Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: 3 steps to heaven???

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • June 30, 2010 3:24 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Songs written by who to fast track them through the pearly gates.....

Ok! Here goes. Q: St Peter : So Mr Lux Interior. What have you done that has been and done for the overall good of man and mankind??? Lux Interior: A well sir I did write Can Your Pussy Do The Dog, and Jackyard Backoff.......  St Peter: Can't argue with that sir! Enjoy your stay.....

Who else has a pass go and collect 200 dollars card in the Rawk world???
    • November 19, 2012 12:34 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

iT'S HARD TO SAY....IVY HAS BEEN SEEN AROUND , A BIT , IN LA. KID CONGO TOLD ME SHE'S DOING A LOT BETTER , AND LOOKS SPLENDID. I'M MORE CONCERNED WITH HER WELL - BEING THAN I AM TO DREAM THE IMPOSSIBLE DREAM , AND WISH FOR ANOTHER LUX TO MATERIALIZE.

• November 13, 2012 5:32 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Yep! they're still lookin for the mold mate, so they can break it. Good luck wi that search. I think it's still in Ivy's closet

• November 12, 2012 7:03 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Oh, I got ya. You reminded of a funny story , regarding Lux Interior. Actually , I have some good ones of my own , and some that other people told me. They don't make 'em like him , and they never did , either.

• November 12, 2012 5:19 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hehe. We're all on standby to walk up them stairs man! I guess i was trying to see, dead or alive, who could take the elevator?

• November 12, 2012 2:43 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Andy , Maybe I picked the wrong week to stop drinking Romilar cough syrup , but , was'nt the general question , more or less , who do you think would get a free pass to Rock'n'Roll Heaven? Ray and Dave , of course , are alive , even though Dave had his stroke right when he and his Brother attempted a reconciliation and were talking about collaborating  , possibly even with the original Kinks (Until , of course , Pete Quaiffe passed away.).

Never saw The Kinks , tho' I tried to , but , I saw Dave once and Ray , three times. Guess who rocked like fuck.

• November 12, 2012 5:15 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

No room in there for  Ray and Dave Davies? Surely, 'Everybody's Gonna Be Happy' is pure garage gold. 'Waterloo Sunset' would bring a tear to any glass eye. Perhaps another topic in there? 'Bands sadly overlooked, even by the Punkers'. We should always 'question reality' because we can seldom get to question those who shape it!

• November 11, 2012 6:38 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

As my bumper sticker reads Question Reality ?  This big round ball we live on that floats in the middle of nowhere can sometimes seem like hell.

• November 11, 2012 6:04 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Oh , boy . Such a loaded question...i DON'T KNOW IF i STILL BELIEVE IN hEAVEN IN THE TRADITIONAL SENSE, THOUGH i HAVE CAUGHT MYSELF USING IT AS A CATCH - ALL PHRASE.

FOR STARTERS , I can readily see Eddie , Gene ,  Marc , Elvis , Carl , Bo ,  Johnnys Burnette , Cash , Ramone and Thunders , Joey , Dee Dee ,  Brian Jones , Sir Doug , Roy "o" , Link , LUX OF COURSE , Screamin' Jay Hawkins ,  Rob Tyner , Michael Davis , Fred "Sonic" Smith , Jerry NOLAN , RONNIE BOND , Hasil , Dave Day , Roger Johnston , Sean Bonniwell , Razzle , Steve Marriott , Ronnie "Plonk" Lane* , Ron Asheton , Dave Alexander ,  Arthur Lee , Syd Barrett , Dickie Peterson , Janis Martin , Barbara Pittman , Paula Pierce , Richie Teeter , Bryan Gregory , Lord Sutch , DJ JOHN PEEL , HOSS ALLEN , THE REAL DON STEELE , MAD MIKE ,THE MAD DADDY , AND , of course , YOUR OLD PAL , ALAN FREED.

btw, I found out why they called him "Plonk" . Would you like to know?

• November 11, 2012 5:02 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Haha. We're all goin straight to heck mate! All the members of the Choir will get the nod for this classic

http://youtu.be/T1PbbKQmA1E

• July 19, 2010 11:12 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I thought all rock'n'rollers went straight to hell! What's this "heaven" shit? ;)

"Go read a book and flunk a test." -Iggy

• July 19, 2010 1:04 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

RIP Lux, you will surely be missed.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel