Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: "politically incorrect" songs

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • August 22, 2011 10:19 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

i forget the name of the track, somet like Bam Bam Batty Bye Bye - there's nothing shocking about Jamaicans (in general) hating gay people, lest we forget it was our lot who bashed them so heavily over the heads with that piece of crap The Bible that they knew no different, but Buju Banton getting a children's choir to sing the chorus was a stroke of un PC 'genius".
    • August 21, 2011 8:44 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        1 0

Untitled

My favorite apologists song is "Guilty of Being White" by Minor Threat. Ian Mackaye regrets this song and regretted it even more when Slayer covered it and ended the song with ".... guilty of being right!".
    • August 21, 2011 2:13 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

In Spazz its actually refering to someone being off their tits on drugs and not being in control, not the best comparison to make.

as for the 4skins they werent a racist band but political. they played anti-nazi rallys and, if I remember correctly, the red wedge labour supporting tours.

• August 21, 2011 8:49 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Back in the '60s cowboy singer Rex Allen had a weird hit called "Son Don't Go Near the Indians," It's about a guy who keeps warning his son to avoid the local Native Americans, even though he seems naturally attracted to their ways. Turns out the old man wasn't really a racist, Back when the whites and the Indians "weren't gettin' along" the Indians scalped the guy's first son, so he stole the chief's son to get even. And it turns out the chief's beautiful daughter, who the boy inevitably falls in love with, is HIS SISTER!!!!!!!!! So it's really an anti-incest song.
    • August 21, 2011 8:00 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

There's a lot of tongue-in-cheek politically incorrect songs by Mojo Nixon like "are you drinkin' with me Jesus?" but the best... or worst... would have to be the album Prairie Home Invasion with Jello Biafra!

I also recently came across Ray Stevens and his novelty "Ahab the Arab," really harmless but presses PC envelope by today's standards!

• August 21, 2011 3:58 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

How about ,'Sit on my Face, Stevie Nicks' by The Rotters  and Rites 4 Whites by The Corpse Grinders. Think they would fit the bill.
    • August 20, 2011 4:16 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I agree with Under my Thumb, rolling stones and "Little T and A", also what about "You Can't Do That" the beatles

• August 20, 2011 1:28 AM CDT
    • Untitled

I do remember a song from when I was about 13, by a band called Dave and the Deros called "Nice Legs, Shame About the Face".

What about any song by the 4skins or any white power stuff always pretty racist and offensive

• August 19, 2011 3:41 PM CDT
    • Untitled

Ah I didn't know that, I was wondering what the song was about and thinking it was a bit harsh from a fairly liberal band. But then again Homo-sexual by Angry Samoans isn't all it seems on paper either is it? I mean they aren't singing about hating gays but something else. And Rootin Tootin is definately not about the singer I hope, and so I guess like most punk songs isn't really that controversial either when the people are in on the joke.

Tris Burns said:

good point, well made... maan

the only thing I'd disagree with on this discussion, and no offence is intended, but BODIES is a compassionate song, Lydon wrote it for the girl Pauline who turned up outside his house one day, she was a mentally disabled lass who'd been abandoned, mistreated, ignored and fucked over by the glorious state... a fucking disgrace but not a surprise...

There's a ton of outrageous racist folk music in a lot of Northern UK towns, SEND THE BUGGERS BACK kinda shit...lots of twats blacked up  "for family fun"...

o well
      Tris Burns said:

Andyuzz said:

If we're going down that line then good ol' Chuck 'eye in the sky' Berry  - My ding-a-ling (!)

or Jerry Lee 'marry my infant cousin' Lewis - Great Balls of fire

goodness gracious!

Tris Burns said:

here's two seemingly innocent songs but remember that the guys singing them are fucking paedos

je suis un rock star  - Bill "young stuff" Wyman

Do You Wanna Be In My Gang - "Up The" Gary Glitter

makes me gag just thinking about it

There are literally thousands of anti women songs out there in shit - hop land, to the point of total boredom

My personal fave and I am NOT calling Lemmy a kiddy fiddler,(unlike those two shitheel creeps above) is JAILBAIT by MOTORHEAD. VIBRATOR is a very funny song too...

You know this kinda forum could get folk into some serious trouble ha ha ha 

• August 19, 2011 10:10 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

What does Spazz mean in your country? Just wonderin', 'cause I don't know... Nobody mentioned the Meatmen, so I'll throw that one out there. Oh, and this one's fun:
    • August 18, 2011 7:09 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

oh and lest we forget - check out David Allan Coe - Masturbation Blues, Fuckin' In The Butt etc... most explicit cuntry I ever did hear... bless him...
    • August 18, 2011 4:20 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

good point, well made... maan

the only thing I'd disagree with on this discussion, and no offence is intended, but BODIES is a compassionate song, Lydon wrote it for the girl Pauline who turned up outside his house one day, she was a mentally disabled lass who'd been abandoned, mistreated, ignored and fucked over by the glorious state... a fucking disgrace but not a surprise...

There's a ton of outrageous racist folk music in a lot of Northern UK towns, SEND THE BUGGERS BACK kinda shit...lots of twats blacked up  "for family fun"...

o well
      Tris Burns said:

Andyuzz said:

If we're going down that line then good ol' Chuck 'eye in the sky' Berry  - My ding-a-ling (!)

goodness gracious!

Tris Burns said:

here's two seemingly innocent songs but remember that the guys singing them are fucking paedos

There are literally thousands of anti women songs out there in shit - hop land, to the point of total boredom

My personal fave and I am NOT calling Lemmy a kiddy fiddler,(unlike those two shitheel creeps above) is JAILBAIT by MOTORHEAD. VIBRATOR is a very funny song too...

• August 18, 2011 4:12 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Andyuzz said:

goodness gracious!

Tris Burns said:

• August 16, 2011 8:31 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

• August 16, 2011 7:55 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

This. They're still one of my faves, though!

kopper said:
      Geeze, how about anything by the Devil Dogs!!
    • August 14, 2011 11:14 PM CDT
    • Untitled

Just about anything by The Dwarves.
    • August 13, 2011 8:41 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

The Pork Dukes - Makin' Bacon

First "punk" single I ever bought!

• August 13, 2011 4:01 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Another Devil Dogs song that comes to mind:
    • August 13, 2011 3:22 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

i love songs about ugly chicks, too. here are two of da best!

• August 13, 2011 2:33 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

• August 13, 2011 12:29 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Ona recent episode of The Big Enchilada, I played "Davy, You Upset My Home" by Joe Tex. It's about a guy who's jealous because his girl is really into Davy Crockett. (I think this is from the late '50s when Davy Crockett was a very popular TV show.)

The girl even buys Davy Crockett false teeth because, Joe sings, "I punched her in the mouth last night."

Another line: "I whipped her so until she went insane. And now she wants to buy herself a Davy Crockett brain."

• August 13, 2011 11:41 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

This Jabbers song fits the bill as well as this Angry Samoans tune that by today's standards are certainly offensive!

• August 13, 2011 8:30 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Anything by The Macc Lads, especially the re-write of Bandaids feed the world!

and The Misfits Last Caress of course!

• August 12, 2011 7:39 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

How about "Under My Thumb" by the Rolling Stones?  The singer is bragging about his girlfriend's submissiveness, and the line that really gets me is when he sings, "I can still look at someone else."  Yeah, I know it's a mild example, but it's the one that stands out in my mind.

Oh, wait, I just thought of a far more horrible example..."Little Bit of Whore" by Johnny Thunders when he briefly worked with Wayne Kramer.  It's a great rock'n'roll song, but the lyrics can NEVER be heard in mixed company.

• August 12, 2011 7:32 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Touche!!!

Val C said:
      GG Allin was such...an awesome creep.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel