Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves The Lounge
  • Topic: Obama or Romney who is better?

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • June 20, 2012 3:01 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

With the corporate media i.e. Fox and MSNBC in full campaign mode, and with only mere 140 or so days before we go to the polls, who is the better choice?  Romney the flip flopper who can't seem to take a real stand on an issue. Or Obama the one who has in 3 years taking this country a direction where I can only describe as better than when Bush left it.  I will point out that Obama has broken some promises to us, by not closing Gitmo like he said and basically keeping the Bush tax cuts.  But lately the presidents stance on gay marriage and allowing those illegal immigrants who came here when they were young, under 30 and are contributing to society to stay.  Maybe he's trying to shore up the gay and Hispanic vote, but then again it's not like the Republicans are doing anything about it.  They the Repubs are so focused on taking a women rights away with abortion banning bills, instead of focusing on the real task at hand, getting Americans jobs and keeping American jobs here.  Romney on the other hand hasn't given Americans anything that is worth listening to.  Every speech he has given is so vague and full of misleading "facts" that it reminds me of that jerk off Dewey. He was so vague in his speeches, Americans bought into his lies.  I can give you two examples of Romney missing the chance to make history.  One is non answer to The Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act of 2009 which grants women equal pay for equal work, and second is non answer to the immigration policy shift.  Then again Romney is in favor of illegals to self deport.   So as the campaigns whine down and the power to vote is in your hands.  Ask yourself this if you want 4 years of progress or 4 years of Bush part two?  The choice is yours. What say you?

• October 1, 2012 7:38 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Obama

• June 20, 2012 10:46 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        1 0

Untitled

I will take Obama over Romney. But, only because that's our only choice in this democracy. in the defense budget of Dec 31 of 2011, Obama "reluctantly" allowed a provision within the bill to pass, which would allow the U.S. government to pick up any persons anywhere in the world (including U.S. citizens) who are suspected of "terrorism" and detain them indefinitely without due trail. Pretty scary to think about. Look out Occupy __. Not that we haven't already been doing it, but now it's legal! Plus his massive drone attacks in sovereign nations, which have killed multiple civilians. Started by the bush admin but amplified by Obama's. But now that he redefined basically any male with in the vicinity or somebody on his KILL LIST as a terrorist, it should cut down on the civilian casualties. Plus it eases the burden of sending them to GITMO.

So, yeah a good president? Hardly not, but as bad as Bush or Romney, nah. Not much of a difference though. I think this election is going to come down to whoever has the biggest sooooooper pack.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel