Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves The Lounge
  • Topic: Portable Turntables

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • May 30, 2012 10:26 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

so do any of you weirdos have a portable turntable? i was thinkin it'd be fun to get one for the backyard since summer's here and it's grillin' season and i get tired of the radio and and and......i just think it'd be bitchen to have a portable turntable to play 45s outside, i'm sorry.

Needle Doctor sells some:

http://www.needledoctor.com/Online-Store/Portable-Turntables

i also heard that the Columbia GP-3 is a keeper (battery powered, too!).

whatcha got? anything good on this?

• June 11, 2012 7:21 PM CDT
    • Untitled

Yeah, that's what I was going to say. I have two old school phonographs that I got at garage sales for like $4 or something, and they're nice n' loiud and sound great. They play 78s, too.

• June 7, 2012 10:38 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Behringer VMX 300...not really practical for outdoor BBQ's, but perfect for podcasters.  It's perfect for parties where all my friends can pretty much use it...record our drunken mixes and go home with a souvenir.

• June 3, 2012 12:46 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I use the Numark PT-01USB and really dig it.  I like for record shows and recording vinyl.  Uses battery or A/C power.  It also has RCA outputs if you'd rather not use the built in speaker.  Very eay to find online (Ebay, Amazon et. al)

http://www.numark.com/product/pt01usb

• June 2, 2012 11:38 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I have a Numark pt-01 and I really like it, sounds decent, and you can hook up a couple of computer speakers in the headphone jack if you want, also can run on batteries, and for 100$ its not too pricy

• June 2, 2012 6:59 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I have the Crosley CR-40 and it has no automatic cut off. 

It's not great, but it's fairly inexpensive and I figured if I'm going to be using it as a portable and it's gonna be getting banged around and stuff, what's the point of spending a lot? 

It's not too loud, but you can attach it to external speakers.  I would never suggest it to a serious audiophile though.  It has zero extras.  It's just something convenient to carry from room to room.  You gotta plug it in.  I like it for what it is, a cheap portable that I don't have to worry about abusing. 

Ken said:

The only advice I have is NOT to get one of the cheapo Crosley deals they sell at Target, walmart, et. al.  Especially if you plan on playing 45s.  They have this annoying auto-stop function that normally cuts of a 7"er at about the Two and a half minute mark.

• June 2, 2012 1:46 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

yup, this.

or, burn all your vinyl to mp3's, load up an iPod, and voila - you have a dj taking care of tunes while you get to sit back & stuff your face with burgers.

Mike Humsgreen said:

Get a ghetto blaster, nobody misses tapes and they still look kick arse.

• June 2, 2012 4:38 AM CDT
    • Untitled

An arty picture frame shop on my street wanted to display a Nancy Sinatra 7" framed in the window. It lasted one day before it had melted into some weird sculpture. Ooops

Get a ghetto blaster, nobody misses tapes and they still look kick arse.

Jessy Drastic said:

i know. :( but i also know that the records i would even want to spin at a bbq are ones i didn't just pay $1 for.. and if something sat in the sun, or had beer spilled on it - it would be total suck-b-que city..

• June 1, 2012 8:46 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

i know. :( but i also know that the records i would even want to spin at a bbq are ones i didn't just pay $1 for.. and if something sat in the sun, or had beer spilled on it - it would be total suck-b-que city..

something like that would be awesome though, like. a guy, and a gal... on a rooftop... a bunch of sweet ass records, and a bottle of cheap wine, and a bit of good weed, and ... oh shit, what were we talking about again..? 

TeenFink said:

party pooper.

• June 1, 2012 10:13 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

The only advice I have is NOT to get one of the cheapo Crosley deals they sell at Target, walmart, et. al.  Especially if you plan on playing 45s.  They have this annoying auto-stop function that normally cuts of a 7"er at about the Two and a half minute mark.

• June 1, 2012 9:46 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

party pooper.

Jessy Drastic said:

they are cool, but not so practical.

not only do bbq sauce & vinyl not mix, it's a real pain in the ass to flip records AND burgers at the same time.

• May 31, 2012 10:03 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

they are cool, but not so practical.

not only do bbq sauce & vinyl not mix, it's a real pain in the ass to flip records AND burgers at the same time.

• May 31, 2012 12:45 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

That little Japanese thing looks pretty badass. But is it loud enough?

BTW, when I was a kid, I had one of those round transistor radios you can see in the background in that video. Mine was green. It's long gone.

"Go read a book and flunk a test." -Iggy

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel