Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Regional Forums Continental U.S.
  • Topic: Moving to St. Paul in June... Any suggestions?

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • May 13, 2012 12:35 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hey. I've been living (mostly) in Western Mass. for the past 10 years, and I'll be moving to St. Paul, MN next month. If anybody from the area has suggestions on cool places for rock shows, dive bars, fun bands, or anything else for that matter, that would be awesome.

Thanks, Bill.

• December 2, 2012 1:42 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Bayport BBQ in Bayport, MN. Chris Johnson is the owner, who created the Deep Blues Festival. The food is great and he has many artists come through. Check it out.

• May 22, 2012 1:16 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

My pleasure Bill!

The Violent SHifters just recorded (or are in the process of recording) our first full-length over the weekend and will be playing some shows in June, which I will let you know!

Thanks,

Erik

Evil Bill said:

Hey Evil Erik,

Thanks for the list of bands and the links. I'll be checking them out for sure. Sounds like there's a good scene in the Twin Cities. Can't wait...

Hope to see you out as well. Keep me posted on when The Violent SHIfters are playing.

Much appreciated,

Bill.

evil erik said:

Hey Evil Bill,

There is definitely no shortage of killer bands too!  Here is a list of Twin Cities bands that you might dig: The Shockers, L'Assassins, Fuck Knights, Sex Rays, 99ers and my band The Violent SHIfters, to name just a few!  There are shows almost every day of the week, which is almost too much at times!  I hope to see ya out some time!

Here are a few links to some local online sites:

TC PUNK

Twin Cities Rockabilly

Twin Cities Hardcore

Cheers!

erik

• May 21, 2012 8:22 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hey Evil Erik,

Thanks for the list of bands and the links. I'll be checking them out for sure. Sounds like there's a good scene in the Twin Cities. Can't wait...

Hope to see you out as well. Keep me posted on when The Violent SHIfters are playing.

Much appreciated,

Bill.

evil erik said:

Hey Evil Bill,

There is definitely no shortage of killer bands too!  Here is a list of Twin Cities bands that you might dig: The Shockers, L'Assassins, Fuck Knights, Sex Rays, 99ers and my band The Violent SHIfters, to name just a few!  There are shows almost every day of the week, which is almost too much at times!  I hope to see ya out some time!

TC PUNK

Twin Cities Rockabilly

Twin Cities Hardcore

Cheers!

erik

• May 15, 2012 8:44 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hey Evil Bill,

TC PUNK

Twin Cities Rockabilly

Twin Cities Hardcore

Cheers!

erik

• May 15, 2012 1:26 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

cool, sounds good

Evil Bill said:

Hey Steve,

Yeah, that's really helpful. Thanks a bunch.

I've heard good things about the Turf Club, but I hadn't heard of any of the places in Mpls you mentioned. Thanks for all the tips on record stores and food too.

And, yeah, I'll send you a message when I get out there. How bout starting with happy hour at the Turf Club?

Much appreciated. Bill.

Steven Madson said:

Hey bill, thanks for thee add. I live in midway/miriam park St. Paul and I think its my favorite neighborhood in the cities, pretty laidback. Here's a list of my favorite haunts and are places I'd recommend checking out. Venues: Turf club in St. Paul is the best rock n' roll venue and a great place for happy hour, in Mpls the Hexagon bar, Triple Rock Social Club, Lees Liquor lounge, and Memory Lanes are the best venues and good places to drink/hangout. Record stores: Hymies vintage records, treehouse records, extreme noise and cheapo records. Good eats in St. Paul; Blue door pub, the Nook, Mickeys diner, Dari-ette drive in, Dig Daddys bbq, Lee and Dees bbb. In Mpls: the Weinery is awesome also Matts bar for juicy lucys, Triple Rock, are my faves, tons of restaurants downtown and in Uptown, the Midtown global market is awesome and has a bunch of restaurants and food stalls, check out east lake street in minneapolis for killer mexican food. 

Anyway, hope this is helpful, hit me up when you get here if you want someone to show you around a little. Cheers!

Steve

• May 14, 2012 6:56 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hey Steve,

Yeah, that's really helpful. Thanks a bunch.

I've heard good things about the Turf Club, but I hadn't heard of any of the places in Mpls you mentioned. Thanks for all the tips on record stores and food too.

And, yeah, I'll send you a message when I get out there. How bout starting with happy hour at the Turf Club?

Much appreciated. Bill.

Steven Madson said:

Hey bill, thanks for thee add. I live in midway/miriam park St. Paul and I think its my favorite neighborhood in the cities, pretty laidback. Here's a list of my favorite haunts and are places I'd recommend checking out. Venues: Turf club in St. Paul is the best rock n' roll venue and a great place for happy hour, in Mpls the Hexagon bar, Triple Rock Social Club, Lees Liquor lounge, and Memory Lanes are the best venues and good places to drink/hangout. Record stores: Hymies vintage records, treehouse records, extreme noise and cheapo records. Good eats in St. Paul; Blue door pub, the Nook, Mickeys diner, Dari-ette drive in, Dig Daddys bbq, Lee and Dees bbb. In Mpls: the Weinery is awesome also Matts bar for juicy lucys, Triple Rock, are my faves, tons of restaurants downtown and in Uptown, the Midtown global market is awesome and has a bunch of restaurants and food stalls, check out east lake street in minneapolis for killer mexican food. 

Anyway, hope this is helpful, hit me up when you get here if you want someone to show you around a little. Cheers!

Steve

• May 14, 2012 6:34 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hey Sam!

Yeah, I have a place to move into in St. Paul for June, with a friend who's been living there a couple years.

Thanks for the link and the good wishes. Maybe I'll run into you out there; feel free to send me a message too.

Thanks again. Bill.

Sam Danger said:

Hey Bill!

I just moved to Minneapolis a couple weeks ago, after living most my life in Seattle. So far I love it! I was just in St Paul last night for : Girls Got Rhythm Festival http://girlsgotrhythmfest.com/ it was pretty rad.

You already got a place in St Paul? Cause if not I might recommend Northeast or Uptown in Minneapolis. In general seems like there is a ton of shit to do in the Twin Cities; and plenty of good record stores and dive bars.

good luck!

• May 14, 2012 2:48 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Steve

• May 13, 2012 4:56 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hey Bill!

I just moved to Minneapolis a couple weeks ago, after living most my life in Seattle. So far I love it! I was just in St Paul last night for : Girls Got Rhythm Festival http://girlsgotrhythmfest.com/ it was pretty rad.

You already got a place in St Paul? Cause if not I might recommend Northeast or Uptown in Minneapolis. In general seems like there is a ton of shit to do in the Twin Cities; and plenty of good record stores and dive bars.

good luck!

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel