Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: What concerts did you attend recently or are on your list?

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • November 4, 2018 8:51 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled title

Barrence Whitfield and The Woggles destroyed , naturally. Black Oak Arkansas put the pedal to the metal and let it ROAR !! Haven't seen much else , lately. Little Steven is playing tomorrow at this beautiful old movie theatre from the 30's. Not a big fan of his or Springsteen's music ( I did see them together in 1980 , it was great . But , I lost interest in Springsteen not much later...never bought his records.), BUT i'M A FAN OF THE SOPRANOS AND THE UNDERGROUND GARAGE....Tho' I have'nt heard it in eons. I met Steven in 2001. He's VERY , VERY COOL.    Roky Erickson is playing on Friday , that's going to be the show of the year. But there's no "Buzz" about it.

Roky and I 001.jpg (590.77 Kb)
    • November 7, 2018 4:44 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled title

The Sonics and then Jack White, both great gigs
    • November 17, 2018 10:09 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled title

Saw Deadbeat Poets a coupla nights ago....super tight garage powerpop combo that features Frank Secich (Blue Ash, Stiv Bators band and many others). Great songwriting, all members did lead vocals and hooks galore!!

Also saw Stiff Little Fingers for the first time last week. Great sounding and a lotta fun! Currently on a Canadian tour.

• July 24, 2019 7:40 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled title

Dave , are you there? I recently saw The Flesheaters (Chris D. w/ John Doe , Bill Bateman , Dave Alvin , D.J Fontana , Steve Berlin.) , X with The Damned , Southern Culture on The Skids , Mott The Hoople '74 , Danny Harvey and Head Cat 13 , and , several months ago , Roky Erickson's last - ever Chicago appearance  )`;  

i went to The Nashville Boogie , Highlights included Ronnie Spector , The Planet Rockers , Linda Gail Lewis (With ALL of Los Straitjackets plus Danny Harvey !),Nikki Hill (Tho' I missed most of her set.), Deke Dickerson (With J.M.Van Eaton on Drums !) , and two sets by your own Bloodshot Bill , one featuring Deke , The Stomping Riff Raffs from Japan and a full rhythm section. He also did a shorter set with a guest appearance by Bloodshot Battles Overdrive ( Bloodshot Bill and myself.).

• July 24, 2019 7:40 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled title

Dave , are you there? I recently saw The Flesheaters (Chris D. w/ John Doe , Bill Bateman , Dave Alvin , D.J Fontana , Steve Berlin.) , X with The Damned , Southern Culture on The Skids , Mott The Hoople '74 , Danny Harvey and Head Cat 13 , and , several months ago , Roky Erickson's last - ever Chicago appearance  )`;  

i went to The Nashville Boogie , Highlights included Ronnie Spector , The Planet Rockers , Linda Gail Lewis (With ALL of Los Straitjackets plus Danny Harvey !),Nikki Hill (Tho' I missed most of her set.), Deke Dickerson (With J.M.Van Eaton on Drums !) , and two sets by your own Bloodshot Bill , one featuring Deke , The Stomping Riff Raffs from Japan and a full rhythm section. He also did a shorter set with a guest appearance by Bloodshot Battles Overdrive ( Bloodshot Bill and myself.).

• July 25, 2019 7:47 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled title

Hey John:  Still here, just haven't been very active on this board recently due to health and my Mother passing last month. Haven't been out to a show for awhile and hope to be better in the near future to get out again....but certainly can't top the combos you've been seeing lately John!

• July 25, 2019 9:08 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled title

Dave , well , focus on your health , hoss. You gotta lotta rockin' to do. Yes , it was very busy , here , until.....NOW. I don't have plans to see anybody , tho' Stiff Little Fingers and The Avengers are in October. I failed to mention , I saw The Mentally Ill in a cool dive bar. Rediscovered Power Pop zealot , Julian Leal was on the bill , too , but , I had to haul ass out of there to try to make it to Daddy Longlegs' show , just up the street. I missed them , but , we went out for Mexican food , anyway.

Horton's doing two shows , but one is in the suburbs , inaccessible by train. Th eothe rone is later , He's playing at The City Winery , a place with dinner seating.  Perfect for stretching your neck to see the back of your neighbors' head. But , when he played there last , with Robert Gordon (Who did "Heart Full of Soul"and "Move it" by , guys......CLIFF !!!),they took thetables and chairs out .. We can hope.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel