Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves The Lounge
  • Topic: Zombie Fete

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • July 19, 2012 4:09 PM CDT
    • Untitled

Zombie Fete here

I'm afraid that the facebook page was the only link I could get. But this looks fucking awesome I had to share it. A zombie festival with movies and workshops. I'm debating about whether I could make it down from Blackpool from the Rebellion Festival in time to catch the last day. Hmmm so tempting. This is from the facebook page:

When there’s no more room in HELL, the dead will walk… up the escalator at Angel Islington, turn left, left again and head for the Islington Metal Works.

Zombie Fete
      Amy Grimehouse presents the Zombie Fete: a 12 hour homage to all things undead, from George A. Romero to Buffy, Zombieland and beyond. It’s like a regular fete, but X-rated, uncut, with bloodier bunting and more detached body parts. Eyes down for a Lucio Fulci full house!

Get your ghoul on, practise your best wonky stagger, lose a limb and get legless at this one-off, round-the-clock party in celebration of all things undead. Channel your favourite classic zombie or dig up a deceased pop or fashion icon. Dress up is ESSENTIAL. Dead royalty will be in attendance for a bit of ribbon cutting…

Fete highlights include:

Back to back 12 hour Zombie Movie Marathon

Learn how to get your gash good and bloody with an SFX makeup tutorial.

Rip your art out and throw it at the wall: Zombie art therapy and living dead drawing.

Dead flower arranging: Floral tributes direct from The Living Dead at the Manchester Morgue.

Children Shouldn’t Play With Dead Things, but there’ll be plenty of zombie games with prizes. And stuff.

Check out the fiercely ruling zombie walk-off and beauty contest for crypt-kicking reading and realness. Throw some shade. Or a half gnawed forearm.

Explore your inner zombie with an acting workshop.

Buckets of blood, gore and utterly delicious food to make those on a raw-organ diet green eyed with envy.

Booze! Booze! Booze!

And… the funk of forty thousand years: The Back from the Dead Disco, with recently reanimated DJs Victoria & Albert and Goryia Estefan, playing trash, alternative and loads of other stuff by your favourite dead and not-dead-yet stars. Some stuff you know and love, some stuff you can’t quite put your severed finger on, but will dance to anyway.

“They’re coming to get you Barbara!!!...”

TICKETS £15
      (early bird tickets are now sold out)
      www.wegottickets.com/amygrimehouse

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel