Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: "politically incorrect" songs

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • August 12, 2011 6:19 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

GG Allin was such...an awesome creep.
    • August 12, 2011 5:50 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Geeze, how about anything by the Devil Dogs!!

"Go read a book and flunk a test." -Iggy

• August 12, 2011 4:39 PM CDT
    • Untitled

To be honest though to get the Guardian bitching about a band or music genre you don't even need to sing about rapists or spastics. All you need to do is form a band that doesn't for whatever reason have any ethnic minorities in it. No kidding, they ran a story a few months ago claiming the subtle racism of British indie rock.

I think just about anything comes out of Mark's mouth is un PC, it's Guttermouth's main draw.

• August 12, 2011 4:26 PM CDT
    • Untitled

Devo's Mongoloid

Sex Pistol's Bodies

• August 12, 2011 3:47 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Well... anything by GG Allin. This video is very tame, compared to what normally goes on at one of his shows.

• August 12, 2011 1:51 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

The Dead Milkmen's "Taking Retards To The Zoo" is one of my favorite completely politically incorrect without ever being vulgar songs.
    • September 2, 2013 10:42 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

John Battles said:

eddie , I like this song , but, why is it politically incorrect?
       Did the Lead Singer say something "Naughty" that's buried under all the other singers' voices?

A lot of Doo Wop groups did do X- Rated versions of songs that were commercially recorded.
      eddie said:

Because it's insensitive. It uses a variation of the "Oriental riff," the line "You lookee like a Japanese Sandman" is spoken in a stereotypical faux-Asian voice, and the phrase "rang tang ding dong rackee sackee" is a mockery of how Asian languages sound to Westerners.

• September 12, 2013 3:43 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        2 0

Untitled

Ken Eppstein said:
      The Dead Milkmen's "Taking Retards To The Zoo" is one of my favorite completely politically incorrect without ever being vulgar songs.

"A Van Full of Retards" by Anal Cunt is worse!

• October 26, 2013 8:49 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Two song I hate myself for liking to sing:

"N-word Rich" by the Oblivians

"P*ssy Stank" by Andre Williams

Both songs are really catchy and are great groovers, but being African-American male who really loves women, I just can't be singing those songs while walking down the street.     

• October 28, 2013 6:28 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I just thought of another Un-PC garage rock ditty:

"Come into My Mouth" by the Headcoatees.

I could never look at Holly Golightly the same after hearing that record!

The flip side "Fish Pie" is a pre-war blues style double entendre number.  Good stuff. If I recall correctly, it came out on Sympathy for the Record Industry (SFTRI) in the mid-90's.

• October 28, 2013 7:26 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Here's one , the New Orleans Jangle Punk / Garage band (Who did a very good set , recently at the Ponderosa Stomp.)

recorded "Rebecca Rodifer" 1n 1967 , a song about a back - alley abortion , a good 10 years before The Sex Pistols did "Bodies".....possibly a bit more graphic , too. They lifted the chorus from The Everly Bros.'  "Gone , Gone , Gone " , too. Look it up on You Tube.

• January 7, 2014 2:56 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I'll pre-apologize for this, but since I've been a fan for 25 years, I have to mention the Dwarves:

"Old enough to bleed, old enough to breed?
      Old enough to pee then she's old enough for me!"
      >Let's Fuck, Blood, Guts And Pussy (1990)

A trifecta of political incorrectness: lyrics, song title and album title

Actually, you could pull any song randomly from their catalog and probably say the same thing.

• January 8, 2014 12:23 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Johnny Lurg - AS you know , there were a lot of faux - Asian Novelty songs......Some potentially less offensive that others. Almost the sole province of R'n'B....."Ling Ting Tong" by The Five Keys , arguably the best , does'nt seem particularly offensive. Great Asian instrumentation , but no racial impersonations.

The song , to me , always seemed to be about an Opium den (References to kicking the gong around , ala Cab Calloway.) , admittedly ,a negative stereotype. The ultra catchy chorus "Ling Ting Tong , sing this song - Tai smoke'um boon dai yea , Tai smokeum boo.". It always sounded like a thinly veiled drug reference - "I smoke 'um Buddha ( Opium) and I smoke'um Boo (Pot) !". In fact , that's pretty much how The Human Beings  said it on their criminally uncomped version. Wolfman Jack even did a version , with a spoken intro about "A funky , groovy lookin' cat named Ling Ting Tong.....HE HAD THESE FUNNY CIGARETTES , WE'LL I TRIED ONE .....( Joint - sucking noise.) I SAID - TAI SMOKE'UM BOON DAI YEA ! TAI SMOKE 'UM BOO !".

I saw The Five Keys a few years ago. They claimed the Chinese musicians on the record taught them the chorus , saying it meant , in Mandarin , "The fragrance of the flowers. The sound of the music." UH - HUH.

• February 6, 2014 10:56 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Fun topic! Here's some I thought of:

Ramones - Loudmouth, 53rd & 3rd or Today your Love, Tomorrow the World.

Oingo Boingo - Little Girls

Fats Domino - Just Like a Woman

• February 7, 2014 1:40 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

YEAH , BOY. AS MUCH AS WE'VE TALKED ABOUT THE RAMONES , WE'VE SCARCELY TOUCHED ON THEIR SPORADIC POLITICAL INCORRECTNESS....At least , until "too tough to die" , when Johnny seemed to be losing the battle......

I was once told "Suzi is a Headbanger " was un - pc because a "Headbanger" is upposed to mean someone who gives great head   I neve r heard the term used that way , before or since.

"Glad to see you Go "was aimed at Dee Dee's ex GF , CONNIE , WHO SLASHED HIS ASS WITH A BROKEN BEER BOTTLE ,  and had almost taken Arthur Kane's thumb off wheN she dated him.      "GET ThE GLORY , LIKe cHARLES MANSON". It was a fantasy , seemingly shared by the whole band , of putting her out. She did it to herself , with drugs.    There's so many others......

• February 12, 2014 10:37 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        1 0

Untitled

GG's Bad Habits is one of my favorite songs by him...insane lyrics

Feederz - Jesus is another cool and politically incorrect song

Queers - Fagtown

Angry Samoans, as already mentioned - they have a lot of offensive songs. Easily one of the best punk bands because of it (my opinion of course).

Eater has that song Get Raped...not very pc. 

Dictators got several

Vomit Pigs - Useless Eater

Fang - Destroy the Handicap 

Nobunny - I am A girlfriend

Most FEAR songs

Wire - Mary Is A Dyke 

Some by band name alone: Hitler SS, Nazis From Mars, Child Molesters, Black Randy, Joy Divison, Martin and the Brown Shirts

Then there are all the bands with Nazi facinations: Dead Boys, Stooges, Ramones, .... I think Skrewdriver kinda got into it too?

• February 13, 2014 1:34 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Y'Think Skrewdriver kinda got into it?  They were the leaders of the whole White Power Punk movement in The UK.    But , they began as a Pub - Rock band with no Nazi affiliations. Then they got involved with The National Front. Their Singer , who died a few years ago , was facing a murder charge in the killing of a Black man. I don't know if his guilt or innocence was proven, or not. For their notoriety , and being banned in the US (sOME OF THEIR RECORDS TURN UP AS REISSUES.), their original releases are now fetching big bucks. I saw one for a dollar , once. I was tempted to sell it on eBay , and turn the money over to The Holocaust Museum. These things have a way of biting you on the ass , even if you mean well.

That's not to say they did'nt have some good Rock'n'Roll songs , it's just the lyrical content I could'nt get into. I've known peopel who are'nt Right WIng at all , but , listen to Skrewdriver. Even some BlacK PEOPLE DO. It's not that I'm so PC , I'm for free speech , but , there's a lot of things that irritate me , not always on a political level , and I have the right to not listen to them.

"Bad Habits " was kinda like a Bubblegum song. "Gimme Some Head" IS Bubblegum. Any song that says "Gimme" at least two or three times qualifies. "Gimme Gimme Gimme Some" by The Skunks , then , Sons of Hercules , is an excellent example.

Feedera was some fucked up shit.....IN A GOOD WAY. I know Frank Discussions ex - roommate. Frank never "Stole " Jello's wife.

Eater was a great group. "Get Raped" is rude , indeed , but a band CALLED "The Raped " followed in their wake  , and , reportedly , they were even younger than Eater !!! They had a song about pedophelia , too.

Ah , yes, The Dictators had several . They turned a lot of negative stereotypes on their ear. "Back To Africa" , the title sounds caustic. But , it's about cultural confusion , when a White guy dates a Ghananian (?)  woman. This was a subject almost never touched on in the day , barring the Hot Chocolate / Stories classic "Brother Louie". IN A HUMOROUS WAY , the song attains PC status.

"Master Race Rock" was'nt about bringing back The SS. It was ABOUT BRINGING BACK BURGERS, HOT RODS , HAVING FUN , GETTING SOME EXERCISE , HYGEINE , AND LOVING THE LADIES. LET'S GO !

Just calling themselves "The Dictators" pissed the elders off. Why would proudly Jewish men call themselves that?  Because it's hilarious. It's reversing a stereotype. People thought Jews could'nt be macho , cocky , even arrogant , until they got a load of HANDSOME DICK MANITOBA.

I always thought the infamous line " I knocked 'em dead in Dallas , they did'nt know we were Jews." was a reference to Jack Ruby . mAYBE NOT..........

EVEN TODAY , WHEN YOU SEE HDM IN PERSON , HE SUMMONS MANY NON - BIBLICAL JEWISH HEROES - HENNY YOUNGMAN , LENNY BRUCE , MAX BAER (THE FATHER AND THE SON).   i'M SURE HE'S GLAD TO WEED OUT ANYONE WHO'D SAY HE'S NOT PC , LIKE IT'S A BAD THING......BUT , MOST PEOPLE GET IT. IT'S TOTAL BORSCHT BELT . HANDSOME DICK , SYL SYLVAIN , AND SCANT FEW OTHERS ARE KEEPING IT ALIVE.

NEVER THOUGHT OF "Useless Eater" as un - PC , JUST A REFLECTION OF THE  OVER-INDULGENT LIFESTYLE THAT PUT MIKEY VOMIT INTO AN EARLY GRAVE. I DID'NT KNOW HIM ( I KNEW THEIR DRUMMER), But , I remembe rwhere I was when I heard he'd died.

• February 13, 2014 2:24 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

• February 13, 2014 5:38 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        1 0

Untitled

That's a funny Bluse Brother scene. It's been about a decade since I've seen that moive. 

I was joking about skrewdriver, because they are the most notorious whitepower/bonerhead/nazi....whatever band. I guess adding a "haha" at the end would have made it a more apparent joke rather than a serious question. Their first few singles and first LP are good punk records that are not nazi shit. Once they became a white power band, everybody quit except the singer, Ian Stewart and he got all new band members, kept the name, and started writing shitty songs. I kind of view them as two seperate bands. Two eras at the very least.

"Useless Eater(s)" is what thte nazis called the Jews. I believe it's what the whole song is about. "Hitler would have had e put to sleep" "I need to escape to the U.S.A., get out here and I'll be okay." I guess the song "Slut" is another un-pc song, so they are 2 for 2 on that ep. 

I saw the Dicatators on DFFD tour in Chicago, they were amazing. Since I've seen several shows of Andy Shernoff or Handsome Dick and Ross the Boss...unfortunately I doubt they will ever get together as one band again. Too bad, one of my favourites. I go to Manitobas bar everytime I'm in NYC. Cool Joint. 

• February 13, 2014 3:08 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Matt , I thought about that , but ,I did'nt see a "HA HA" , so , I thought  you might have been saying you's heard about Skrewdriver's rep , but , not in detail.....Some people (Not you.) have it all wrong. I was at Waxtrax Records , one time (If you are or were based in Chicago , I hope you had a chance to go there.). I overheard two guys talking about Skrewdriver. One said "Their stuff is banned....But , there was another band in Texas called The Big Boys . The were sorta White Power , but funny!". HUH?!! I did'nt even bother correcting the moron.  I did lose interest in them when they cancelled every time I went to see them , but everyone knew they were anti - racist ,and had a Gay frontman.

I did'nt know ALL the members in the Chiswick lineup and the neo - nazi lineup of Skrewdriver were different , barring Ian Stewart (That was his name ? Like the sixth Stone? HA HA. WELL ,IT'S A COMMON NAME IN ENGLAND.)   . But , you're right, Two separate bands.

From talking to people who knew Mitey/ Mikey Vomit of The Vomit Pigs , it seemed he had little to no interest in politics , Left or Right OR EVEN DEAD CENTER. wHAT LITTLE INTELLIGIBLE LYRICS THERE ARE to "Useless Eater" , it sounds like he's using himself as a metaphor , eating and drinking and drugging while other people contribute to the population . It sounds like a direct reference to the Holocaust , yes, when you put it that way , but , he still seems to be just talking about himself.

"Slut" was on The Vomit Pigs ep? I just have the re- issue , of course , it's got "Baby's Playing Games" , "Art of The Insane" and "Useless Eater". I think "Slut" is on the Rave-UP compilation. Have'nt listened to it in a  while....

Whether Mikey choked on a hamburger , under the influence of Ludes , or it was something related ,seems unclear.     Oram St. In Dallas (Off Greenville Ave. , which used to be cool.)  was Punk Rock central , still , in the early 80's. A lot of people from the already - defunct Hot Klub DAYS (aND DJ's BEFORE it , which was right around the corner from Greenville and Oram.) lived there , and, of course, Mikey died there , at Bobby Soxx's place. I ran into Bobby a couple of times around there, back then. We were'nt really friendly. It's  not like I had a quarrel with him , really , I was just unimpressed.

Many years later , Darin Lin Wood from 68 Comeback and Fireworks lived there , and further up the road , Jack Starr lived out his last days.

• February 13, 2014 3:13 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I meant to say "Others contributed to the population explosion".......Computer's gone completely whacko.

Excuse the caps.

• February 13, 2014 3:28 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

SWT - One of many great scenes in a still - great flick. I'd argue it gets better with age ! I was here , in Chicago , visiting , when they were shooting teh movie. It was a very exciting time. I went to see Muddy Waters at The Chicagofest , already a major "I'm Not Worthy" , and Belushi and Akyroyd came out and did a short Blues Brothers set before Muddy came out. All for THREE BUCKS !!!!

Henry Gibson was great in this movie, so was Charles Napier as the leader of The Good OL' bOYS. They were portrayed  as bad guys , but , I think the seemingly unlikely inclusion of a Country band was a fond tribute too bands like The Sundowners , who played REAL Country in and around The Loop in THE 70's.

There were a lot of White Southerners who came to Chicago , just as the Blacks did , in the postwar job boom , and by the Late 50's ,they had a pretty healthy C&W scene. I'VE MET some of these guys , they were so cool to talk to.

• February 13, 2014 3:38 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

not gonna talk all day , but , I want you to get the feelin- James Brown.

Forgot to mention , teh great scene where Henry Gibson , as the  Nazi  Party    leader, gets the tip that The Blues Bros. are hiding away at Addison and Clark ....."THAT'S WRIGLEY FIELD!"   " They'd better pray The POLICE get to them before we do !".......

when I saw "Public Enemies"  , I RECOGNIZED the area surrounding Dillinger's GF's apartment as being the underpass at the Addison Train station. When the sickass cops torture Dillinger's old lady, she reveals his hiding place on ADDISON....i WAS JUST WAITING TO SEE THEM DRIVE UP TO WRIGLEY FIELD , and say , "oh , shit.". 

• February 13, 2014 6:36 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

The Dictators fuckin' rule. Bloodbrothers is one of my favourite albums ever. I'd love to see any of them live.
      Matt said:

That's a funny Bluse Brother scene. It's been about a decade since I've seen that moive. 

I was joking about skrewdriver, because they are the most notorious whitepower/bonerhead/nazi....whatever band. I guess adding a "haha" at the end would have made it a more apparent joke rather than a serious question. Their first few singles and first LP are good punk records that are not nazi shit. Once they became a white power band, everybody quit except the singer, Ian Stewart and he got all new band members, kept the name, and started writing shitty songs. I kind of view them as two seperate bands. Two eras at the very least.

"Useless Eater(s)" is what thte nazis called the Jews. I believe it's what the whole song is about. "Hitler would have had e put to sleep" "I need to escape to the U.S.A., get out here and I'll be okay." I guess the song "Slut" is another un-pc song, so they are 2 for 2 on that ep. 

I saw the Dicatators on DFFD tour in Chicago, they were amazing. Since I've seen several shows of Andy Shernoff or Handsome Dick and Ross the Boss...unfortunately I doubt they will ever get together as one band again. Too bad, one of my favourites. I go to Manitobas bar everytime I'm in NYC. Cool Joint. 

• February 14, 2014 12:24 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Connexions , I was lucky enough to see The Dictators several times , the first time being in '90 , before the Punk Revival , when they could only draw about 150 people. But , I saw Dictators NYC ,recently  (Basically The Dictators minus Adny and Scott , and plus Daniel Rey and a new Bass player). They WERE The Dictators. No doubt about it. What that has to do with Political Incorrectness , nothing , except that The Angry Samoans opened.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel