Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Shock Confessions

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • January 24, 2013 6:46 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        1 0

Untitled

I just don't like The Doors, Radiohead, Elvis Costello, The Smiths, The Who, The White Stripes, Neutral Milk Hotel, Robin Hitchcock, The Grateful Dead, LCD Soundsystem, Minor Threat, The Strokes, Doo Wop music, Half Japanese, the Mooney Suzuki, Wilco, Roxy Music, Animal Collective, Kiss, Pere Ubu, modern Rockabilly music, Bad Religion, Beat Happening, DMZ, Belle and Sebastian, Can, the Chesterfield Kings, ska music, Black Flag, They Might Be Giants, Elliot Smith, The Hives, the Blues Magoos, Pussy Galore, Cabaret Voltaire, AC/DC, the Residents, Big Star, the Dead Kennedys, the Yeah,Yeah,Yeahs, the Black Keys, Mark Sultan, Husker Du, Rap music, Pearl Jam, Captain Beefheart, the Dwarves, Led Zeppelin, or the Black Lips.

Whew! Nice to get that off my chest.

• January 23, 2013 6:21 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

"vot are yew SENK? ZHOU DON LAHK MAH SINKING?"Nico.

They're one of those bands , despite their exalted status , I think it's OK to like or don't like. I liked 'em  , then I did'nt , now I do. It took a VILE for Nico's VOSS to grow on me . 

TipplerMario said:

I don't think this will be shocking but, I hate everything The Velvet Underground did with Nico, I hate it, I can't stand it, is it her voice, idk, I just don't like it.

• January 23, 2013 4:02 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I don't think this will be shocking but, I hate everything The Velvet Underground did with Nico, I hate it, I can't stand it, is it her voice, idk, I just don't like it.

• January 23, 2013 3:35 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Yes , and as James will tell you , I was at that Arlington Heights County Fair (Whatever it was.) show, too ,  and Mitch only did , liek 3 songs , but , he sounded great , as did Lindsay , and Spencer Davis ALWAYS COMES THRU , IF BRIT BLUES IS YOUR THING. The surprise treat for James and our friend , Pat , was seeing JIMY ROGERS AND THE MAUDS.  wORDS FAIL ME. cONSULT YOUTUBE.    I think the fever the Shadows of Knight had on that Little Steven show was Steven personally telling 'em , can that 80's Rock shit and get back to The Garage !!! i DID'nt see that show . My friend , Rocco ,  and  I were there , but , we got the word that some of The Stones (Who were also playing that night.) might turn up at Ian MacLagan's gig. It turned out to be no rumor , but  , they did'nt show , it was 20  degrees below solid frozen balls , and The Stones were playing outside. Call 'em Dinosaurs, that was the ice age for them. I'm sure they spent the rest of the night in a sauna. I figured , worst case scenario , we still see Ian MacLagan do a great show , and that's what happened.
      James Porter said:

I was at the Shadows of Knight show that John mentions. It was at the tail end of the summer, IIRC, at an outdoor festival. Jim Sohns was the only original left. The only actual Shadows songs performed were "Gloria," "Oh Yeah" and "Shake." The rest of their set was fleshed out by cover versions of such asskickers as "This Diamond Ring" and "Sunday Will Never Be The Same." Yikes. That'd be like the Yardbirds covering Chad & Jeremy songs. My hopes were fairly high - the only other time I saw them, it was on a Little Steven garage revue, and they sounded like they got "the fever" back. By the time of this outdoor show, they had reverted back to being a cheesy oldies band. For shame. As for Mitch Ryder, the only time I saw him was, again, at a county fair oldies revue with Spencer Davis, Mark Lindsay and Rare Earth. Under the circumstances, he kicked much ass.

John Battles said:

Shadows of Knight have had a reputation for being terrible , or , at best , mediocre , for decades , in Chicagoland. They just did a rare (And free) show in Chicago proper a few months ago , About 3 blocks from my place. Thank God I had a family function to go to ! Jimy Sohns owns the name , so it's always been him and whoever is backing him. Joe Kelly sits in on occasion , or he used to. They're in that documentary on Garage Rock with Sky Saxon , which has it's moments , they're at least doing some of the right songs .  Did Mitch Ryder and The Detroit Wheels do a reunion show ? Mitch may have just been using the name. In more recent live footage I've seen of him , he was killin' it , but , I have'nt seen him do a full set in nearly 20 years , usually with Johnny "B' Badanjek , from The Detroit Wheels on drums and Rob Gillespie (Powertrane , Rob Tyner Band.) on guitar. I've seen Mitch at least a half - dozen times , he was always great , even , and especially , when he was playing to 15 or 30 people.   But , I've heard he's done some bad , or just fair , shows , too.....       If you meant the Greenfuz show at The Ponderosa Stomp , MY GOD! THAT WAS PUTRID !! We all love that record for the cruddy sound , but , those guys sounded like they had'nt even practiced. Plus , the Southern Boogie Rock covers did'nt help. I wanted to love it..........

Howie Pyro said:

the worst reunion of a 60's band was The Shadows of Knight oh my god...the worst! Very similar were Mitch Ryder & the Detroit Wheels (who i didn't go see but they were in a festival i was at...seriously everyone, even normal people were running to get outta there! Right up there with those 2 were The Green Fuz, woah, so bad the promoter "punished" them & forced them to come back & play Green Fuz all the way through without introducing the band all the way through it to get to their "important" blues ramblings...i do have a tape of it and it has a running commentary from my friend Todd Abramson that is fucking hysterical...I also saw the Shaggs & thought it was mind blowingly great...

• January 20, 2013 11:38 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I was at the Shadows of Knight show that John mentions. It was at the tail end of the summer, IIRC, at an outdoor festival. Jim Sohns was the only original left. The only actual Shadows songs performed were "Gloria," "Oh Yeah" and "Shake." The rest of their set was fleshed out by cover versions of such asskickers as "This Diamond Ring" and "Sunday Will Never Be The Same." Yikes. That'd be like the Yardbirds covering Chad & Jeremy songs. My hopes were fairly high - the only other time I saw them, it was on a Little Steven garage revue, and they sounded like they got "the fever" back. By the time of this outdoor show, they had reverted back to being a cheesy oldies band. For shame. As for Mitch Ryder, the only time I saw him was, again, at a county fair oldies revue with Spencer Davis, Mark Lindsay and Rare Earth. Under the circumstances, he kicked much ass.

John Battles said:

Shadows of Knight have had a reputation for being terrible , or , at best , mediocre , for decades , in Chicagoland. They just did a rare (And free) show in Chicago proper a few months ago , About 3 blocks from my place. Thank God I had a family function to go to ! Jimy Sohns owns the name , so it's always been him and whoever is backing him. Joe Kelly sits in on occasion , or he used to. They're in that documentary on Garage Rock with Sky Saxon , which has it's moments , they're at least doing some of the right songs .  Did Mitch Ryder and The Detroit Wheels do a reunion show ? Mitch may have just been using the name. In more recent live footage I've seen of him , he was killin' it , but , I have'nt seen him do a full set in nearly 20 years , usually with Johnny "B' Badanjek , from The Detroit Wheels on drums and Rob Gillespie (Powertrane , Rob Tyner Band.) on guitar. I've seen Mitch at least a half - dozen times , he was always great , even , and especially , when he was playing to 15 or 30 people.   But , I've heard he's done some bad , or just fair , shows , too.....       If you meant the Greenfuz show at The Ponderosa Stomp , MY GOD! THAT WAS PUTRID !! We all love that record for the cruddy sound , but , those guys sounded like they had'nt even practiced. Plus , the Southern Boogie Rock covers did'nt help. I wanted to love it..........

Howie Pyro said:

the worst reunion of a 60's band was The Shadows of Knight oh my god...the worst! Very similar were Mitch Ryder & the Detroit Wheels (who i didn't go see but they were in a festival i was at...seriously everyone, even normal people were running to get outta there! Right up there with those 2 were The Green Fuz, woah, so bad the promoter "punished" them & forced them to come back & play Green Fuz all the way through without introducing the band all the way through it to get to their "important" blues ramblings...i do have a tape of it and it has a running commentary from my friend Todd Abramson that is fucking hysterical...I also saw the Shaggs & thought it was mind blowingly great...

• January 20, 2013 2:03 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

SOME PEOPLE ARE JUST THE OPPOSITE , THOUGH , THEY WILL ONLY ACCEPT MODERN BANDS....STRANGELY ENOUGH , THE ONLY TOKEN GARAGE BAND A LOT OF PEOPLE ACCEPT , PARTICULARLY IN ROCKABILLY CIRCLES , IS THE SONICS.      ME , I LOVE ME SOME SONICS , AND WILL GO SEE 'EM IF I CAN.     THE WAILERS ROCKED LIKE FUCK AS OLD MEN , SO , TO ME , THERE'S NO REASON THE SONICS CAN'T BE AS GOOD AS THEIR 10" RECORD THEY RELEASED RECENTLY , THE IN-STUDIO PERFORMANCE AND THE MANY LIVE CLIPS ON YOUTUBE.   BUT , WHEN PEOPLE WILL ONLY LISTEN TO THE SONICS , AND NOT CHECK OUT OTHER PERIOD - APPROPO BANDS , WHEN IT'S ALL ON LINE , OR ,  GOD FORBID , IN A RECORD STORE , WHEN WE USED TO PRACTICALLY HAVE TO EXCAVATE THE PYRAMIDS FOR STRAY PEBBLES COMPS AND SHITTY SOUNDING EVA RECORDS , THEN , i have to ask , did our generation fail , somewhere? wHEN i WAS A TEEN (sORRY , i DON'T HEAR SO GOOD IN THIS EAR , AND I GOT BURSITIS IN MY KNEE AND THE MISERY IN MY BACK....) , THE ANGER WAS ONLY PART OF IT. I WAS MORE DRAWN TO THE FUN. THE MUSIC MY PEERS WERE INTO WAS'NT FUN AT ALL , BUT , WHEN I FINALLY GOT TO HEAR SOME OF THIS PUNK ROCK STUFF I'D ONLY HEARD AND READ ABOUT , I GOT IT. IT WAS SPPOSED TO BE FUN. THE ANGER PART GOT MISDIRECTED  , WHICH IS A GODDAMN SHAME . I AGREE ABOUT THE KINGS , AND CAN'T BELIEVE THERE EVEN IN A "THEM" . IT'S THE BASS PLAYER , I THINK? I SAW A RECENT CLIP , SAD. MEANWHILE , THE DOWNLINERS SECT CAN STILL MOW THRU ANY YOUNG BAND THAT FANCIES THEIR CHANCES.

• January 18, 2013 3:12 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

There seems to be an underlying stream here that garage music should be confined solely to the 60's and 70's. the obvious golden age. Like all music from pop to punk it follows a formula and as the Village People say... 'You Can't Stop the Music' I feel the fact that some bands are shit then good then shit again is only to be human. How can old guys and grrrrls still feel the anger (apart from GG Allin) that they felt in their teens. Not possible. Life and experience take over. Thats wot makes the punk scene great. Like nature it adapts and we quite rightly should feel like the old farts at the gig as the kids who are affected by the Ty Segals, Jay Reatards, Thee Oh Sees, Kurt Viles of the world  et al, express themselves and speak the same teenage bollox and shit that we did 20, 40, 60 years ago. Come on. The Chesterfield Kings haven't been relevant for years. The Sonics should keep their slippers on, and the angry young Them, now open supermarkets and gala's. Everything in its place and everything of its time. I'm not the same furious 18 year old i was 25 years ago.... THANK FUCK!!! haha

• January 17, 2013 11:51 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I think what's happened , in the past , is Rev. Horton Heat's fans (Not all of 'em. There's a changing of the guard every so often.) , they want to live out this vicarious fantasy of being "Badass" , and Jim (The REV) has written songs to (Perhaps unconsciously) pander to that element. Jim Heath is a very old friend of mine , and I understand some of the criticism , and even positive press that misses the point ,that's been heaped upon him since maybe his third album. Jim is not a "Badass". Jim is a sharp cat who got the Hell out of Dallas and hit the road , when all his peers , barring the briefly famous New Bohemians and MC 900 Ft. Jesus , stayed in Deep Ellum to watch Babylon fall. As a lyricist , Jim can be witty , clever , and hilarious , but some of his best songs were never released , or haveonly turned up , recently. "Laffin' and Cryin'"is full of great Country and Rockabilly lyrical witticisms. It's a real return to form. bUT ,  i'M NOT OUT TOCONVERT ANYONE . He's had his ups and downs , but the last  few albums have been pretty strong.

Some pre - Henry Black Flag I like OK , and "TV Party " , I always thought was hilarious , tho' sadly accurate. "Rise Above"was the only other song on that album I nearly liked , but, I'm with you on that one. I'd rather listen to "Los Angeles" than "Damaged". Partly , because I CAN listen to it.
      Greg Hanson said:

I hear that. There are a handful of 80s garage bands that I dig (I actually kind of like the Fuzztones, but it depends on the track), but I think 90s Mudhoney/Mummies/etc. stuff kicked it off again.

I personally can't stand Childish's voice. I can't get into it at all. Same with Reverend Horton Heat's lyrics - almost destroys everything good. 

I don't really get the appeal of Rollins Black Flag. TV Party is fun and Rise Above is classic but past that, most of Damaged bores the crap out of me. 

dave said:

Can't stand the Fuzztones or Chesterfield Kings, in fact most 80s 'garage bands' just make me cringe. Didn't like new stuff 'til the Mummies/Gories for the most part.

Oh, and John, I'm with ya about the Childish thang. You could prolly make about 4 compilation LPs of related stuff, but jeez, enuff!

• January 17, 2013 11:29 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Yeah , exactly. I'm not saying everything Childish did was shit , but , he was the "Garage " act that people who know nothing about this music gravitated toward in the 90's , in particular. A couple of carefully curated comps , like the one Sub Pop did , might cast him in a better light , but he did more records than Frank Zappa 20 years ago.

Chesterfield Kings , I liked to a point. They were always inconsistent , live. They could be great, or terrible. I never bought any of their records , except a bootleg from the first tour i saw them on , in '88.      Fuzztones , I still like. Maybe not everything , but "Salt For Zombies" was probably the best thing they ever did. It's never been cool to like The Fuzztones , which kind of makes me like them , more. There's very GOOD FOOTAGE On YOU tUBE  of their recent gig in Italy.   I kind of felt I was being put on with The Mummies , tho' I can take a joke. People take them seriously , now.   When I saw The Gories , in 1990 , opening for The Gibson Bros. , I was the only person standing in front of the stage . Everyone else was in the rear of the club.... I knew they were on to something , but their legend loomed larger in death. Now that they have reformed , they're playing to hundreds of people a throw, many too young to have seen them the first time around. And , they were kind enough to ask me to open for them , two years ago. I sort of felt like they must have , in 1990 , but , WE WERE ALL THERE TO HAVE FUN. There's still this innocence about The Gories. They are not Rock Stars , and they do not have a master plan. "It's Rock'n'Roll , and the message is DO IT ! TO IT !".
      dave said:

Can't stand the Fuzztones or Chesterfield Kings, in fact most 80s 'garage bands' just make me cringe. Didn't like new stuff 'til the Mummies/Gories for the most part.

Oh, and John, I'm with ya about the Childish thang. You could prolly make about 4 compilation LPs of related stuff, but jeez, enuff!

• January 17, 2013 5:14 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I hear that. There are a handful of 80s garage bands that I dig (I actually kind of like the Fuzztones, but it depends on the track), but I think 90s Mudhoney/Mummies/etc. stuff kicked it off again.

I personally can't stand Childish's voice. I can't get into it at all. Same with Reverend Horton Heat's lyrics - almost destroys everything good. 

I don't really get the appeal of Rollins Black Flag. TV Party is fun and Rise Above is classic but past that, most of Damaged bores the crap out of me. 

dave said:

• January 17, 2013 3:45 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

• January 17, 2013 12:02 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Howie Pyro said:

• January 16, 2013 11:44 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

• January 16, 2013 8:23 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Never liked Guns'n'Roses. People from LA swear they were good , live , before they got signed. I dunno......I liked Queen , OK , when I was in Junior High . I saw Kiss when I was 11 , before it was common to be a preteen , going to see Kiss ,  and , sure , I loved 'em , THEN. I got over it. I can see anyone not liking those groups , ever. As for The Clash , I got off 'em for years , but , I like them again , now. But , I WON'T CONDEMN ANYONE WHO DOES'NT.

But , I never got it with AC/DC. They'd play their live LP , a bit , on the radio , around '78 ,before they broke in the states ,  AND I WAS TRYING TO FIGURE OUT IF I LIKED THEM OR NOT (THEY WERE ALSO ON "TED NUGENT'S EXTRAVAGONZO " on The Midnight Special with another still -little known band
      , Cheap TRICK . i'M STILL TRYING TO FIGURE THEM out!).....i DECIDED , i'D GIVEN THEM A CHANCE , BUT , NO , i DID'NT LIKE 'EM. Especially when they became the band Jocks and Stoners agreed on at my High School . I was getting into Punk by then , and could'nt be bothered with it. If they made a special White male ID card , I set mine on fire they day I decided I did'nt like AC/DC.  I'll take Rose Tattoo over them , any day.......
      Tersicore said:

Ok, I confess: 

I never liked bands like AC/DC, Queen, Kiss, Guns n´Roses et al, even if they had some great songs, for the fact that I HATE high Voices coming from Guys!  

and, confession nr. 2 

except for a short time at the beginning and a few songs, I don´t like The Clash that much!  There, said it!

• January 16, 2013 12:22 PM CST
    • Untitled

I love the Cramps, but "Lonesome Town" is one I can't sit through!

• January 16, 2013 5:57 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Ok, I confess: 

I never liked bands like AC/DC, Queen, Kiss, Guns n´Roses et al, even if they had some great songs, for the fact that I HATE high Voices coming from Guys!  

and, confession nr. 2 

except for a short time at the beginning and a few songs, I don´t like The Clash that much!  There, said it!

• January 15, 2013 9:03 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

The Christmas single with Screamin' Jay Hawkins and the Fuzztones, which sounded sooooo good, at least like such a good idea absolutely SUCKED BALLS!! Plus I'll never get over all those reports about what a dick Rudi Protrudi was, but, to be fair, I screamed and yelled at some of my band members when they would cancel practice behind my back and I'd go ballistic. Probably my worst confession was that I treated playing garage like a job which I took seriously and took offense to those who referred to it as "fun" or as a "hobby"  FUN is riding a roller coaster or having a party with lots of colorful balloons and a hobby is something like collecting stamps or building little ships that fit inside of bottles.

• January 15, 2013 3:17 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Well , you should have seen the Elder Janis in Green Bay , wearing leather pants , smoking and drinking PBR in the can  , saying "I'm a DIRTY BROAD!!" AND ROCKIN' THE SHIT OUT OF THAT PLACE........I'd say , give her another spin. I never thought of her image or her sound as being badass. Just some good Rockabilly music.

James Porter said:

Here's something even more sacrilegous:

Janis Martin. The so-called Female Elvis.

Have a compilation that I've only played once.

I thought it sounded just a little too camped-up. Maybe I should listen again. Seemed like her image was more badass than her actual music.

• January 15, 2013 2:58 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Here's something even more sacrilegous:

Janis Martin. The so-called Female Elvis.

Have a compilation that I've only played once.

I thought it sounded just a little too camped-up. Maybe I should listen again. Seemed like her image was more badass than her actual music.

• January 15, 2013 1:50 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Oh what the Hell - White Stripes , Jon Spencer (Barring The Gibson Bros.) , Detroit Cobras , Nashville Pussy , Oblivians, Black Lips , Reigning Sound , Mummies , (POST - TEEN GARAGE) Greenhornes ,  FLAMING LIPS (80's to the present.) , Deadbolt , Billy Childish *, Cheater Slicks , and , God rest his soul , just the same , Jay Reatard , The Reatards , etc.. I liked one or two of his later songs , that's about it. 

* I bought my first Milkshakes record in '85 or '86. After tons of hype and about 100 records , he lost me . I could'nt even get in to see Thee Headcoats , and my friend's band , who brought in a lot of people themselves , got $100 to split three ways , for opening . I saw Buff Medways , thought they were awful.

"Dang me , dang me. They oughta take a rope and hang me". I don't totally hate all the bands I named. I just don't get it.

• January 8, 2013 1:33 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

That's cool , I just was'nt sure if a long - overdue reissue had ever happened. BTW , if anyone cares , Bubble Puppy called themselves Sirius for a short time in the late 70's.

There's a you tube channel with some great recent footage of the reformed Bubble Puppy . I think it's AMYbubblepuppy or amybubblepuppy......It's run by Guitarist , Rod Prince's Daughter.

James Porter said:

My copy is a CD reissue. I forget what label it's on (I'm too tired to look on the shelf and see!) but I'm guessing Fallout. Legal? Can't say.

John Battles said:

I DON'T KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE HEARD DEMIAN'S ALBUM , THOUGH , I DON'T KNOW IF IT WAS EVER LEGALLY REISSUED. COLLECTIBLES MIGHT HAVE A CRAP - SOUNDING CD. I DON'T LISTEN TO IT AS MUCH AS THE BUBBLE PUPPY LP ( I SCORED AN ORIGINAL COPY OF THE  DEMIAN LP AT THE OLD RECORD EXCHANGE ON MORSE , A DUSTY , DIRTY USED RECORD STORE JAMES AND I USED TO FREQUENT , PRESIDED OVER BY A CAT NAMED CHARLIE WHO MUST HAVE WEIGHED 40 POUNDS.)......ACTUALLY , MY FAVORITES ARE THE SINGLES , PARTICULARLY "Thinkin' about Thinkin'". they did anothe ralbum , in the late 70's , under another name (I'm forgetting , now.) and one in the 80's as Bubble Puppy again (Which , I read recently , is only rumored to exist. My copy is'nt some hallucination.)

Bubble Puppy probably fall under that category of  Bands that were'nt considered cool to like for a long time , but   , are , now , like Iron Butterfly , Black Oak Arkansas, Brownsville Station , etc.

James Porter said:

Well, getting back to the topic (sorta)...

I think Demian's album was better than the Bubble Puppy's.
      And yes, I know it's the same four guys on both LPs.
      As much as I love Bubble Puppy's "Hot Smoke & Sassafrass" (and the B-side, "Lonely"), I think Demian has the edge.

• January 7, 2013 11:26 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

My copy is a CD reissue. I forget what label it's on (I'm too tired to look on the shelf and see!) but I'm guessing Fallout. Legal? Can't say.

John Battles said:

I DON'T KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE HEARD DEMIAN'S ALBUM , THOUGH , I DON'T KNOW IF IT WAS EVER LEGALLY REISSUED. COLLECTIBLES MIGHT HAVE A CRAP - SOUNDING CD. I DON'T LISTEN TO IT AS MUCH AS THE BUBBLE PUPPY LP ( I SCORED AN ORIGINAL COPY OF THE  DEMIAN LP AT THE OLD RECORD EXCHANGE ON MORSE , A DUSTY , DIRTY USED RECORD STORE JAMES AND I USED TO FREQUENT , PRESIDED OVER BY A CAT NAMED CHARLIE WHO MUST HAVE WEIGHED 40 POUNDS.)......ACTUALLY , MY FAVORITES ARE THE SINGLES , PARTICULARLY "Thinkin' about Thinkin'". they did anothe ralbum , in the late 70's , under another name (I'm forgetting , now.) and one in the 80's as Bubble Puppy again (Which , I read recently , is only rumored to exist. My copy is'nt some hallucination.)

Bubble Puppy probably fall under that category of  Bands that were'nt considered cool to like for a long time , but   , are , now , like Iron Butterfly , Black Oak Arkansas, Brownsville Station , etc.

James Porter said:

As much as I love Bubble Puppy's "Hot Smoke & Sassafrass" (and the B-side, "Lonely"), I think Demian has the edge.

• January 7, 2013 2:17 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

James Porter said:

• January 7, 2013 7:27 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

right on.

dave said:

I can't stand old bands getting back together. A few exceptions (urinals, sonics, monks), but generally it's just a sad attempt to make a few bucks in the autumn years. S'ry.

• January 6, 2013 9:57 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel