Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves The Lounge
  • Topic: ANY fans Of HK Cinema 'OUT THERE'??

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • December 23, 2009 5:43 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

ANY fans Of HK (Hong Kong) Cinema 'OUT THERE'?? find anything interesting lately?...
      worthy Of "sharing", worth talking about?? well i'm FOR ONE looking forward to what YOU have to Say!
      discuss discuss...
    • June 28, 2010 3:35 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

We just saw Biozombie, pretty sure it was HK (it was dubbed) - fun flick with lots of laughs and gore. (ie perfect).
    • January 30, 2010 1:21 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

@Andy Rampage :
      I remember "Mad Monkey Kung Fu" as a decent Kung Fu comedy with Liu Chia-Liang and Hsiao Hao training in the mountain and doing great Monkey figures together but I guess I should watch it again some day.
      "Hsiao Hou as: "MONKEY" just 'has TO' BE SEEN TO BE BELIEVED!!" YES ! This I remember ! A real Monkey !

About "Human Lanterns" : I found a copy (in France) about 5 years ago, stole it, lost it and never found it again ...!!!

@ixnayray :
      Well, I've never seen "Entrails of a virgin". Should try this someday !
      Japanese cinema can really be fucked up indeed ! And I love that !
      But I guess this is another discussion !

Back to the Shaw Brothers, has someone ever seen "Bamboo House of Dolls" ?
      No Kung Fu this time but some kind of HK "women in cages" movie.
    • January 28, 2010 8:26 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

The 36th Chamber Of Shaolin - Thats another personal fave of mine. I personally think the Shaw Brothers back catalogue is a real minefield though... theres alot of crap out there. Having said that, much like the music we know and love, you have to sift through the garbage to find the gold!

By the way, if you ever feel like watching something truly fucked up... It has to be Entrails Of A Virgin. You're gonna need a shower after that one Mr. Preacher... YOWZA!!!
    • January 20, 2010 3:24 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

The screamin' Soul Preacher said:

Yeah, I saw "King Boxer" when I was a kid and it definitively changed my life !!! (Who's laughing in the back ???)
      "8th diagram pole" and the "One armed swordsman" serie are great too.
      I like a little less the "5 deadly venoms".

I'd highly recommend "The boxer from Shantung" by Chang Cheh.
      "Killer clans" and "Clans of intrigue" by Chu Yuan are cool ones too.
      Oh, let's add "The blood brothers" by Chang Cheh and what about the "Human lanterns" by Suen Chung ?
      And so on, and so on...Someone stop me or I'll make an endless list !
      Old man Nietzsche iS: EXTREEEMELY ..a'hme Envious.. has been looking for: "HUMAN LANTERNS".. for Near Decades... PLS. Continue..
    • January 20, 2010 3:22 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Bloody Good show!! THANKS for "showing" SOME interest & initiative in my abscense Guys!! ONE TOO MANY High kicks On the veranda left to the Old man "Laid-Up" & IN NEED Of SOME SERIOUS LEAVE Over The NEW YEAR CELEBRATiONS!! But Lord Nietzsche Rampage has descended The mountain TO KICK SOME SERIOUS ASS & Administer "TODAY'S LESSON"!! ALL YOUS GUYS droppin' ALL the HOUSEHOLD NAMES(Woo, Lo Lieh ..Etc.).. NEED TO GET "ON BOARD".. 'HIT' THE ARCHIVES wit' ALL due HASTE!! ..cause Yer "missin-Out" AND *most* Of YOUS don't EVEN know it!! I'm talking about ONE Of THE GREATEST KUNG-FU MARTIAL ARTS FLiXS Of ALL-TIME!!!... !'m talkin' about Today: "MAD MONKEY KUNG FU"!! Sporting AN ALL-STAR CAST.. YOU "Old schoolers" will NO doubt recognize some Of These USUAL SUSPECTS... including Liu Chia Liang's (who looks an awful LOT like The Old dude who ATTACKS Jackie Chan with a pole under a train in:"DRUNKEN MASTER II"!!) humble beginnings as Director & *STAR* ..in the ALL to familiar role Of "Teacher"... & Mr. Lo "5 Fingers Of DEATH" Lieh.. in an ULTRA RARE BAD Guy role!!! Some Of The earliest & bestest examples Of: "WIRE FU" YOU have NEVER SEEN!!.. and even some non-wire fu.. just PURE Athleticism.. sprinked-in.. for Good measure!! Speaking Of.. Hsiao Hou as: "MONKEY" just 'has TO' BE SEEN TO BE BELIEVED!! For about The PRICE Of a Happy MEAL... & like ANY 'GOOD BOOK' this ONE will KEEP ON Giving-up with the smiles!! Still dont Belive ME.. i would EVEN "Offer" TO BUY BACK those from ANY unhappy customers.. But I WON'T ..since I already have '2' Copies myself!! Still here?? WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR???!! *links* provided ... for your Oh so unworthy convenience... http://www.hkflix.com/xq/asp/filmID.536796/qx/details.htm AGAIN I Say: "WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR???!!!" Cheers, Old man Nietzsche Rampage ascends mountain, to come & administer "lessons" again ... ON another day...
    • January 11, 2010 2:23 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Yeah, I saw "King Boxer" when I was a kid and it definitively changed my life !!! (Who's laughing in the back ???) "8th diagram pole" and the "One armed swordsman" serie are great too. I like a little less the "5 deadly venoms". I'd highly recommend "The boxer from Shantung" by Chang Cheh. "Killer clans" and "Clans of intrigue" by Chu Yuan are cool ones too. Oh, let's add "The blood brothers" by Chang Cheh and what about the "Human lanterns" by Suen Chung ? And so on, and so on...Someone stop me or I'll make an endless list !
    • January 7, 2010 8:29 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        1 0

Untitled

Five Fingers of Death is great. I am also a big fan of the Five Deadly Venoms. Definitely an influence on Kill Bill. Also Eight Diagram Pole Fighter and One Armed Swordsman. ixnayray said:
      Yeah John Woo's HK stuff was amazing. My personal fave would be The Killer. It's a shame he never made a decent flick in the USA but I guess that was to be expected...

For the great HK Kung Fu flick I highly recommend King Boxer aka Five Fingers Of Death.
    • January 6, 2010 1:28 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Yeah John Woo's HK stuff was amazing. My personal fave would be The Killer. It's a shame he never made a decent flick in the USA but I guess that was to be expected...

For the great HK Kung Fu flick I highly recommend King Boxer aka Five Fingers Of Death.
    • January 5, 2010 12:22 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        1 0

Untitled

Love the Shaw Bros.! Also, much later on in HK cinema, check out John Woo's "Hard Boiled". The movie pretty much invented the close quarters gunfight and the slow-mo shoot 'n dive.
    • January 4, 2010 4:53 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

A gift from some crazy kung-fu Santa I guess...
    • December 28, 2009 2:53 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Got afew Of those "SHAW-SCOPE" Beauties in the mail.. recently..&
      "Just 'In Time'! ~for XXXXX-mass!!!" really 'ought-to' POST SOME *links* for these beauties here!!
    • December 23, 2009 8:24 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Haven't seen nothing new lately but I've been trough some kind of "nostalgic" trip with some old Shaw Brothers productions.
    • October 13, 2013 6:55 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        2 0

Untitled

Yeah, I love them. City On Fire's one of the best, especially as a certain Quinten Tarantino cribbed from that. The girls in them are just so pretty, especially Chingmy Yau and Carrie Ng. Shame the former colonial master never learned from these films and made some CAT III ones of their own, especially with some of the most exquisite females you can imagine.  

• October 16, 2013 5:34 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Not so much....a few. Always liked "Infra Man". There's a realy insane fake Bruce Lee movie , in which Bruce Lee goes to Hell (Which looks suspiciously like Hong Kong.) and teams up with Popeye The Sailorman (!) AND OTHERS TO FIGHT THE ARMY OF DARKNESS - Dracula , The Godfather , The Exorcist (!) , James Bond(!!)., The Man With No Name and others , and liberate Hell in the name of teh good people who were wrongly condemned to eternity , there. But , I was never much of a Kung Fu cinema fan. "The Seven Golden Bros. Vs. Dracula" , a Hammer / Shaw Bros. collaboration  actually works.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel