Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: One Man Bands

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • June 18, 2013 10:57 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Whats up yall, I am a pirate radio dj on a station in northern California called Humboldt Free Radio Alliance. I do a 2 hour show every week and want to do an entire show of one man garage bands. Any one have any suggestions? I have a few already: bbq, King Lollipop and Dead Elvis. Any suggestions of who to check out would be great. 

• June 25, 2013 4:31 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Yeah , seemed like a longshot , but , who can be sure? Actually , The Ledge started out as a one man band , himself.

• June 24, 2013 2:36 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

John Battles said:

You mean , Anus Presley , who used to guest with The Butthole Surfers , or someone else?

Not the Butthole's.  This guy is sort of like 'Hasil Adkins meets The Legendary Stardust Cowboy'  I don't know anything about him butt eye gots me 4 songs of his, cheers

• June 23, 2013 10:43 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Gotta give a shout for three guys I saw live recently

Scott H Biram

Honkeyfinger and Dave Arcari

Molly Gene One Whoaman Band plays some some pretty mean punk blues, worth checking out if you've not heard her before

• June 23, 2013 4:10 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

You mean , Anus Presley , who used to guest with The Butthole Surfers , or someone else?

I had this macho hardass redneck jerkoff I was sharing a studio space with in school, I accidentally on purpose played "Revenge of Anus Presley" when he was in the room. He never came back. These others , I have'nt heard of. Good names , most of 'em. We had a big One Man Band FESTIVAL IN CHICAGO , ABOUT 10 YEARS AGO. There  were someting like 150 performers in several venues.

• June 22, 2013 4:34 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I love OMB's !!  here's a couple of links to a fella from N.Z.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZQYvUEml8U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdKtafQt9JE

His song 'Party at Boss Christs house"  is awesome too

other OMB's that come to mind...

Jawbone, Anus Presley, D-66, HonkeyFinger, El Zombie, Hollowbelly, Johnny Cancer, Junkpile Jimmy, o lendario chucrobillyman, Lone wolf one man band, Wasted Pido

Cheers

• June 20, 2013 8:29 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Awesome guys, thanks for all of this info. I will need to spend some time huntin this stuff down. 

• June 20, 2013 4:30 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Absolutely. I just assumed anyone who's this interested in One Man Bands knows all about Hasil Adkins . But , on a similar note , while we're talking about artists who did'nt start doing this 10 years ago , or less , Jack Starr is also a must.

kopper said:

Like Rob said, look for that double LP comp called "Attack of the One Man Bands" that came out in 2007. It's a fantastic sampling of lots of well-known OMBs as well as lots of obscurities.

Also, you can't start a thread like this without mentioning the Godfather of the One Man Band, Hasil Adkins. Seek out and buy anything you can get your hands on by the Haze. He's phenomenal.

Oh yeah, John Schooley is good, too (former guitarist of the Revelators and the Hard Feelings).

• June 20, 2013 8:01 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Like Rob said, look for that double LP comp called "Attack of the One Man Bands" that came out in 2007. It's a fantastic sampling of lots of well-known OMBs as well as lots of obscurities.

Also, you can't start a thread like this without mentioning the Godfather of the One Man Band, Hasil Adkins. Seek out and buy anything you can get your hands on by the Haze. He's phenomenal.

Oh yeah, John Schooley is good, too (former guitarist of the Revelators and the Hard Feelings).

"Go read a book and flunk a test." -Iggy

• June 20, 2013 4:45 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

in Europe too we do have lots of and very good!! 
      so don´t forget King Automatic, the Reverend Beat-Man or Urban Junior and a bunch more.. 
      actually if you start a search-members for "one man band" here in the GaragePunkHideout,  you´ll find, beside of fans, lots of interesting one man bands! Check this out!

• June 19, 2013 7:39 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Bob Log III, Fuzz Solow, Reverend Deadeye, Haunted George, The Slow Poisoner...I remember a 2 cd comp out some yrs back called 'Attack of the One Man Bands' that might have a few good uns on it.

• June 19, 2013 5:32 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hmmmmm......Margaret Dollrod , King Louie , Bloodshot Bill , No Bunny , Homer Henderson , kind of obvious suggestions , I know....... But , you could play me , too , that's not so obvious. I've been doing this for almost 30 years....... Contact me at my page , please , if you're interested.   John.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel