Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves The Lounge
  • Topic: Comic Book Films: Love 'em Or Hate 'em?

Back To Topics
    (1 rate)
    • June 17, 2011 11:52 AM CDT
    • Untitled

Wanted to start up this discussion because there has been so many to hit the big screens, and I was curious on what your thoughts were on certain ones. Some you may love, some you may hate, what you would have done differently if you were the director. As a comic book fan from the '70's and early '80's, I must admit I really have liked many of them because it is interesting to see these characters brought to life. Even if I wasn't necessarily into some of the series, it was cool to see the adaptations. But not all were "amazing", and instead of me going down the list of all the ones I didn't like or really dug, I'd rather see what you guys think and comment on that...As of this posting, I read two reviews for "Green Lantern", and they both were bad. That's not going to stop me from going to see it, because hell, I have loved movies that critics hated! The last comic book film I saw was "Thor", and I did like it. Of course, I liked Thor comics as a kid, so I liked the way his history translated over into celluloid. Which brings up another question-If you liked a particular superhero, did it annoy you if the screenwriters decided to change their origin? Or was it a good idea? And are you more partial to Marvel or DC? Plus, I'd rather keep this discussion grounded in comic book films from the '90's to the present, and leave the '80's and before behind. (Yes, I know you all loved "Howard the Duck", I mean, who didn't? Ha ha) And I'd also like to keep TV series out of this as well (Although if you're making a point about a film and need to reference a series, go for it.)

• April 21, 2013 3:40 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hey Joey,

I just found all of that Alan Moore film (I think)- (32:26)

Jimmy's End - Alan Moore & Mitch Jenkins

Haven't seen it yet. Lemme know what'cha think.

• March 9, 2013 11:57 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

The ones I saw , years later ,did'nt have the flow at all. I think they just got permission to do them for the video market , because they were SO bad.....I saw a couple on You Tube that looked good , by comparison. I also saw a couple of Courageous Cat cartoons , I see what you mean. The early 70's saw Saturday Morning Cartoons on the wane (Especially NBC. "Partridge Family , 2200 AD" , meaning the live - action Partridges were DEAD.), but , that was our culture. I was always up by 7:00 to see "The Bugs Bunny Road Runner Hour" , then whatever newer ones were on , after that.

• March 9, 2013 10:05 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I recall seeing some Beetle Baily and Snuffy Smith during the early 70s as well but that was on network Saturday Morning which probably means they were new.  They were kind of stiff trying to keep a sixties look, but didn't have the flow. 

• March 9, 2013 7:57 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Rockin' Rod , That's right , Bob Kane was involved with "The Courageous Cat". I keep telling myself to see if it's on You Tube.....Then , I forget. Sylvain Sylvain told me that he , Johnny Thunders and Billy Murcia used to watch "Courageous Cat" re-runs  in the afternoon , and , that's how they came to cover the theme song , just playing along to it on the TV , at first.

Yeah ,"The Bat" was a silent. I have a copy , but , I think
       I've only watched it , once. The Joker was directly copped from Conrad Veidt in "The Man Who Laughs" , but, that's common knowledge.  Some things like "Bat Fink" , that I remember from childhood , turn out to be awful. I DON'T MIND SOME BADLY - ANIMATED PERIOD PIECES IF THEY WERE OTHERWISE GOOD ("Wait Til Your Father Gets Home " is bad animation , even by 70's HB standards , but , it was very ambitious , in terms of bringing cartoons back to prime time , where The Flintstones and The Jetsons were spawned in the first place.), but , I FOUND A TAPE WITH SOME COOL MCCOOL , BEETLE BAILEY , AND SNUFFY SMIFF  cartoons. They stunk.  But , they could have been made , later. They looked REALLY rough , compared to how I remembered them. Nothin' to do with anything , but Snuffy Smiff had a great Leadbelly - esque theme song.

Rockin Rod Strychnine said:

I've heard that too about "The Bat".  A silent I believe?  It's listed in almost everything that has been written ablout the formation of Batman.

I never heard of Batfink until two years ago on facebook, when someone posted a still picture of him, but I've caught up on youtube.  I don't think it's very good.  Courageous Cat is much better.  I watched that back in the early 70s in reruns but have only seen it again, also thanks to youtube.  Bob Kane was actually involved in the Courageous Cat show which meant some quality control.

John Battles said:

YEAH , THE BATMAN SERIALS WERE MADE DURING WWII , SO J.CARROLL NAISH DOES A VERY UNCONVINCING IMPERSONATION OF A JAPANESE SABOTEUR....HE LATER BRAGGED ABOUT HOW GOOD HIS PERFORMANCE WAS......uh , not really. I found a copy of "The Bat" ,maybe before Burton's "Batman"came out....It was generally BELIEVED , but not proven , to have inspired Bob Kane to create Batman. The "Batwoman" movie is pretty silly. Rhino put it out under it's original title. I forget when , I found my copy used. In the mid to late 80's commercial VHS movies ran from $30 to $80. I know that's hard to imagine , now....I DON'T THINK I EVEN DID BUY A COMMERCIAL VHS RELEASE
       until around the time of the "Batman" movie (Not THEE BATMAN MOVIE OF '66.).

OH , THERE WAS A CARTOON SHOW CALLED "BATFINK", WHICH I LOVED AS A KID ,  ABOUT A SUPERHERO THAT LOOKED LIKE A MOUSEY BAT , AND WORE TIGHTS AND A CAPE. HIS SIDEKICK WAS CALLED "KARATE" AND HIS ARCH ENEMY WAS "HUGO A- GO - GO". LIKE A FOOL , I BOUGHT THE DVD BOX SET. IT'S PRETTY BAD. AT LEAST , I DID'NT SPEND TOOO MUCH ON IT....THERE WAS ANOTHER CARTOON CALLED "THE COURAGEOUS CAT", ABOUT A BATMAN  - TYPE SUPERHEROTHAT WAS ACTUALLY A CAT. IT HAD A GREAT CRIME JAZZ THEME SONG , WHICH THE NEW YORK DOLLS COVERED , AND JOHNNY THUNDERS KEPT IN HIS SET FOR YEARS. I DON'T THINKI EVER SAW THE SHOW , THOUGH.....
      Joey Fuckup said:

I've never seen any of those "Batman" rip-offs you speak of, John, but I have heard of that "Batwoman" film, and have always wanted to see it. I think it was regarded as one of those "lost" cult classics from the '60's drive-in scene. I think it was first released on VHS back when Tim Burton's "Batman" film became a phenomenon. I remember at the time "The Bat" serials were also released along with the '40's (?) "Batman & Robin" cliffhanger series.

John Battles said:

By the way , Joey , congratulations on 200 REPLIES.

Yeah , the only way you can get a lot of those weird movies is thru the private DVD trade or at memorabila shows/conventions. Has anybody ever seen any of the "Batman" ripoffs on TV , like Captain Nice or Super President   . They were on TV in or around 1966 , BUT , DID'NT LAST.....     Remember "The Wild World of Batwoman" (aka "She Was a Hippie Vampire")? Another cash- in attempt?  Mexico's "Bat - Chica" (Chica Murcielago?) was arguably better , and far enough away from a lawsuit.

Joey Fuckup said:

Speaking of a Spiderman/Avengers cross-over, John, there has been fan interest in seeing a film where it does happen. Avi Arad hasn't shot the idea down completely, but has said that they have a pretty clear path on the Avengers franchise and how it will fit in with other Marvel projects, and Spiderman has plenty of his own stories and will more than likely be isoloted from any crossovers.

John Battles said:

There was a comic book in which Spiderman was approached to possibly join The Avengers. Spidey was new on the scene , but the more seasoned pros were understandably impressed. He told them to get bent.  But with all the changes and collaborations you see , now , who knows? I was disappointed when Willem Dafoe played Green Goblin , and they put SO MANY APPLIANCES on his face , when all he needed was a false nose and some green greasepaint ,and his ol' reptile face would have been more than ready.

Joey Fuckup said:

Exactly, Rod, Sony took a gamble while they still had the license on Spiderman. With Sam Raimi (then Toby McGuire) aborting a fourth film, someone at Sony/Columbia figured they could re-boot the character since Marvel was doing that anyway. Their dice-rolling has paid off, though, because Marvel has been very impressed with what they've seen on "The Amazing Spiderman", and like I mentioned earlier, a sequel and a Venom film is already being planned. And Avi Arad hasn't ruled out a possibility of having Spiderman crossing over somehow into the Avengers franchise...

Then there's the "why bother when it hasn't been that long ago" argument such as the newest Spider-Man.  They are changing so much that I get the feeling that it's not the same at all, which is kind of what the creators are going for but why so soon?  Because Sony(?) will lose their license on the character in a few more years and not get to renew if they don't jump on it now.

• March 9, 2013 12:48 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I've heard that too about "The Bat".  A silent I believe?  It's listed in almost everything that has been written ablout the formation of Batman.

I never heard of Batfink until two years ago on facebook, when someone posted a still picture of him, but I've caught up on youtube.  I don't think it's very good.  Courageous Cat is much better.  I watched that back in the early 70s in reruns but have only seen it again, also thanks to youtube.  Bob Kane was actually involved in the Courageous Cat show which meant some quality control.

John Battles said:

YEAH , THE BATMAN SERIALS WERE MADE DURING WWII , SO J.CARROLL NAISH DOES A VERY UNCONVINCING IMPERSONATION OF A JAPANESE SABOTEUR....HE LATER BRAGGED ABOUT HOW GOOD HIS PERFORMANCE WAS......uh , not really. I found a copy of "The Bat" ,maybe before Burton's "Batman"came out....It was generally BELIEVED , but not proven , to have inspired Bob Kane to create Batman. The "Batwoman" movie is pretty silly. Rhino put it out under it's original title. I forget when , I found my copy used. In the mid to late 80's commercial VHS movies ran from $30 to $80. I know that's hard to imagine , now....I DON'T THINK I EVEN DID BUY A COMMERCIAL VHS RELEASE

OH , THERE WAS A CARTOON SHOW CALLED "BATFINK", WHICH I LOVED AS A KID ,  ABOUT A SUPERHERO THAT LOOKED LIKE A MOUSEY BAT , AND WORE TIGHTS AND A CAPE. HIS SIDEKICK WAS CALLED "KARATE" AND HIS ARCH ENEMY WAS "HUGO A- GO - GO". LIKE A FOOL , I BOUGHT THE DVD BOX SET. IT'S PRETTY BAD. AT LEAST , I DID'NT SPEND TOOO MUCH ON IT....THERE WAS ANOTHER CARTOON CALLED "THE COURAGEOUS CAT", ABOUT A BATMAN  - TYPE SUPERHEROTHAT WAS ACTUALLY A CAT. IT HAD A GREAT CRIME JAZZ THEME SONG , WHICH THE NEW YORK DOLLS COVERED , AND JOHNNY THUNDERS KEPT IN HIS SET FOR YEARS. I DON'T THINKI EVER SAW THE SHOW , THOUGH.....
      Joey Fuckup said:

I've never seen any of those "Batman" rip-offs you speak of, John, but I have heard of that "Batwoman" film, and have always wanted to see it. I think it was regarded as one of those "lost" cult classics from the '60's drive-in scene. I think it was first released on VHS back when Tim Burton's "Batman" film became a phenomenon. I remember at the time "The Bat" serials were also released along with the '40's (?) "Batman & Robin" cliffhanger series.

John Battles said:

Yeah , the only way you can get a lot of those weird movies is thru the private DVD trade or at memorabila shows/conventions. Has anybody ever seen any of the "Batman" ripoffs on TV , like Captain Nice or Super President   . They were on TV in or around 1966 , BUT , DID'NT LAST.....     Remember "The Wild World of Batwoman" (aka "She Was a Hippie Vampire")? Another cash- in attempt?  Mexico's "Bat - Chica" (Chica Murcielago?) was arguably better , and far enough away from a lawsuit.

Joey Fuckup said:

Speaking of a Spiderman/Avengers cross-over, John, there has been fan interest in seeing a film where it does happen. Avi Arad hasn't shot the idea down completely, but has said that they have a pretty clear path on the Avengers franchise and how it will fit in with other Marvel projects, and Spiderman has plenty of his own stories and will more than likely be isoloted from any crossovers.

John Battles said:

There was a comic book in which Spiderman was approached to possibly join The Avengers. Spidey was new on the scene , but the more seasoned pros were understandably impressed. He told them to get bent.  But with all the changes and collaborations you see , now , who knows? I was disappointed when Willem Dafoe played Green Goblin , and they put SO MANY APPLIANCES on his face , when all he needed was a false nose and some green greasepaint ,and his ol' reptile face would have been more than ready.

Joey Fuckup said:

Exactly, Rod, Sony took a gamble while they still had the license on Spiderman. With Sam Raimi (then Toby McGuire) aborting a fourth film, someone at Sony/Columbia figured they could re-boot the character since Marvel was doing that anyway. Their dice-rolling has paid off, though, because Marvel has been very impressed with what they've seen on "The Amazing Spiderman", and like I mentioned earlier, a sequel and a Venom film is already being planned. And Avi Arad hasn't ruled out a possibility of having Spiderman crossing over somehow into the Avengers franchise...

Then there's the "why bother when it hasn't been that long ago" argument such as the newest Spider-Man.  They are changing so much that I get the feeling that it's not the same at all, which is kind of what the creators are going for but why so soon?  Because Sony(?) will lose their license on the character in a few more years and not get to renew if they don't jump on it now.

• March 8, 2013 10:03 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Joey Fuckup said:

John Battles said:

Joey Fuckup said:

John Battles said:

Joey Fuckup said:

• March 7, 2013 4:46 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I'm watching Arrow and I do enjoy it.  It could be better in keeping secrets but over all, I just find it refreshing in comparison to what ABC and CBS have to offer.  It's all soap operas and CSI's and what ever else falls into that catagory.  I miss the cop and detective shows of the 60s and 70s.  I think Arrow kind of brings that back.

Joey Fuckup said:

By the way, is anyone watching "Arrow" on the CW? I gave it a shot, but I just couldn't latch on to it. It wasn't horrible, but I felt that some of the plots were wrapped up too quickly on each episode, therefore sacrificing the realism. There were serial-type plot threads that continued throughout the series, but others were just written rather sloppily, I thought. I know I said I wanted to keep this thread grounded on films, not TV shows, but it was my understanding that this Green Arrow series would be grounded in the "new" DC universe as the Nolan-directed "Dark Knight" trilogy and the new Superman film coming. "Arrow" doesn't come nowhere near the depth of writing as what Nolan has done/doing.

• March 7, 2013 12:14 PM CST
    • Untitled

By the way, is anyone watching "Arrow" on the CW? I gave it a shot, but I just couldn't latch on to it. It wasn't horrible, but I felt that some of the plots were wrapped up too quickly on each episode, therefore sacrificing the realism. There were serial-type plot threads that continued throughout the series, but others were just written rather sloppily, I thought. I know I said I wanted to keep this thread grounded on films, not TV shows, but it was my understanding that this Green Arrow series would be grounded in the "new" DC universe as the Nolan-directed "Dark Knight" trilogy and the new Superman film coming. "Arrow" doesn't come nowhere near the depth of writing as what Nolan has done/doing.

• March 7, 2013 12:09 PM CST
    • Untitled

John Battles said:

Joey Fuckup said:

John Battles said:

Joey Fuckup said:

• March 6, 2013 9:56 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Joey Fuckup said:

John Battles said:

Joey Fuckup said:

• February 11, 2013 11:29 AM CST
    • Untitled

John Battles said:

Joey Fuckup said:

• February 11, 2013 11:26 AM CST
    • Untitled

Ugh, yeah, I saw that Captain America flick, and if I remember correctly, it only received distribution to movie theaters overseas. I never did get to see that Fantastic Four mess you speak of, although I have seen some stills, and I think the only way you can see the film itself is by picking up a bootleg copy at comic-cons. This was all shortly after that ultra-sucky Punisher film starring Dolph Lundgren was hitting the cable networks...

John Battles said:

Before the maegabucks blockbuster movies , there was a for shit Captain America pic made in '93 , no distribution. Roger Corman is credited with the similarly crappy Fantastic Four feature made around the same time.....Both are actually pretty funny , if slow - moving. The Red Skull in the '93 pic is a lot scarier.....They should have cast , whatshisname , "Red" from "The 70's Show". He would've been perfect.

• February 10, 2013 11:58 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Joey Fuckup said:

• February 10, 2013 11:51 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Before the maegabucks blockbuster movies , there was a for shit Captain America pic made in '93 , no distribution. Roger Corman is credited with the similarly crappy Fantastic Four feature made around the same time.....Both are actually pretty funny , if slow - moving. The Red Skull in the '93 pic is a lot scarier.....They should have cast , whatshisname , "Red" from "The 70's Show". He would've been perfect.

• January 26, 2013 9:32 AM CST
    • Untitled

Fuck, like we need any more tension with the Middle East....

dave said:

Hey Joey,

[slightly off-topic] Check this out-

Assange says the upcoming Dreamworks (Spielberg) film on Wikileaks is designed to fan the flames of a war against Iran bit.ly/WnHfSP

Any thoughts?

• January 24, 2013 12:21 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hey Joey,

[slightly off-topic] Check this out-

Assange says the upcoming Dreamworks (Spielberg) film on Wikileaks is designed to fan the flames of a war against Iran bit.ly/WnHfSP

Any thoughts?

• January 24, 2013 10:59 AM CST
    • Untitled

Looks cool...I've never seen the Tintin movie, neither, and I'm suprised Spielberg didn't try to do it live action...

dave said:

I didn't see Spielberg's Tintin movie, but I love the comics. However, I just became aware of a 90s cartoon version of Tintin. What do you think?

Tintin - The Secret Of The Unicorn - (Part 1/4)

I've just seen a few minutes of it, but my take is that it's not too shab-bay. It won't replace the comic-book, but I like some touches like the panels.

• January 23, 2013 5:04 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I didn't see Spielberg's Tintin movie, but I love the comics. However, I just became aware of a 90s cartoon version of Tintin. What do you think?

Tintin - The Secret Of The Unicorn - (Part 1/4)

I've just seen a few minutes of it, but my take is that it's not too shab-bay. It won't replace the comic-book, but I like some touches like the panels.

• January 17, 2013 12:50 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Nah, havent' seen the Watchmen 'cause it didn't have the Space Squid in it. Heard it wasn't bad aside from that. V For Vendetta kicked ass on film, despite a few small changes, and Moore's disavowal of it. Still need to read the Swamp Thing saga. The only thing I couldn't get into was Moore's novel. Maybe in a few years... If you like symbols and mythology you should check out his Promethea, wow!

Joey Fuckup said:

Thanks for this! I really like Alan Moore, especially his work on his "Swamp Thing" run. I keep telling myself that I need to buy "The Watchmen" graphic novel, although I did pick up the film version about 6 months ago, and still haven't watched it! Have you seen it?

dave said:

Hey Joey,

I already posted this under comic-watch, but this may interest you.

Alan Moore: why I turned my back on Hollywood

Now he has made a low-budget film in his beloved home town, Northampton

Watch the trailer Here

• January 17, 2013 12:17 PM CST
    • Untitled

Thanks for this! I really like Alan Moore, especially his work on his "Swamp Thing" run. I keep telling myself that I need to buy "The Watchmen" graphic novel, although I did pick up the film version about 6 months ago, and still haven't watched it! Have you seen it?

dave said:

Hey Joey,

I already posted this under comic-watch, but this may interest you.

Alan Moore: why I turned my back on Hollywood

Now he has made a low-budget film in his beloved home town, Northampton

Watch the trailer Here

• December 14, 2012 6:27 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

.........i saw a little bit of the Green Hornet MOVIE ( THE RECENT ONE , WHICH , I TRUST , FLOPPED. Not the one culled from TV episodes to cash in on Bruce Lee's posthumous popularity.), A LITTLE WAS ALL I NEEDED. I did'nt bother with The Spirit MOVIE , FIGURING IT'D BE AS BAD , OR WORSE. On that note , I'd still love to see a LLOYD LLEWELLYN movie. Dan Clowes said he had some offers , but all by shysters and clueless fucks , like MTV , who wanted to cast somebody from The Pet Shop Boys as Lloyd's partner , Ernie , for a 1/2 hour series. At least , FINALLY , he was able to do Ghost World and Art School Confidential.

The latter does'nt have a very good rep , I liked it fine , but it's only occasionally hilarious ( The male model , anyone?) , whereas Ghost world is frequently hilarious.....Tho' I felt just like Steve Buscemi at the sports bar when I saw Dave "Honeyboy" Edwards , only the last of the real Bluesmen in one of his last shows , at the Ponderosa Stomp , and all these yuppies would NOT put a sock in it. These were the same types who overflowed the joint , the year before , because word got out that Bonnie Tyler might join Wanda Jackson onstage (She did'nt , mercifullly.). Fortunately , they left just in time for Roy Loney and Cyril Jordan's set. My friends and I were forced into a corner of the second balcony during Wanda's set. If I'd had to stay there for Roy and Cyril , HULK SMASH !!!!! That's what THAT has to do with comic books.

• September 18, 2012 11:27 AM CDT
    • Untitled

I had an extremely hard time sitting through that Ghost Rider sequel. I thought it was horrible, Cage's acting was just a little too over the top, and it didn't feel connected at all to the first film. I didn't even like the style that the director(s?) used, especially the graphic novel imagery that was utilized to explain certain plot points. I know that the director of that first film (which I liked) was credited as being a producer, but it doesn't seem like he had much input, judging by this "waste of a Saturday night".

Yeah, those are the Mole Men.  Yeah, that would be cool movie.  Again we have to hope that the rights expire with whoever is holding them now.  I think this Marvel/Disney collaboration has been pretty good so far.

I finally saw that second Ghost Rider and it really wasn't very good I thought.  There was a character named Carrigan (played by an actor named Johnny Whittiker(?)) that looked more like Johnny Blaze the way I remember him.  Flowing blond hair and what not.  Nickolas Cage is just all wrong but I guess it was his idea to try and get the character on screen if I remember that correctly.

Joey Fuckup said:

Chris Pine would be perfect, Rod! On another note, it would be interesting to see the FF cross over to an Avengers film. The cover of "Fantastic Four" #1 with the creature coming up out of the streets of NY would be cool to see on the big screen, with the inclusion of that villain they clashed with that had hordes of those little green guys that lived underground. And a Hulk/Thing battle would be awesome!

Yeah, I liked the first two movies but never cared for the casting except Michael Chikilis as the Thing.  the other three never struck me as who they were, besides the playfulness of Johnny and Ben that you mention.  Personally I'd like to see Chris Pine (the new Captain Kirk) as Johnny Storm.

Joey Fuckup said:

Those choices weren't bad at all, and I could see the possibilities of a darker, edgier film than the previous ones. I must admit, though, I did enjoy the other FF films because they kept that innocent goofiness that you had in the comics (Johnny's spats with Ben Grimm, for example). If I remember right, the second film was to be a springboard for a Silver Surfer project, granted if it was a success at the box office, which it apprently wasn't.

I've been letting this go through my brain the last few weeks:a revamped Fantastic Four cast and I guess others do the same.  Don't know this website too well, but one of their members was on the same wavelength when it came to Mr. Fantastic, Josh Brolin http://www.comicbookmovie.com/news/?a=55202  The guy got critics for his choice but I feel that's how old and mature he's supposed to be.  Picture of Mr. Fantastic is kind of off but if you ever come across a 70s picture of the hero, you'd think it was a good choice.

• September 14, 2012 1:17 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Yeah, those are the Mole Men.  Yeah, that would be cool movie.  Again we have to hope that the rights expire with whoever is holding them now.  I think this Marvel/Disney collaboration has been pretty good so far.

I finally saw that second Ghost Rider and it really wasn't very good I thought.  There was a character named Carrigan (played by an actor named Johnny Whittiker(?)) that looked more like Johnny Blaze the way I remember him.  Flowing blond hair and what not.  Nickolas Cage is just all wrong but I guess it was his idea to try and get the character on screen if I remember that correctly.

Joey Fuckup said:

Chris Pine would be perfect, Rod! On another note, it would be interesting to see the FF cross over to an Avengers film. The cover of "Fantastic Four" #1 with the creature coming up out of the streets of NY would be cool to see on the big screen, with the inclusion of that villain they clashed with that had hordes of those little green guys that lived underground. And a Hulk/Thing battle would be awesome!

Yeah, I liked the first two movies but never cared for the casting except Michael Chikilis as the Thing.  the other three never struck me as who they were, besides the playfulness of Johnny and Ben that you mention.  Personally I'd like to see Chris Pine (the new Captain Kirk) as Johnny Storm.

Joey Fuckup said:

Those choices weren't bad at all, and I could see the possibilities of a darker, edgier film than the previous ones. I must admit, though, I did enjoy the other FF films because they kept that innocent goofiness that you had in the comics (Johnny's spats with Ben Grimm, for example). If I remember right, the second film was to be a springboard for a Silver Surfer project, granted if it was a success at the box office, which it apprently wasn't.

I've been letting this go through my brain the last few weeks:a revamped Fantastic Four cast and I guess others do the same.  Don't know this website too well, but one of their members was on the same wavelength when it came to Mr. Fantastic, Josh Brolin http://www.comicbookmovie.com/news/?a=55202  The guy got critics for his choice but I feel that's how old and mature he's supposed to be.  Picture of Mr. Fantastic is kind of off but if you ever come across a 70s picture of the hero, you'd think it was a good choice.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel