Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves The Lounge
  • Topic: Going to MARS !!

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • December 8, 2011 6:28 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Since I was a child, I dreamed of being a kosmonaut, travelling all galaxies

and visiting all strange planets around .... with a faster-than-light spaceship.

In the ninteen-seventies, I thought " when we got the year 2000, all the things

from Star-Trek are real ". And now ? We have 2011 and nothing is real. The only

new space we got is the internet and the only upcoming challenge is travelling

to MARS.

What do think about all this ? Is somebody here who also would like to be part

of the first manned mission to the " bringer of war " ?

:-)

• December 28, 2011 10:51 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Some closing words:

The good old Voyager 1 and 2 took more than 30 years to leave 

our tiny solar-system ..... 

• December 11, 2011 5:48 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I hope so much, that we all ( our generation ) ( the Star-Trek and Star Wars Generation )

will be alive when mankind reaches mars. But it might be like we've seen in a lot of films and read in several books: mankind has to unite and focus on one enterprise ... to reach the stars.

BUT before that, there are so much other problems to handle .... religion, racism, hunger, klimate, wars etc. 

I guess one single nation cannot bring all the needed money to one point, to reach MARS in the next 20 years. 

• December 10, 2011 4:13 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

....Like a lot of you, I also thought that , by 2000 , we'd have our robot slaves , moving sidewalks thru most cities , rocket packs and such.... But , I did know one possibility was getting to Mars. Whether or not it could happen in our lifetime , meaning that of my g- g - generation , and some of the younger people up here , too , I questioned , even then (Then being the 70s)... Obviously , we had to figure out how to sustain life on the moon before we could opt to travel there , and actually stay for a few days.    Part of it IS the enormous costs of such a project , and part of it is , would we be able to keep our Astronauts , or could Russia keep their Cosmonauts alive on Mars , were either of us to go there in the near future ? I don't know , I have my doubts , and , I have'nt been following the progress of what is still only a proposed mission.       Does such a proposition hold an interest to me , like it did when I was a kid ? Yes , it just is'nt as big of a deal , in my mind.  I believe we'll get there , someday. If we don't get there in my time , it's OK.    I told my friend's son , who was then about 10 , he asked me about this same thing , and I told him , I'm pretty sure we'll get to Mars in your lifetime , but , I'm not sure  about mine , but , it's something to look forward to , either way.     

• December 10, 2011 1:48 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I dont fancy goin to mars but I like the idea of gorgeous space women invading earth !I would like the transporter system from star trek to be real though,driving cars and carrying all my guitars and amps is a pain in the ass.

• December 10, 2011 5:58 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

It's advantageous, that you won't need a two-way-ticket :-)

Mina said:

I'd like to go to the sun.

• December 10, 2011 5:26 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

But our tiny little moon is so damn boring .... and everyday you have 

to see the earth.

• December 9, 2011 11:50 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Them Judoon are pretty fascist...I'd like to go to The Moon...

• December 9, 2011 10:59 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I guess it will be the only real adventure for the next decades.

Sure, exploring something new or something difficult is a great

thing, like wandering through Antarctica or climbing the Rupal-Wall

at Nanga Parbat .... BUT the upcoming mission to MARS will be

the ultimate adventure, the ultimate journey and the ultimate experience

for all the time and years we'll look over. 

• December 8, 2011 9:20 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I've always been a big fan of the space programme...shame 'costs' have crippled it so much...there will come a day in the far future when our Sun will begin to die and turn into a red giant...then you'll see politicians and governments throwing cash at it so they can get their asses to somewhere safe...I regret I won't be able to see man's first landing on Mars...I guess I'll be dead by then...

• December 8, 2011 9:09 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I, like a lot of people, dream about going to space. One of the two last things i have to do before dying.

I was just thinking about that, since they discover a earth-twin planet, i was wondering if i would like to be part of the mission ( if the travel was in anyway possible) , i told myself : "i could bring 2 or 3 iPod full of music, but it seems useless as long as i'll want to go see the bands i listen too , which would be not possible anymore , expect if we can assure there's a "rock" scene in the new planet and if they got X-ray guitars.

Don't know anymore if i want to leave earth without any chance to come back, of course if aliens want to take me, i'll accept, i'll probably find a way to come back home stealing a flying saucer.

Been a pionner is easy when you know you can turn back

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel