Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Garage Rock for Kids

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • August 8, 2011 2:37 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Thanks to you amazing folks, I now have been tipped off to some amazing Kid a go go tv shows! I was wondering if anyone else had any suggestions or favorites on garage rock tv shows or albums for children. My daughter and I LOVE Ghoul a Go Go, and Yo Gabba Gabba of course.
    • October 29, 2012 1:49 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Have to say, i really enjoy this cartoon and i like the intro music too
      (by a guy called Michel Dax - but no idea who he is)

the english version is a terrible disco/electronic version of this song

• October 29, 2012 1:32 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hier Simple Plan for Scooby Doo

• October 8, 2011 3:30 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Well.....Some people might be considerably younger. Their whole album and most of their 45s still sound great.

Luke Greenwood said:

i don't believe there is no Banana Splits in this thread 

• October 6, 2011 5:30 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        1 0

Untitled

I remember watching this show when I was a little kid. It was probably more aimed at the teen demographic than young kids but I watched it anyways. In retrospect, the theme reminds me a bit of a Stooges jam with a little bit of a Mudhoney thing, ahhh, the early 90s.

http://youtu.be/pH50ZF9QPmQ

• October 5, 2011 3:33 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

YES ! That's the only reason I ever watched that show (Unless I was babysitting and the Heroin vibe of "Teletubbies" got to be too much.)...When I met Lux, in '94 , I told him about "Kiddie - A - Go Go" , and he absolutely loved the idea of a TV show with little kids dancing to Rock'n'Roll. A few years later , The Cramps graciously consented to an interview on "Chic - A - Go Go". It's on You Tube.

Ivan Andreini said:
      Sponge Lux Interior singing 'The underwater sun'!
    • October 5, 2011 11:07 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Sponge Lux Interior singing 'The underwater sun'!
    • October 4, 2011 8:14 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Andrew , how could you not tell 'em , Kiddie -a -Go Go was the inpiration for Chic-A - Go - Go , which was the inspiration for Ghoul - A - Go - Go and Pancake Mountain. There are zillions of clips under "chic a go go " on You Tube , and you should be able to order DVDs if you like it. Go to www.roctober.com  for info on the program.
    • October 4, 2011 4:01 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Out of all the shows here at Garage Punk dot com I've found that Bom Bom Lulu  on The Rock 'n' Roll Rampage Radio Show delivers the highest quantity of kick arse kid friendly songs.

Also there's a few good kid friendly songs on the Darling Pet Munkee ep (temporarily free to download due to BoingBoing's interest) - songs inspired by the old ads in comic books.
    • September 7, 2011 2:14 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

WOW!!

Mike said:

Here is the Spongebob episode with Lux.

• September 7, 2011 2:17 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

i don't believe there is no Banana Splits in this thread 

• September 6, 2011 10:36 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Here is the Spongebob episode with Lux.

• September 6, 2011 5:45 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Great cover on that Bloodshot comp! Can be got here: The Bottle Let Me Down

• September 6, 2011 5:29 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Bloodshot put out a kids comp....nine years ago? Before my little rocker was born...and I loved it. It had a great version of "Red Red Robin" on it. Great thread, my kids can come home from the playground listening to some crap.
    • August 28, 2011 8:02 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        1 0

Untitled

Check out Chicagogo.  It's a Chicago-based kids' show.  Past guests have included Hunx & His Punx, Nobunny, Jonny & the Limelites.

http://www.youtube.com/user/chicagogo

• August 15, 2011 5:26 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Wow didn't know that, gotta find that episode.

Cherry Cannoli said:

From Wikipedia: "In 2002 Lux Interior performed the voice of a character on SpongeBob SquarePants - the lead singer of an all-bird rock band called the Bird Brains.[7] SpongeBob voice Tom Kenny attended his memorial ceremony."

• August 12, 2011 10:57 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Anyone living in the NY/NJ area in the 70's and 80's would know about the Uncle Floyd Show. I was really young and this is only a vague memory... I mean I just remember a kookie old guy in flannel suit and talking to puppets, but he had a number of musical guests like the Ramones, Chubby Checker, Cyndi Lauper and a bunch of others I can't remember in the least and can only hear rumor of on the internet. And also unfortunately, most of the band appearances are unavailable on video. I also read that the humor (I can't remember back to when I was 3!) was aimed more towards adults rather than being purely a kids show, kinda like the original Pee Wee Herman show.

Another show that's supposedly a kids show but gained an adult following is Do Not Adjust Your Set where a number of Monty Python members got their start. Oddly enough I had never seen it until I came to Japan! The show regularly featured the Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band, here's a vid where they cover the Monster Mash:

• August 12, 2011 10:09 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Before the days of the comp (as we know it today) compainies like K-tel were putting out children music compilations that had some decidingly garage punk tunes and looking back obviously shaped my love of garage/surf punk - and all that stuff here.  I wish I still had these lps; they often had songs like Itsy Bitsy Teenie Weenie...., Chewing Gum Lose its Flavor, With Doctor, Purple People Eater (throw in rockabilly).  They were classics, I grew up cherising them, and the best match I can think of for children - maybe someone who knows the albums can post their names.
    • August 11, 2011 11:09 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I have purchased the Groovie Goolies DVDs and can't wait to watch them with my daughter. Just in time for Halloween.  From Wikipedia: "In 2002 Lux Interior performed the voice of a character on SpongeBob SquarePants - the lead singer of an all-bird rock band called the Bird Brains.[7] SpongeBob voice Tom Kenny attended his memorial ceremony."

ghoula gogo said:
      hello, this episode CHIC A GO-GO dance is great for children, the program is fun, but you like it
    • August 11, 2011 10:37 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

hello, this episode CHIC A GO-GO dance is great for children, the program is fun, but you like it
    • August 11, 2011 6:33 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Wasn't Lux Interior in a Spongebob --- his neighbour was one of the artists ????
    • August 11, 2011 2:48 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Nick J

r has a bunch of great music for kids on shows and in between shows too. I saw this in between shows a while ago but just now found it on Youtube. Jack's big music show is another great show focusing on music. There is a great episode with Andrew bird singing in it, The characters also do funny things like play speed polka and swing jazz. when I was a kid i watched re runs of The Munsters and Gilligans island, I actually remember seeing the garage acts in some episodes. I always loved the theme to the Munsters. Don't forget the seek out the Halloween epsiode of Spongebob Squarepants where the ghastly ones play surf tunes! I actually found a CD single with all the tunes from that show. The ghastly ones also gave away the little snippets they played for scene changes on their website  a few years ago. So many  great syles of music have appeared on kids shows, wish I could find them all.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel