Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Heard the new GUITAR WOLF album yet?

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • April 25, 2013 1:03 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Our all top howlers GUITAR WOLF have released a new album in Japan in March, called BEAST VIBRATOR (cover above), with an international version in the pipes to follow on May 31st. Extensive touring is also on for Europe, which is great news. Has anyone had the chance to listen to the japanese version?

Seji started a funny thing called "SEJI TV" on their Shmucktube channel, in addition to his SEJI's VOICE feature on the website. All in japanese as of now and oddly not viewable outside of Japan, along with what looks like some promo videos for the new stuff.

Here for the stir

• July 9, 2013 10:28 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Oh yeah, I like the concept of a GPH-Mob -headed by the "she-wolf"- invading the backstage! ...you already got the connection! hehehe

did you sent them a link? good idea to promote the hideout!

Tersicore said:

speaking of which, i wish we could once build a pack for the next Europe-tour and go together as a GPH-Mob, possibly even hang out backstage, wouldn´t be great? ;)

• July 9, 2013 6:14 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Like your pics too!
      I´m not a year-long-fan as you but they got me now! still beaming as well! They´re a Bullet!
      Couldn´t follow the Guitar Wolf cinema unfortunately but i will next time in a better venue.
      speaking of which, i wish we could once build a pack for the next Europe-tour and go together as a GPH-Mob, possibly even hang out backstage, wouldn´t be great? ;)

IDON MINE said:

Hahaha, very nice!

Cool pictures, thanks! Looks like a lotta fun there! Hope the Rawk'N'Roll body aches of today flee fast.

Yeah, believe it or not, I'm still beaming from this show, they have tremendous energy! They are a fuckin unit, hittin you like a lightning bolt of good times! Played all the classics, I flipped when WILD ZERO came on. The intro videos (aka Guitar Wolf cinema), were nice too. I liked the caged Beast scene at the end, right before they entered the stage. Good metaphor.

Sorrily I didn't get to hang out for long afterwards, the venue is a bit out of town and subways don't go after 12.30........... but it was great to see them for sure. I had a 50/50 chance of seeing them in Munich the next day, but it couldn't be done, eh, next time.

Tersicore said:

ha ha, just AWESOME!!

I didn´t enjoy much the first half gig really, since the space was slander, low-ceilinged and crowded. Personally i actually need to be downstage to savor a gig. Half a concert was done as Guitar Wolf started to complain a bit about the audience (at least i believe but not sure, i was already Jolly!;), later on started to play tennis with his guitar chord (the balls sounded so heavy, at first i thought he´s shooting billiard balls). Anyhow slowly some people left and so i finally decided to go in front to enjoy the wolves....other freaks did the same. It went better and better... 
      The end part of the concert was simply fantastic! Seiji was a water fountain himself but he had a better mood and was funny. After we the crow called for more, (a couple of times) they enchore with different great songs one of which, I love you ok, was fucking awesome!!  I got convinced (but i was pretty drunk by the time) it wasn´t Guitar Wolf singing, but The King himself!! I freaked out!! :D
      here some pics of mine..
      TORU

U G

SEIJI

:)

i love those pics!

after the great gig it got wicked! been invited to stay backstage with them and we all had so much fun!! we smoked, drunk and kid around for hours!! Actually till they left for a sleep and than to Hamburg. Despite of communication difficulties all the people there gel on well and we had such a nice time!! They are fantastic persons and funny too!
      I do have now an awesome guitar wolf´s guitar pick! Looks beautifull! :)
      I really had a great night!! I love them! I love Japanese!! This band rules!

ok, i post a pic of me with them ;D

...please Idon, don´t even mention sundays! OUCH!!  ;D

• July 8, 2013 5:08 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

"ÄäähH?? Whatz did ya say??? TINNIWHAT??  I CAN´T HEAR YOU!!!

:D hahaha, no, no need for whistle. I´m a she-wolf myself and felt really confortable! ;) "

by the way, just got a mail from one of them and a new pic. :)
      I think i´ll send the link of this thread so they may have a look in hier. :)

Doc Phibes said:

whooo, too bad that we were leaving right after the show to get some fresh air and ear treatment for tinnitus - backstage with the wolves - that's great!

did they hand you a whistle to blow if you're ever in trouble??? :D

Tersicore said:

after the great gig it got wicked! been invited to stay backstage with them and we all had so much fun!! we smoked, drunk and kid around for hours!! Actually till they left for a sleep and than to Hamburg. Despite of communication difficulties all the people there gel on well and we had such a nice time!! They are fantastic persons and funny too!

• July 8, 2013 4:49 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Cool pics as well!! I missed to snap the Ad at the entrance... nice!

(I didn´t get Seiji's crowdsurfin'... actually not the best venue for it!)

Doc Phibes said:

yeah, totally agree with Tersicores report - despite of the poor location it was an AWESOME GIG! real fun!!! my friend Jana shot some cool pix...

crowdsurfin' Seiji's scratching the ceiling...

ROCK'N'ROLL LICENCE!

Tersicore said:

ha ha, just AWESOME!!

I didn´t enjoy much the first half gig really, since the space was slander, low-ceilinged and crowded. Personally i actually need to be downstage to savor a gig. Half a concert was done as Guitar Wolf started to complain a bit about the audience (at least i believe but not sure, i was already Jolly!;), later on started to play tennis with his guitar chord (the balls sounded so heavy, at first i thought he´s shooting billiard balls). Anyhow slowly some people left and so i finally decided to go in front to enjoy the wolves....other freaks did the same. It went better and better... 
      The end part of the concert was simply fantastic! Seiji was a water fountain himself but he had a better mood and was funny. After we the crow called for more, (a couple of times) they enchore with different great songs one of which, I love you ok, was fucking awesome!!  I got convinced (but i was pretty drunk by the time) it wasn´t Guitar Wolf singing, but The King himself!! I freaked out!! :D

• July 8, 2013 4:08 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

whooo, too bad that we were leaving right after the show to get some fresh air and ear treatment for tinnitus - backstage with the wolves - that's great!

did they hand you a whistle to blow if you're ever in trouble??? :D

Tersicore said:

• July 8, 2013 3:55 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

yeah, totally agree with Tersicores report - despite of the poor location it was an AWESOME GIG! real fun!!! my friend Jana shot some cool pix...

crowdsurfin' Seiji's scratching the ceiling...

ROCK'N'ROLL LICENCE!

Tersicore said:

ha ha, just AWESOME!!

• July 7, 2013 3:32 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hahaha, very nice!

Cool pictures, thanks! Looks like a lotta fun there! Hope the Rawk'N'Roll body aches of today flee fast.

Yeah, believe it or not, I'm still beaming from this show, they have tremendous energy! They are a fuckin unit, hittin you like a lightning bolt of good times! Played all the classics, I flipped when WILD ZERO came on. The intro videos (aka Guitar Wolf cinema), were nice too. I liked the caged Beast scene at the end, right before they entered the stage. Good metaphor.

Sorrily I didn't get to hang out for long afterwards, the venue is a bit out of town and subways don't go after 12.30........... but it was great to see them for sure. I had a 50/50 chance of seeing them in Munich the next day, but it couldn't be done, eh, next time.

Tersicore said:

ha ha, just AWESOME!!

here some pics of mine..
      TORU

U G

SEIJI

i love those pics!

Here for the stir

• July 7, 2013 12:33 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

ha ha, just AWESOME!!

here some pics of mine..
      TORU
      U G
      SEIJI
      i love those pics!

IDON MINE said:

Cool, let us know how you been at the White Trash!

+ Just wait how will feel on Sunday, haha.

Doc Phibes said:

Yeah, got my tickets - can't hardly wait till saturday!

in anticipation I had to watch "Wild Zero" yesterday - today fighting with a massive hangover at work - eehh, but that's rock'n'roll, right?! - always willing to pay the prize!

Tersicore said:

Yeah! He´s coming to Europe!! 
      Looking forward to see him in Berlin! :)

• July 4, 2013 9:13 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Cool, let us know how you been at the White Trash!

+ Just wait how will feel on Sunday, haha.

Doc Phibes said:

in anticipation I had to watch "Wild Zero" yesterday - today fighting with a massive hangover at work - eehh, but that's rock'n'roll, right?! - always willing to pay the prize!

Tersicore said:

Here for the stir

• July 4, 2013 6:13 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Tersicore said:

• July 2, 2013 6:28 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

AND Seiji called WILD EVEL of Staggers and Trashbones fame Rod Steward, haha! Sorry Evel, just had to spread the gossip ;)

Here for the stir

• July 2, 2013 6:26 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hey man, looking great and you took the price with the guitar play! They didn't do that this time, but we had a BATTIN' CENTER action goin on with Guitar Wolf softballs bein' whipped by Seiji's Guitar, haha! They also blew the horn for "Nobunaga Magma" and played "I love you ok" way after the lights went on. Damn, whutta show... Pretty GRRRRRREAT! 

HERE's some shots by me:

BEAST VIBRATOR!

GONER!

TOO FAST TO PICTURE!

Playing I LOVE YOU OK!

Last Night said:

ok GW played Gibus in Paris (famous club, home of johnny thunders back then...), two weeks ago ! Best show i saw , but maybe because i finally manage to get on stage when Seiji pass his guitar to the audience ! 10years i ve been trying to do so !   They went to Pigalle afterwards to drink wine and eat with Jon Von, but i didn't , had to work in the morning ! 

New record is brillant ! more mid tempo songs but still aggressive !

http://youtu.be/sGJM-c86v0k

Here for the stir

• June 28, 2013 6:49 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

ok GW played Gibus in Paris (famous club, home of johnny thunders back then...), two weeks ago ! Best show i saw , but maybe because i finally manage to get on stage when Seiji pass his guitar to the audience ! 10years i ve been trying to do so !   They went to Pigalle afterwards to drink wine and eat with Jon Von, but i didn't , had to work in the morning ! 

New record is brillant ! more mid tempo songs but still aggressive !

http://youtu.be/sGJM-c86v0k

• June 27, 2013 9:49 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

They rock!!
    • June 27, 2013 3:47 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Alright, anyone want to post some details/pictures/stories from the shows of this Guitar Wolf tour you've been to?

Here for the stir

• June 14, 2013 4:42 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Sounds amazing and they're hitting Santander on Sunday. 

Can't wait!!!

• June 3, 2013 12:30 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

In Vienna in one month, can't wait for that!

ALSO: "BEAST VIBRATOR" video (Head... explodes....!!):

Last Night said:

aaaahh ! i like what i read ! 

In Paris in 2 weeks !

IDON MINE said:

Alright, played it and it KILLS! Could not have asked for more, but eh, quite impossible to disappoint me if you're Guitar Wolf, haha.

If reference is needed, it has all the good GW stuff in it: The rawcut songs of JET GENERATION and the comicbook tales of the likes of UFO ROMANTICS, topped of with that sweet feedback noise gravy. The cleaner sounds of later albums have been taken back a bit. Songwise, here's some jump in points for ya, should need arise: Ghostly you, robot maria, magma nobunaga, earth vs alien & Female Machine gun.

Here for the stir

• June 3, 2013 12:28 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

TRUE!

Mike said:

As he did on the last LP cover too. In fact I think he's wearing one every time I see them or a photo of them these days. They were the first Goner release too.

IDON MINE said:

All that AND he's wearing a GONER records shirt on the cover!

Here for the stir

• May 31, 2013 4:54 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

aaaahh ! i like what i read ! 

In Paris in 2 weeks !

IDON MINE said:

Alright, played it and it KILLS! Could not have asked for more, but eh, quite impossible to disappoint me if you're Guitar Wolf, haha.

If reference is needed, it has all the good GW stuff in it: The rawcut songs of JET GENERATION and the comicbook tales of the likes of UFO ROMANTICS, topped of with that sweet feedback noise gravy. The cleaner sounds of later albums have been taken back a bit. Songwise, here's some jump in points for ya, should need arise: Ghostly you, robot maria, magma nobunaga, earth vs alien & Female Machine gun.
    • May 31, 2013 4:12 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Here for the stir

• May 8, 2013 7:11 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

• May 7, 2013 2:00 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I'd punch someone in the face to hear this! UFO Romantics is the most recent release I have. 

• May 6, 2013 4:18 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

As he did on the last LP cover too. In fact I think he's wearing one every time I see them or a photo of them these days. They were the first Goner release too.

IDON MINE said:

All that AND he's wearing a GONER records shirt on the cover!

• April 29, 2013 4:41 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

can't wait to hear. love these guys. I got Guitar Wolf tattoo.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel