Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: "politically incorrect" songs

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • April 13, 2013 7:33 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I didn't realize there was even a censored version of "Some Girls." I'm curious as to what they changed the offending lyrics to.

• April 1, 2013 5:56 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Who woulda though Rap could stoop so low, haha

• April 1, 2013 5:51 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Here y'are. Scotland's finest giving ya 3 for 1 in the incorrect stakes, haha. hats off to Watty and co. Bless! Y'gotta love'em!

• March 29, 2013 2:25 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I see I replied to this already. I could probably think of more "Less P.C." Nervebreakers songs , if I rack my mind , and think about it......Sorry , that was The Yardbirds.

John Battles said:

All your examples are good , Romanne , but , I never thought of "My Girlfriend is a Rock" as being un - P.C.  It's just about a guy that's literally in love with a rock. More un - P.C. Nervebreakers include "I Wanna Kill You" , or Barry Kooda's solo "Guns and Bullets" or Tex Edwards' solo "Lesbian Cowboy Girls" and "Going Down South" , both of which are P.C. and UN - P.C. . AT THE SAME TIME !

Some of The Stones' least P.C. songs , along with "Star , Star" (I sang that at Karaoke , recently !), include "Cocksucker's Blues" , "Andrew's Blues" , "Memo From Turner" (Which is considered an early Jagger solo track , I guess. Both (Released ) versions are filthy , by the standards of the day , "Some Girls" (The uncensored version) , "Claudine" (Did'nt even make it to "Emotional Rescue " as planned. It's on the "Some Girls"  reissue. Rockabilly partial rip of Jack Scotts ' "Leroy" about Claudine Longet and the murder of Ski champ, Spyder Sevitch , for which she walked. ), "Stray Cat Blues" , and , well , "Stupid Girl". It's funny that "Satisfaction" was sometimes censored , yet Jagger throws in the "B" word twice on that number.....By the time "Bitch " came out , I guess , it was less controversial , because the word was'nt used as a slur against women.

Romanne Blouin said:

We'll probably never stop finding new outrageous songs, but for now, I think about: Rolling Stones' ''Star star'', Kim Fowley's ''Animal Man'', ''My Girlfriend is a Rock'' by The Nervebreakers, Dead Boys' ''Caught with the Meat in your Mouth'' and a fuckload of Guizmos' songs.

• March 29, 2013 2:17 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

All your examples are good , Romanne , but , I never thought of "My Girlfriend is a Rock" as being un - P.C.  It's just about a guy that's literally in love with a rock. More un - P.C. Nervebreakers include "I Wanna Kill You" , or Barry Kooda's solo "Guns and Bullets" or Tex Edwards' solo "Lesbian Cowboy Girls" and "Going Down South" , both of which are P.C. and UN - P.C. . AT THE SAME TIME !

Some of The Stones' least P.C. songs , along with "Star , Star" (I sang that at Karaoke , recently !), include "Cocksucker's Blues" , "Andrew's Blues" , "Memo From Turner" (Which is considered an early Jagger solo track , I guess. Both (Released ) versions are filthy , by the standards of the day , "Some Girls" (The uncensored version) , "Claudine" (Did'nt even make it to "Emotional Rescue " as planned. It's on the "Some Girls"  reissue. Rockabilly partial rip of Jack Scotts ' "Leroy" about Claudine Longet and the murder of Ski champ, Spyder Sevitch , for which she walked. ), "Stray Cat Blues" , and , well , "Stupid Girl". It's funny that "Satisfaction" was sometimes censored , yet Jagger throws in the "B" word twice on that number.....By the time "Bitch " came out , I guess , it was less controversial , because the word was'nt used as a slur against women.

Romanne Blouin said:

We'll probably never stop finding new outrageous songs, but for now, I think about: Rolling Stones' ''Star star'', Kim Fowley's ''Animal Man'', ''My Girlfriend is a Rock'' by The Nervebreakers, Dead Boys' ''Caught with the Meat in your Mouth'' and a fuckload of Guizmos' songs.

• March 29, 2013 1:28 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I wonder what Sublime was thinking when they covered it.

Mike Gallows said:

I'd have to go with "I'm not a loser" by the Descendents. I sang the song with ALL in the 90's and just mumbled through the homophobic part. I've heard it was supposed to be tongue in cheek or some shit but it sounds pretty bad to me. :)

• March 4, 2012 4:37 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

It's funny- the first thing that came into my head is a Dead milkmen song, "Lets get the baby high". I see that the first person, Ken, to respond with a DM song as well haha! No surprise I guess. I can think of  a few others though too. How about Ween's HIV song or Spinal Meningitis. Also, we have to include the Descendents Pervert!

• March 3, 2012 3:23 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I'd have to go with "I'm not a loser" by the Descendents. I sang the song with ALL in the 90's and just mumbled through the homophobic part. I've heard it was supposed to be tongue in cheek or some shit but it sounds pretty bad to me. :)

• March 2, 2012 11:48 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I wouldn't call this band "politically incorrect".  "Depraved" is a more apt description.

Barney Rubble and The C*nt Stubble - Retarded Chicks

Yikes!  This is not for the faint of heart!  The web site is old but anyone interested can probably hear/download the music here:

http://www.thestubbles.com/stubblemusic.htm

• March 1, 2012 5:58 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Thank you for mentioning The Nervebreakers....Though , I never really thought of "My Girlfriend is a Rock" as being misogynist or not "P.C." , but , literally about a guy who carries a rock around as his girlfriend , after the "Pet Rock" craze in The U.S. came and went.

Romanne Blouin said:

• February 24, 2012 6:09 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

go to my site www.facebook.com/nikflagstarandhisdirtymangydogs and check out our tune, "Jack of Spades" it is a song about musical civil rights, lyrically in the tradition of Bob Dylans "Hurricane" but musically in the piano-rock n roll/doowop genre, enjoy political incorrectness from all angles!

• February 23, 2012 1:32 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

• February 20, 2012 12:58 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! If someone told Gelato Beijing , formerly of The Dead Kennedys , that he was not "P.C." , THERE'D BE HELL TO PAY.

I heard Bobby Brown WENT down to his ex-wife's funeral and left early to do a show. We should all live to , let's just say ,  AID in their spouses' deterioration (As for either one's music , SUCKS. But , you knew that.) , and answer to no one when we bail on their funeral before millions viewing it on TV...Or , Jesse Jackson , reading a magazine.
       I had a friend in Jr. High , we would act out the words to "TITTIES AND BEER" before Art class. Who would have guessed that voice , like Screamin' Jay Hawkins with two sets of balls, was really .....Terry Bozzio. 
      Ben Simon said:

Kinky Friedman - They Ain't Makin' Jews Like Jesus Anymore

Frank Zappa - Bobby Brown (Goes Down), Jewish Princess, Titties & Beer, Dinah Moe Humm, Why Does It Hurt When I Pee?, Fembot in a Wet T-Shirt

The Vandals - Dachau Cabana

Mojo Nixon & Skid Roper - She's Vibrator Dependent

Weird Al Yankovic - Christmas at Ground Zero

Fishbone - Party at Ground Zero, Lyin' Ass Bitch

The Dead Milkmen - Instant Club Hit (You'll Dance to Anything) uses the word "artfags" and Bitchin' Camaro references AIDS.

The Afghan Whigs - Retarded

Too many Dead Kennedys songs to name...

• February 19, 2012 5:27 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

people use the word 'spazz' all the time, what's it's alternate, over-the-side of world meaning?

• February 19, 2012 3:12 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Senior moment MH(good initials by the way) seeing as I posted on the same page!

Mike Humsgreen said:

Speak for yourself, check out the first page of this thread! My Neighbours Baby might be the harshest of their songs though, or Lipstick?

Mark George Harrison said:

Cant believe we've all forgotten Guttermouth! loads of songs but the all-time favourite has to be 'mother fucked a donkey down in Mexico..................'

• February 19, 2012 1:21 PM CST
    • Untitled

Speak for yourself, check out the first page of this thread! My Neighbours Baby might be the harshest of their songs though, or Lipstick?

Mark George Harrison said:

Cant believe we've all forgotten Guttermouth! loads of songs but the all-time favourite has to be 'mother fucked a donkey down in Mexico..................'

• February 19, 2012 7:31 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

• February 19, 2012 6:44 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Kinky Friedman - They Ain't Makin' Jews Like Jesus Anymore

Frank Zappa - Bobby Brown (Goes Down), Jewish Princess, Titties & Beer, Dinah Moe Humm, Why Does It Hurt When I Pee?, Fembot in a Wet T-Shirt

The Vandals - Dachau Cabana

Mojo Nixon & Skid Roper - She's Vibrator Dependent

Weird Al Yankovic - Christmas at Ground Zero

Fishbone - Party at Ground Zero, Lyin' Ass Bitch

The Dead Milkmen - Instant Club Hit (You'll Dance to Anything) uses the word "artfags" and Bitchin' Camaro references AIDS.

The Afghan Whigs - Retarded

Too many Dead Kennedys songs to name...

• February 19, 2012 5:54 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Plus, it's pretty crazy what sticks as NO PC in "our lands of all is possible." Even a square suit will drop the corporate armor and drink, fight, fuck when all is paid for and there are no witnesses that could leave spots on their white wes - natch!

It was crazy hearing about the bands being chased in Iran (was it Metal bands? Pop even? I can't remember.... there was a couple of these news, even outside of that Vice TV "journalism"), just for playing a rock kind of sound that was too reminiscent of quasi western ideas. And those were all boys.

Imagine what kind of shit would go down, if you had a girl trash band in a place like that. That's what I call some goddamn moxy! Don't know about you, but I don't know if I would be up for that kind of crazy myself!

Not to say that the ladies don't get enough shit from donkheads around here, too. Well, you'll find shitbags all over the place.

Here for the stir

• February 19, 2012 5:30 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Yeah, I know what you mean. I would say, those "people" are just too fucking dumb in a wrong way to get what they "sing" about. Hell, it's even hard to find a definition for what they do except callin' on bullcrap. ;)

And it's not about the political correct thing even, just can't do listening to the life and times of Bo Diddley & gut this load a racist dung, coming straight from the heart of some knucklehead shitbrain with nothing else to it.

Not to say that doesn't happen with leftist hatepunkers either, I can spare these guys just as much.

Yeah, blablabla, yapyapyap, I know, haha.

Mr Yates said:

...or any white power stuff always pretty racist and offensive

Here for the stir

• February 18, 2012 3:05 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

The Monks did that song , too (Not meaning the legenday Avant Garage Punks , But , The Strawbs offshoot Pub/Novelty group.)
       ....Or were they the same group?

Mr Yates said:

I do remember a song from when I was about 13, by a band called Dave and the Deros called "Nice Legs, Shame About the Face".

What about any song by the 4skins or any white power stuff always pretty racist and offensive

• February 12, 2012 9:22 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Then there's "Teenage Lust" by The MC5 . I'd say it would'nt offend , today , but people are more easily offended NOW than in the 60's and 70's . It had to be one of the earliest songs on a major label to say "Bitch" more than once , barring "Stupid Girl" (Also believed to be politically incorrect.)by The Rolling Stones. When I interviewed Wayne Kramer , I pointed out how there was a "Clean" version of the song , that went , instead of "Come on , bitch , you got to get down", "Come on , GIRL , you got to get down.". Kramer said he was'nt even aware there were two versions.

• February 11, 2012 4:20 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Then , much later , there was "Be Cool , Dave or Jimmy or somebody (I forget) Is Dancing with a Sissy " , which takes a decidedly un - 70's "That's coool , different strokes " approach.

For all the talk we hear about how "Open" the 70's were , you could'nt sell a "Gay" themed song , unless it was a Novelty , like Rod Hart's "C.B.Savage". Then , of course , years later , you had Josie Cotton (Who , if it were possible to turn a Gay man Straight , she could have done it.) with her (Novelty) hit , "Johnny , Are You Queer" , which later became something of a pro - Gay anthem....It was'nt concieved in hatred , just for laffs. Same with Reverend Horton Heat's "Cowboy Love".

IDON MINE said:

Joe is one of the weirdest out there! His early rough soul tracks make me wonder someone ever had him record a love balad. PNEUMONIA also come to mind, where he is love sick and says he's "gonna blacken both of her eyes!" He has some other really psycho ones, can't think of them now.

G'DAMN CREEP! 

swt said:

Ona recent episode of The Big Enchilada, I played "Davy, You Upset My Home" by Joe Tex. It's about a guy who's jealous because his girl is really into Davy Crockett. (I think this is from the late '50s when Davy Crockett was a very popular TV show.)

The girl even buys Davy Crockett false teeth because, Joe sings, "I punched her in the mouth last night."

Another line: "I whipped her so until she went insane. And now she wants to buy herself a Davy Crockett brain."

• February 11, 2012 4:12 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I always thought "Bodies" was an anti - BACK ALLEY abortion song , but , since Lydon was raised Catholic , it was derided as an anti - abortion song , in general...Never heard Lydon's story you mention , but , it makes sense. He does'nt seem to want to talk about it , asking questions from the stage like "Should abortions be illegal ? GOOD QUESTION." AND LEAVING IT AT THAT.

Tris Burns said:

good point, well made... maan

the only thing I'd disagree with on this discussion, and no offence is intended, but BODIES is a compassionate song, Lydon wrote it for the girl Pauline who turned up outside his house one day, she was a mentally disabled lass who'd been abandoned, mistreated, ignored and fucked over by the glorious state... a fucking disgrace but not a surprise...

There's a ton of outrageous racist folk music in a lot of Northern UK towns, SEND THE BUGGERS BACK kinda shit...lots of twats blacked up  "for family fun"...

o well
      Tris Burns said:

Andyuzz said:

If we're going down that line then good ol' Chuck 'eye in the sky' Berry  - My ding-a-ling (!)

or Jerry Lee 'marry my infant cousin' Lewis - Great Balls of fire

goodness gracious!

Tris Burns said:

here's two seemingly innocent songs but remember that the guys singing them are fucking paedos

je suis un rock star  - Bill "young stuff" Wyman

Do You Wanna Be In My Gang - "Up The" Gary Glitter

makes me gag just thinking about it

There are literally thousands of anti women songs out there in shit - hop land, to the point of total boredom

My personal fave and I am NOT calling Lemmy a kiddy fiddler,(unlike those two shitheel creeps above) is JAILBAIT by MOTORHEAD. VIBRATOR is a very funny song too...

You know this kinda forum could get folk into some serious trouble ha ha ha 

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel