Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: "politically incorrect" songs

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • August 12, 2011 11:36 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Driving home from work today and 'Spazz' by the Elastik Band came on the cd player. Now, I dunno about you guys in Amerikyland but Spazz is one of those words that's a no-no and the political correctness police arrest you and lock you up in a quiet place where everybody is nice to each other, wear a lot of corduroy and read The Guardian. Been wracking my brain thinking of other such songs....?
    • May 30, 2013 2:39 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I NEVER FOLLOWED THE LEATHER NUN , BUT , I REMEMBER WHEN THEY CAME OUT. MY FRIEND WAS PLAYNG THEIR LP IN A RECORD STORE , AND A PRIEST WALKED IN , AND ASKED HIM WHAT THE NAME OF THE GROUP WAS..... "um.....they're called "The Leather Nun" , Father.". The Priest just chuckled and said , "Oh....interesting.". 

Mike M said:

Well, I've just read this whole thread and didn't know half the songs mentioned. However I've a few to add.

The Leather Nun FFA Can't get much more un PC than Gay Fist Fucking.

http://youtu.be/Wvq_Hbf9vys

Then There's the old punk group 'Raped' singing Pretty Paedophiles, I was searching on you tube for that and found these. I'm not even going to look at...

The Paedophiles I wanna Rape You

The White Van Paedophiles- Little Injun Boy Rape

Jeez.

• May 30, 2013 2:36 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

eddie , I like this song , but, why is it politically incorrect?
       Did the Lead Singer say something "Naughty" that's buried under all the other singers' voices?

A lot of Doo Wop groups did do X- Rated versions of songs that were commercially recorded.
      eddie said:

• May 22, 2013 1:54 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

It's pretty funny that the band , The Raped , got in so much trouble for the PEDOPHILIA song (Us yanks don't spell it with and "a" .) , as they were all teens , maybe one or two , even younger . They were reputedly Britain's youngest Punk band , even younger than Eater ! Or , close..... A friend of mine did a search for three bands -  MAN , THE BOYS , AND LOVE. He said "You'll never guess what came up ! ' . I said "Yes I will , NAMBLA !!" . HE SAID , "HOW DID YOU KNOW?" I SAID , "iT'S SO OBVIOUS !!!!".

Good call on the Ramones songs. I was once told "Suzy is a Headbanger" was sexist because a "Headbanger" was supposed to be someone who gives good head. I never heard that , again.. To me , it always meant someone into Heavy Metal or Punk (The term used to apply to both.).

Mike M said:

Well, I've just read this whole thread and didn't know half the songs mentioned. However I've a few to add.

Then There's the old punk group 'Raped' singing Pretty Paedophiles, I was searching on you tube for that and found these. I'm not even going to look at...

Jeez.

• May 21, 2013 12:38 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Then on safer ground there's the Ramones.

You're Gonna Kill That Girl

Gimme Gimme Shock Treament

Cretin Hop

Pinhead

Teenage Labotomy

That's just off the 1st LP that came to hand!

• May 21, 2013 12:27 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Jeez.

• May 20, 2013 9:10 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Yeah , Johnny , I DID , BUT I FORGOT WHAT I SAID....I remembered reading some of the lyrics when "..."And You Suck" came out , and wondering how long they'd last before some Radical Feminists set their practice space on fire ! But , a lot of things have been taken so seriously. Before those guys , you had The Child Molesters, Angry Samoans and Fear , pushing the anti- PC envelope in L.A.  Some people even think Fear's segment in "Decline" was real , when even the audience /band baiting was DUBBED !
      Johnny Lurg said:

Speaking of vegans, has anybody mentioned the Meatmen yet?

• May 20, 2013 8:35 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Speaking of vegans, has anybody mentioned the Meatmen yet?

• May 5, 2013 11:52 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Those guys are hilarious. But , they just call 'em like they see 'em. They're cool people.   They've been accused of things they're not , but , have'nt we all ?  I FEEL MUCH THE SAME WAY , if you don't drink or smoke or do drugs or rub strawberry jam into your belly , or whatever , that's your choice. If you do or don't eat meat , same thing. You don't have to call yourself anything or join a herd as a security measure. Antiseen was recently on chic-a-go go . You can see their appearance on you tube(chic-a-gogo's page). The last time they actuallly did a show in Chicago , though , was 15 to 18 Years ago. In fact , David Allen Coe played the same night , and I was able to go to both shows. A fist full of political incorrectness !
      Chris Henniker said:

I longer drink, but I don't consider myself straight edge (even though I don't smoke or do dope, either). Truth be told, It's purely an effective way to keep my weight down because I don't get the sugar cravings you get on the booze. I'm not a veggie or vegan and I love fish, seafood, game and eating the cutesy animals. If you want politically incorrect, look up Antiseen.
    • May 5, 2013 6:27 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        2 0

Untitled

I longer drink, but I don't consider myself straight edge (even though I don't smoke or do dope, either). Truth be told, It's purely an effective way to keep my weight down because I don't get the sugar cravings you get on the booze. I'm not a veggie or vegan and I love fish, seafood, game and eating the cutesy animals. If you want politically incorrect, look up Antiseen.
    • May 5, 2013 1:24 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I briefly aligned myself with the Straight Edge thing , when I saw friends kicking drugs and alcohol. But , I was'nt doing drugs or alcohol , anyway . It was a personal choice I'd long since arrived at , not a case of me joining a movement. When most of the people who were calling themselves "Straight Edge" soon got back on the dope and/or booze , it all seemed like a farce. But , later , I heard about the extremists , bombing McDonalds (As if they serve meat.) or beating up cigarette smokers. LAME !! Sometimes , Vegans adhere to their principles , without telling others what they should do. I respect them more for it . As for pro - drug/anti meat types , I don't tell them what to do. I would suggest they shower , but , otherwise..... May I bore you with a story ? Sure I can.           

I went to see a Thin Lizzy tribute band at a local club. Turned out , they cancelled , with a Country band playing in their place. Under the circumstances , the doorman offered to let me go in for a few minutes and decide if I wanted to stay . The Country band was good , I just was'nt in the mood. I looked around , and all these people were attempting to Yobbo dance (All our friends from The UK , including you , Chris , I trust , know what that is.). I did'nt stay long. I had to wonder why all these WXRT (Boring Chicago radio station that appeals to psuedo - intellectuals , fake hippies and "Adult Rockers". ) fans were doing this British Biker standby , and who taught them how?

Turns out , the whole evening was a semi - secret reception for one Chrissie Hynde , who was in town protesting the former Rock'n'Roll McDonalds. Again , they serve GRISTLE. HOW MUCH OF THAT ARMPIT STANK ACTUALLY CAME FROM A COW? White Castles have more beef. But , yeah , it's her right , I guess , to complain about a bunch of minimum wage slaves busting their humps while she had maybe one good album and another that was spotty , and built a lucrative career on that , wrecking Ray Davies' marriage along the way.

OK , RAY HAD A HAND IN THAT , TOO , but , I heard , from a friend who worked at the club , that she insisted on a Vegan pizza (Which could have been ordered from an actual Vegan restaurant and delivered to said club.) , and gave them specific instructions , having a hissy fit when she learned all their ovens had cooked meat pizzas in the past , shouting at the largely Mexican staff , who did'nt know or care who she was . Seig Hynde !

Chris Henniker said:

Funny, as I see the two things having some things in common (specifically the Hardline variety advocated by Vegan Reich, but not what Ian McKaye was a believer in). Both Hardline & Neo-Nazism are dogmatic and controlling, homophobic, authoritarian, intolerant and unable to see other points of view as valid.    

Johnny Lurg said:

It will take me a lot more convincing that this song is a joke, but the band One Life Crew itself is very laughable with their idiotic combination of Neo-Nazism and straight edge/vegan lifestyle:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/u_I2FIw7YEs

• May 4, 2013 5:54 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        2 0

Untitled

Funny, as I see the two things having some things in common (specifically the Hardline variety advocated by Vegan Reich, but not what Ian McKaye was a believer in). Both Hardline & Neo-Nazism are dogmatic and controlling, homophobic, authoritarian, intolerant and unable to see other points of view as valid.    

Johnny Lurg said:

It will take me a lot more convincing that this song is a joke, but the band One Life Crew itself is very laughable with their idiotic combination of Neo-Nazism and straight edge/vegan lifestyle:

• May 4, 2013 5:40 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

That's right. But , "E.Y.O.B." and The Nip Drivers' uber - silly version of "Rio" (Yes , a case of the cover being better than the original.) were the only songs I really liked , so I traded my copy in.

Johnny Lurg said:

"Dachau Cabana" and "EYOB" were actually released on the same compilation, When Men Were Men And Sheep Were Scared.

http://www.discogs.com/Various-When-Men-Were-Men-And-Sheep-Were-Sca...

• May 3, 2013 12:05 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

OK , i HAVE'NT HEARD THOSE SONGS , BUT , IRONICALLY , I FOUND A VANDALS COMP IN A THRIFT STORE , the other day......Never listened to them much , but , I had a friend who did a HC show on public radio (He had the very best slot , and I had the very worst slot , playing Rockabilly , Garage , Blues , Glam , etc. I still had Hardcore fans bitching at me to play something at 360 BPM , AT THREE IN THE MORNING , AS IF I WERE GETTING PAID , AND AS IF THEY MADE DONATIONS TO THE STATION....).....I told my friend he should play more Vandals and Nip Drivers, stuff like that , because it made me laugh , instead of making me want to slit my wrists , after three hours of HC. i LOVED tHE Nip Drivers' "E.Y.O.B.", AN ANTI - MISOGYNY , ANTI - CUNNILINGUS (?!!) song from a woman's point of view. She says  "EAT.YOURSELF. OUT. BABY." , Because she does'nt like the guy "Gettin' down , down on me , yeah , down on me!" . She's not in the mood , or , maybe he's used force. Either way . it's Pop Punk before it sucked, and it lasts about a minute.

• May 2, 2013 6:59 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I agree with you, John.  It actually seems to be in the same category as The Dead Milkmen's "Nutrition," Camper Van Beethoven's "Club Med Sucks," and Suicidal Tendencies' "Institutionalized" in its mocking satire.  I never wanted to take the lyrics seriously, so I'm glad that I don't have to.

Here's another "tasteless" punk song by The Vandals which deserves a mention.  This one's obviously a joke, otherwise it wouldn't be a Barry Manilow parody:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/0EBLdnRECKA

• May 2, 2013 5:18 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I just wanted to read the lyrics before meandering some more.......Sure , it could be classified as , simply ,  tasteless , but not Meatmen/Mentors /GG Allin tasteless....It seems it was written as a joke. It'd still piss some people off , today , even with the comeupance of getting beat up by the one - night stand's ex- Boyfriend. Obviously HE's the one who thinks he owns her..........Not a bad pre - HC Punk Rock Toon , tho'.

John Battles said:

i've got to admit ,I've never heard of this group. I've heard of the group called "The He-Man Woman Haters' Club", that was Spanky and Alfalfa's kiddie misogynist group in the "Our Gang" / "Little Rascals" shorts. That's always been a running gag among men who say they've sworn off women , and prove to be lyin' motherfuckers , like Alfalfa.

• May 2, 2013 5:11 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

i've got to admit ,I've never heard of this group. I've heard of the group called "The He-Man Woman Haters' Club", that was Spanky and Alfalfa's kiddie misogynist group in the "Our Gang" / "Little Rascals" shorts. That's always been a running gag among men who say they've sworn off women , and prove to be lyin' motherfuckers , like Alfalfa.

• May 2, 2013 3:58 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Falling Idols - HWH (this is allegedly an acronym for "He-Man Woman Hater," but don't quote me on this)

I am still shocked at how misogynistic the lyrics to this Falling Idols song are. Several members of this band would later join The Vandals, and at least four Falling Idols songs were later covered by Sublime.

Here are the lyrics in question:

http://www.songmeanings.net/songs/view/3530822107859437088/

• April 29, 2013 8:56 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

...and , I think it's "Kill a Mod". But , can a song be considered a Hate Crime ? At worst , I think a song that's actually about Hate Crimes could be interpreted , obviously , as Hate Crime propaganda , BUT , YOU  WOULD HAVE TO BE A NO - LIFE HAVING , WORTHLESS SACK OF SHIT TO BEGIN WITH , TO ATTACK SOMEBODY FOR NOT DRESSING LIKE YOU AND YOUR FRIENDS , IF YOU EVEN HAVE ANY , THEN HIDE BEHIND A SONG , SHOULD YOU GET CAUGHT....    

John Battles said:

you might have something , there.

Chris Henniker said:

I even wonder whether The Exploited would ever be prosecuted under the new proposals to treat assaults on subcultures as hate crimes for songs like "Kill A Mod". That would be ironic, as the Sophie Lancaster campaign was aimed at raising awareness of "alternative" cultures and calling for recognition of attacks on punks, goths, hippies , etch, as a hate crime.
    • April 29, 2013 8:48 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

you might have something , there.

Chris Henniker said:

I even wonder whether The Exploited would ever be prosecuted under the new proposals to treat assaults on subcultures as hate crimes for songs like "Kill A Mod". That would be ironic, as the Sophie Lancaster campaign was aimed at raising awareness of "alternative" cultures and calling for recognition of attacks on punks, goths, hippies , etch, as a hate crime.
    • April 29, 2013 12:29 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        2 0

Untitled

• April 29, 2013 11:45 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

....Oh , yeah, I love it. "They could nae(not)start a pissup in a brewery"!!!! THAT's funny.

By the time that stuff made it over here , people were taking themselves WAY too seriously* , regardless of their politics. I met a guy whose parents MIGHT have been at the hand - holding stage (Or even aware the other existed), in the very late 70's - early 80's when the Punk thing , as I put it , sort of tapered off. He said "WHAT DO YOU MEAN?!!! THIS IS A WAY OF LIFE!!!!!". Geez , lighten up , Francis.   Most of us got into it because it was fun.  King Kurt ! HA HA, a friend of mine from London went to see King Kurt , and a huge food and shite fight erupted . He said his clothes were saturated in wet flour , which basically turns to glue , and he had to sneak back into the house , because he was still living with his parents.

*  What drives the whole point home is , in the Chicago Punkumentary "You Were'nt There", Mike O'Connell (Rights of The Accused ,Beer Nuts.) , who OWNS that movie , talks about how , when he was 15 , John , from the precious Effigies (They're all right , just WAY too serious.) was telling him "You've got to take this seriously , or , you'll end up a Lawyer !!".Then , Mike says , "Point is , I am who I am , I'm a Bartender , now , and John IS a Lawyer !!".    I saw The Effigies , once (Twice , actually.) . This woman was asking me why I was'nt dancing , and BTW , where WAS I , "Back in the day"? I said , I was in Dallas (Where nearly everything BUT humor was verboten.) , tho' I was familiar with Chicago bands like Naked Raygun , Effigies , and Bohemia in the 80's. The band closed with "Body Bag" , their big "Hit". She said "How can you not dance to this ?! This is an anthem!!!". Mind you , they sounded fine , but , I did'nt hear a single anthem in their set. Then , they finished , the DJ played "Two Tub Man" by The Dictators. I told her , "THIS is an anthem".

• April 29, 2013 4:48 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

One of the Exploited's offshoots 'Blood Uncles' were fantastic. recorded and live. 'Goodbye Mr McKenzie' were fantastic as well. The Exploited like King Kurt would move from town to town in Britain spreading mayhem and carnage wherever they went. Hilarious. These 2nd wave bands are funny tho. A direct outcry against a post Labour, new Thatcherite regime. It was pure comedy tho. The hair got bigger the clothes got holier and the members got drunker and drunker and they took themselves so seriously. All the talk of police state and anarchy. They couldnae organise a piss up in a brewery and it all fell apart very quickly. They either turned into Neo Nazi Oi type bands or became chartered accountants. Our new wave of punk bands tho are beginning to get a feel for it again. all the media that's available now really can give them a DIY attitude an I Fuckin loves it.

John Battles said:

OK , so , no one replied to this. I'm not trying to stir up any shit , here. I just never got it with The Exploited , GBH , and much of the 2ND WAVE UK Punk bands , just like I don't understand the appeal of the majority of U.S. HARDCORE BANDS AT THAT TIME. That's just my take on it. I'm outnumbered. A friend told me , in D.C. , among Punks and Skins , it did'nt matter if you were Black or White , but , it was All For AMERICA. The Exploited once took the stage with "Fuck The USA", AND GOT THE SHIT BEAT OUT OF THEM BY MEMBERS OF THE AUDIENCE.....

HEY , WHAT AMERICAN BAND WAS STUPID ENOUGH TO THINK THEY COULD GO TO ENGLAND , SCOTLAND ,  OR ANY COUNTRY IN WESTERN EUROPE , AND SING 'FUCK "Your Country Here"'and not expect to get pummelled by people who are'nt even loyalists? , to say nothing about kissing your fee goodbye ?

PERSONALLY , I LIKE THE PEOPLE , AND MUCH OF THE MUSIC , MOVIES , TELLY , COMICS , ETC. , OF THE UK.
        THE EXPLOITED ARE'NT MY FAVORITE IMPORT , BUT , A LOT OF PEOPLE , HERE , STILL LIKE THEM. THEY HAVE AN AUDIENCE.

Here y'are. Scotland's finest giving ya 3 for 1 in the incorrect stakes, haha. hats off to Watty and co. Bless! Y'gotta love'em!

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel