Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves The Lounge
  • Topic: Alternative Scouting Program (Better than BSA!)

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • August 31, 2012 11:05 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I'm sure I'm not alone here in liking the idea of scouting but being completely unhappy with the discriminatory policies of the Boy Scouts of America. Am I right? If so, then the Baden-Powell Service Association (BPSA) might just be for you!

The BPSA offers a choice for those with curiosity, energy and independence of spirit. We are committed to providing an appropriate alternative and community-oriented Scouting experience. BPSA welcomes everyone, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion (or no-religion) or other differentiating factors. Our mission is to provide a positive learning environment within the context of democratic participation and social justice. We foster the development of Scouts in an environment of mutual respect and cooperation.

The Goal: Scouting for Everyone!

It's that simple.

The BPSA offers a traditional ("back to basics") Scouting program for youth and adults, girls and boys, men and women with open and progressive membership policies that disallow any and all discrimination.

We believe the youth of our country need a Scouting program today that reflects the progressive, open and tolerant values we hold as a nation. An alternative program that keeps to the aims, methods and teachings of Scouting's founder, Lord Robert Baden-Powell, and that offers a program of progressive training in Scoutcraft/Outdoor skills and teaches service over self to ALL boys and girls, men and women. BPSA's mantra is "Scouting for Everyone!"

The BPSA is looking to expand all across the USA. They'd like to invite anyone curious about their program to check out their website for more information and resources about starting a group in your area: http://bpsa-us.org or by calling (636) 542-8855.

The BPSA is also on Facebook, Google+, and Twitter. Follow them!

Feel free to tell your friends about us, too.

Thanks!

"Go read a book and flunk a test." -Iggy

• September 25, 2012 6:08 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

sounds good! but, as I live in holland, not for me ;)

I will def repost this to some of my american friends..

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel