Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: BAD NEWS. Reg Presley has cancer. Please read.

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • January 25, 2012 4:19 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I've just been informed that, due to an ongoing bout with Lung Cancer, Reg Presley has had to retire from music, putting an end to a career that nearly hit the 50 year mark with The Troggs, one of Britain's most important  proto - Punk bands, if not THE most important.....Some people even consider them the only Garage Punk band to come out of England.

It was my good fortune to meet Reg once, and he conveyed such humor and goodwill. A no-nonsense person, but never an egotist or a phony. And all of that was doubly true, on stage.

We've lost The Troggs. I don't know about anyone else, but, it means something to me.

PLEASE go to http://www.my-generation.org.uk/Troggs/

To read Presley's personal statement to his friends and fans.

Reg will recieve all cards and letters sent c /o: Jacqueline Ryan  56 Waite Davies Rd.

London SE12 OND     ENGLAND.

Please think a good thought today, and all days, for Reg. And, if you're so inclined, say a prayer for him, too. He has one Hell of a fight ahead of him, and he needs to know he's got people in his corner.

• February 5, 2013 7:35 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I WROTE UP A NEW THREAD , REGARDING REG'S ASCENSION , YESTERDAY. I ASSUME IT'S STILL HERE. HE DID DIE FROM LUNG CANCER - RELATED COMPLICATIONS , AFTER HAVING BEEN KNOWN TO HAVE IT FOR A YEAR. HE ALSO SUFFERED A MAJOR STROKE IN 2010, BUT , WENT BACK TO WORK AFTER BEING GIVEN A CLEAN BILL OF HEALTH . HIS MARRIAGE AND HIS BAND NEARLY HIT THE 50 YEAR , NO BREAKUPS OR REUNIONS , MARK.

REG PRESLEY WAS A BAD MOTHERFUCKER.  HE WILL BE MISSED.

• February 5, 2013 6:27 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Very sad news today.  Reg passed away.  The articles I've found haven't mentioned cancer, but you would have to assume.  RIP, Reg.  

• February 21, 2012 2:24 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Someone better kick this cancer thing in tha ass BIG TIME, or there'll be hell to pay!

L-O-V-E and all the good things to Reg...

Here for the stir

• February 20, 2012 8:26 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Well said.

Mardy Pune said:

That's really stink news. Go hard Reg, don't let it grind ya down.

• February 20, 2012 8:25 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Our hearts beat out for Reg -

DUBBA DUBBA DUBBA CHUH ! DUBBA  DUBBA DUBBA CHUH ! DUBBA DUBBA DUBBA  CHUH !!!!!

You know , it's still not to late to say something about The Troggs and Reg Presley.

• January 28, 2012 4:04 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

NOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

I want you      I need You  

fight it.

• January 28, 2012 3:23 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Bryan Adams , Wet Wet fucking Wet Wet Wet , same difference ! HA HA HA ! Playing his music does help , I believe.

Mark George Harrison said:

And I meant Wet wet fucking Wet! first chance Ive had to get back on here and correct myself!

Lets hope he does get better JB, im now going th play 'our love will still be there' and 'lost little girl' and hope it helps!

• January 28, 2012 4:40 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

And I meant Wet wet fucking Wet! first chance Ive had to get back on here and correct myself!

Lets hope he does get better JB, im now going th play 'our love will still be there' and 'lost little girl' and hope it helps!

• January 27, 2012 2:43 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Underrated is the word , Mark George. I still like "Wild Thing" , but , it's nowhere NEAR their best song , in my estimation. There's a handfull of bands like them left , Pretty Things , Downliners Sect.....who still have that kind passion and aggression. You can see VERY recent Troggs footage on youtube , and know that they never lost it.

I asked Reg , how do you keep it fresh , after all these years? He said , we'll go on holiday for about a month , maybe , and when you come back , you just sort of GO for it , cos you've got NERVES , and 99 out of 100 times , even , it's like  that. We still like each other, personally , and we enjoy playing , and that's what keeps you going.

iF YOU DON'T LOVE IT , WHY BOTHER? AND , REG REALLY LOVED IT. It would be great if , on some level , he could get back to it, but , the bottom line is , just kicking Cancer's ass.

It CAN be done.

Mark George Harrison said:

A much underrated band The Troggs, shame they only get remembered for 'wild thing' which is treated as a novelty!

An even bigger shame is that it took Bryan Fucking Adams to make Reg any money(which he then apparently spent researching crop circles!)

Good luck and God bless ya Reg

• January 27, 2012 10:25 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

A much underrated band The Troggs, shame they only get remembered for 'wild thing' which is treated as a novelty!

An even bigger shame is that it took Bryan Fucking Adams to make Reg any money(which he then apparently spent researching crop circles!)

Good luck and God bless ya Reg

• January 26, 2012 4:05 AM CST
    • Untitled

That's really stink news. Go hard Reg, don't let it grind ya down.

• January 25, 2012 7:32 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Note: Jacqueline Ryan , long time Troggs fan club Prez (And even the topic of their song , "Meet Jacqueline".) , specified cards , she did'nt say anything about letters , so , I guess that would mean cards are easier to deal with.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel