Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Shock Confessions

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • January 6, 2013 8:14 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

WELL , i SEE WHAT YOU MEAN , BUT , OUT OF ALL THE REFORMED 60'S GARAGE - ERA BANDS (AND I DID A THREAD ABOUT THIS) , ONLY A COUPLE WERE REALLY , REALLY BAD. BESIDES THE GREENFUZ , I CAN'T REMEMBER WHO ELSE WAS.....But , I have a friend who thought he was going to blow the minds of all his Old School Punk Rock FRIENDS BY PUBLICALLY ANNOUNCING THAT HE LIKES ABBA. I had to tell him , even Abba has Punk cred in some circles ,  now , so , don't expect anyone to be shocked.Sorry , we were talking what we DON'T like (Not that I particularly like Abba.) . More on that , later......

• January 5, 2013 3:32 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I can't stand old bands getting back together. A few exceptions (urinals, sonics, monks), but generally it's just a sad attempt to make a few bucks in the autumn years. S'ry.

• January 5, 2013 1:50 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Yes , my son. How long has it been since you've been to confession?   Take this chocolate chip cookie , for it is my body....Take this vitamin D milk , for it is my blood . You are to send me at least 5 rare Garage 45s as your absolution , or , just make peace with the idea that , hey , we don't have to agree on everything. Maybe we all have "Guilty " dislikes as well as likes.  Though I love it , I could readily imagine not all fans of this stuff liking Randy Alvey and The Green Fuz' signature tune. I mean , come on  . It sounds like it was recorded in a mineshaft , on tape that intentionally had small chunks of coal imbedded in it. UNO MAS , I love The song, I love The Cramps' version , I even find The Seclusions' Disco - delic version amusing. But , I did see The Green Fuz AT THE PONDEROSA STOMP , AND THEY WERE TERRIBLE. Wanted to love it.......

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel