Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Regional Forums Europe
  • Topic: Barcelona record shops

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • April 30, 2012 9:03 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Which are the best record shops to visit in Barcelona when I go there in a couple of weeks?

• May 7, 2012 4:13 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

So, you've given me the record shops, are there any good bands playing on 15th/16th May in Barcelona just in case I get any spare time in the evenings. Thanks!

• May 1, 2012 12:52 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Thanks joanca. That should be everything i need now, apart from some money!
    • April 30, 2012 5:09 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Well, Victor did the big job. No extra things to say ; )

I'd say shops usually close around 20.00h and 20.30h

• April 30, 2012 4:13 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Victor, thanks a million for such a detailed tour of the record shops. I look forward to visiting as many as I'm able. Just out of interest what time do the stores generally close?

Cheers, Coop

• April 30, 2012 2:55 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Joanca and David Crazy Sheep put you on the right track, but I'd like to be a little more specific. Some years ago someone made a similar question and I replied with many details on records stores and RnR bars. Sadly, much of that info is useless now. But you can search and maybe you'll find some interesting tips on what still exists.

Basically there are two main areas which are pretty close (10-15 min. walk): Tallers street and Riera Baixa. Plus other stores nearby and in the way.

Tallers: Revolver -there are two, the green and the red one- the best one is the green one with a great selection of vinyl upstairs. Just in case, check the red one, too. Castelló has also a lot of vinyl in the back room. Impacto is just OK.

Around the corner from Tallers there is Sitges street with Daily (great selection of new and 2nd hand stuff, specialized in Punk, Oi!, Hardcore and Jamaican Music, but with great sections of Rockabilly, Soul, 60's and Garage. Kebra is a few doors away with a lot of cool stuff.

Riera Baixa: Wah Wah is one of the best and better stocked stores, if somewhat pricey. Edison's is one or two doors away, but I heard they're closing. If they haven't, they're crammed with 2nd hand stuff.

Discos Juandó is one of my faves, but it's not in that area (well, it's 15-20 mins from Ramblas/Tallers, near the Picasso Museum. Tons of cool stuff, specially black music of almost every kind. Marcos is one of the best record dealers in BCN.

Casa Usher is well worth a visit, but it's not in the center (just around the corner of the Llacuna metro station). Great selection of 2nd hand, books, toys, etc... BUT I heard the owner died recently and they're re-locating a lot of their stuff.

Two kinda new stores near the Tallers/Riera Baixa area: Luchador (indie, Punk, etc) and Paradiso (black music and dance) in Ferlandina street.

Markets: Encants de Les Glòries is a classic flea market with the odd record stall. Morning to afternoon on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays. Mercat de Sant Antoni on Sunday mornings has mainly books, but there are 3 or 4 record guys. Next to the Columbus statue in the Port there is also an antique market with one or two record sellers on Sunday (maybe also saturday -?-) morning to late afternoon. The same kind of stuff can be found on the Cathedral's explanade on Thursdays, morning to late afternoon, with one great record stall.

I haven't been at B-Core yet, but knowing the guy, I guess it must be a good store.

There is a record fair at the Estació del Nord this weekend. I guess you won't catch it if you come in two weeks, but maybe someone didn't know.

I remember when there used to be around 20 record stores in  the Tallers area (OK, some shitty ones, too). Times have really changed for worse.

Anyway, I hope this info helps. Google will help you with proper addresses, etc. Have fun!

• April 30, 2012 12:02 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hi there!

Those stores joanca told you are my faves too.

But i'd like to add B-core records. B-core is a seminal HC label from the city and now they finally have a store in Montmany, 25, in the district of Gracia.

And next to Daily Records is Kebra Discs. Since 1984 delivering all kind of good music.

• April 30, 2012 10:33 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Right, check Wah-Wah's picture in the mag, a lot of stuff in a small space...

If you need anything else on BCN just drop a line. I'll do my best : )

Cheers!

• April 30, 2012 10:03 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

That's perfect joanca, cheers. Visiting for work and hoping to get a little spare time to browse! I've heard of Wah-Wah, they were mentioned in Shindig magazine this month.

• April 30, 2012 9:56 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

These are my faves: (you'll easily find their location with Google). Are you looking for something concrete?

Discos Juandó

Daily Records

Revolver

Wah-Wah

(jazz): Jazz Messengers

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel