Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Regional Forums Canada
  • Topic: Raymond Pettibon Exhibit in London Ontario...

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • September 17, 2012 11:51 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

As i get older, i find i'm spending more time in art galleries and starting to appreciate some art....but i still live by Lux's view of art...'I don't know about art, but I know what I like. I'll be surfing on the swamp on a saturday night" . And i imagine that many of you garagepunkers here on the hideout might share Lux's view.

But here's some art and an exhibit that you might appreciate. It's right here in sleepy London Ontario, about 200 cornfields west of Toronto. It's an exhibit by Raymond Pettibon, brother of Gregg Ginn of Black Flag. Raymond is the guy behind the scenes who created the iconic Black Flag logo that has been 'borrowed' by many. It's the 4 vertical black bars...you've all seen it. Raymond also did TONS of punk posters, LP covers, fliers etc back in the day.

The exhibit is here in sleepy London Ontario at the McIntosh Gallery: September 27 – November 3.

The McIntosh Gallery is located inconveniently on the Western University campus at the north end of town. If you're coming from out of town for this one, it would be best to come on the weekend when there are fewer students on campus.

Opening night gala happens Thursday Sept 27th, right as Radio What Wave ends for the evening (7:30 PM EST) and we blast from the Western University campus...someone musta planned that just for me!!!! Fuck, might even have a TV Party that night!! Or better yet a 6 Pack!!!

Here's some details for ya:

http://graphicundergroundlondon.ca/events/raymond-pettibon

And even more details and pics for your enjoyment:

http://curatorsintl.org/exhibitions/raymond_pettibon_the_punk_years_1978-86

• October 8, 2012 8:35 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Here's a shitty  pic of part of the zines portion of the display

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel