Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: London's Vinyl-Only Record Library

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • October 31, 2013 11:49 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Anyone visited this place yet?

They had a bit of buzz going when they launched a few months ago, but there hasn't been much talk since then. Has anyone been there that cares to post a review of the place or share their experience? Their Facebook page talks a lot about their radio show and film screenings and DJ lessons for the kids; but I'm wondering about the records, of course....

Is it a good collection (both selection & condition)? Are they courting all genres? All formats (like 78 rpm and obscure old 45s)? Do their members take care of the records they borrow (or will their stock be destroyed in a year)? What's the perception from the locals: does the library have staying-power? How big is it? Is it run by people who actually know their way around the history of music on record (now over 135 years and counting)? Is it just piles of unplayable or unwanted junk that belongs in the trash? etc.

I like the idea a lot, but it seems like one of those things that could either be really cool or really disappointing. Just wondering what any visitors might have thought of the place. Since I'm 5,000 miles away, I might never get to see it (been to London once, and if I'm lucky I might get to go again sometime before I die).

If you have no idea what I'm talking about, you can check out their Facebook page here, or hit up the search engines for various press articles and blog posts.

If you live in or near London, you can find them here: Unit 1 Foulden Road, Stoke Newington, N16 7UR, London

Would love to hear a first-hand experience from a fellow vinyl junkie!

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel