was one of the first inductees , but it took FOREVER to induct Gene Vincent. Why? Your guess is as good as mine.

It's going to take a long time until any Garage Rock acts get in . The Seeds , Electric Prunes , ? and The Mysterians ,  Standells  , and The Music Machine ,  to say nothing of Paul Revere and The Raiders , who were HUGE , should already be in , and , maybe , then , the Judges would'nt be so adverse to inducting even lesser known , but still influential , bands of this genre. But , Garage Rock has never been taken that seriously.

MYSELF , I WOULD AGREE , DEFINITELY , Link Wray ,  The Elevators  , The Cramps  , The MC5 , Dick Dale (Even though his ego , crap recordings and cornball live shows have chased away , many of his supporters.) , Joe Meek , and The Sonics , who are still nearly as unlikely as the monks to ever get in the so - called real hall of fame.....But , I hope I'm wrong about that. Good call on Cliff Richard. People run him down all the time , but , who started the British R'n'R scene?

Ahmet Ertegun presented Johnny Hallyday an award for being the first European artist to import R'n'R to the continent. Hallyday and Richard were running pretty much neck and neck , maybe one beat the other's time , getting the first European Rock single out , but , they should both be recogized for getting  in on the ground floor.

And , if  Dick Dale and Link Wray got their due , we'd have to give The Shadows and The Ventures theirs , too.

BUT , IF I  WERE TO NOMINATE 10 ARTISTS TO OUR , NOT THEIR , HALL OF FAME.......

1. The Johnny Burnette Rock'n'Roll Trio.

2.The New York Dolls.

3.Charlie Feathers.

4.The Treniers.

5. Roky Erickson.

6.Screamin' Jay Hawkins.

7. Doug Sahm.

8. The Pretty Things.

9. The Troggs .

10. The Wailers.

Wild Cards.

1. Flamin' Groovies.

2. Slade

3. Blue Cheer.

4.Davie Allan and The Arrows .

5. Travis Wammack.

• November 19, 2012 10:44 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Yes, Roky Erickson should already be in. That's a no brainer. Politics and $$$ make the H o F what it is, no? And, it's expensive. :(

• November 19, 2012 10:29 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        1 0

Untitled

The Troggs!!!!!!!!!!

and

The Shangri-las!!!!!!!

and

The Zombies!!!!

also, Mary Wells, Screamin' Jay Hawkins, Link Wray, The Crystals, Dick Dale, Sun Ra, The Sonics, Roky Erickson, Tommy James and the Shondells, MC5, Gram Parsons, T. Rex, New York Dolls, Television, Cheap Trick, The Jam, the Buzzcocks, Motorhead, the B-52's, the Slits, X-Ray Spex, Gang of Four, The Cramps, and Sonic Youth

• November 19, 2012 5:34 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

oops! wildcards

1. Birthday Party

2. Butthole Surfers

3. Michael Franti

4. Swell

5. Dead Kennedys

• November 19, 2012 4:59 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Syd Barrett, Mick Ronson, Johnny Thunders and John Peel, Dick Dale, Bo Diddley, Sex Pistols, King Kurt, Robert Johnson for starters thanks..... Oh and a Lux Interior waxwork at the Glittery curtained entrance, welcoming everyone in.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel