Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Medway Scene

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • October 6, 2012 11:53 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hello,

I'm trying to write a short history of the Medway scene and the bands involved (The Milkshakes, Armitage Shanks etc). If anyone was involved or just loves the music and knows a bit about it I'd be really grateful of any info passed my way.

Cheers.

• November 15, 2012 6:26 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Cheers, I'm glad you think so. Sorry, didn't want you to think I was rushing you or anything! Thanks again.

• November 15, 2012 6:14 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hello Adam,

I haven't forgotten, just been busy for the last couple of weeks. Your questions deserve a bit of time spent on them so I don't want to just knock out a few token answers. I want to make it worth your while!

• November 14, 2012 10:59 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hey Allan, I was just wondering if you managed to do those questions? No worries if your too busy though, of course! Cheers

• October 18, 2012 7:24 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Woops... wrong address, sorry. It should be thegalileoseven@hotmail.co.uk

Adam Kemp said:

Hi Allan,

I got some questions ready for you but your email doesn't seem to be working, is there another I could try?

Cheers.
      Allan Crockford said:

Ask away. Come and say hello if you manage to get to our gig on the 27th.

Cheers

Allan

Adam Kemp said:

Hi Allan,

Thanks for getting back to me. So many amazing bands you've been in! I'll get some questions written up and email them to you. I'll try and come see your new band when you play in Dalston too, not too far from where I am.

Cheers

• October 18, 2012 7:19 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hi Allan,

I got some questions ready for you but your email doesn't seem to be working, is there another I could try?

Cheers.
      Allan Crockford said:

Cheers

Allan

Adam Kemp said:

Hi Allan,

Thanks for getting back to me. So many amazing bands you've been in! I'll get some questions written up and email them to you. I'll try and come see your new band when you play in Dalston too, not too far from where I am.

Cheers

• October 18, 2012 6:27 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

That would be so much help, cheers!  I'm gutted I'll never get the chance to see either of those bands, if only I'd been born a few years earlier...

Matt said:

Hey Adam- Yeah, I saw The Buff Medways at Cavestomp 2001 at the Warsaw in Brooklyn.  What a night... just a few weeks after 9/11.  The Buffs were great, obviously.  The Downliners Sect played as well, and the Buffs came back out to sing along to some tracks and shake maracas, etc.  I have some photos, I think (I'll have to get them out of storage).  I saw Thee Headcoats a few years earlier in Manhattan (I've forgotten the venue) The Makers opened up for them.

Yeah, I could scan those zines for ya, in the spirit of research.  Just give me some time to dig 'em up and warm up the scanner! Best, Matt

Adam Kemp said:

So jealous you got to see those bands Matt, especially The Buff Medways. Where did you see them? Do you think there's any chance you could scan the copies of that zine into the computer? I would love to read them and I'm sure they would help. I'd never heard of it before you said.

And Jon, I'm not sure where it'll be available, I've only just started on the project but I'll definitely let you know.

Cheers.

• October 15, 2012 3:19 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Cheers

Allan

Adam Kemp said:

Hi Allan,

Cheers

• October 12, 2012 6:01 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hey Adam- Yeah, I saw The Buff Medways at Cavestomp 2001 at the Warsaw in Brooklyn.  What a night... just a few weeks after 9/11.  The Buffs were great, obviously.  The Downliners Sect played as well, and the Buffs came back out to sing along to some tracks and shake maracas, etc.  I have some photos, I think (I'll have to get them out of storage).  I saw Thee Headcoats a few years earlier in Manhattan (I've forgotten the venue) The Makers opened up for them.

Yeah, I could scan those zines for ya, in the spirit of research.  Just give me some time to dig 'em up and warm up the scanner! Best, Matt

Adam Kemp said:

So jealous you got to see those bands Matt, especially The Buff Medways. Where did you see them? Do you think there's any chance you could scan the copies of that zine into the computer? I would love to read them and I'm sure they would help. I'd never heard of it before you said.

And Jon, I'm not sure where it'll be available, I've only just started on the project but I'll definitely let you know.

Cheers.

• October 11, 2012 2:54 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hi Allan,

Cheers

• October 10, 2012 11:30 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Adam: Please do.

And Allan: Please let us know when your friends' book materialises...

• October 10, 2012 5:47 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hello Adam,

I was in the Prisoners, JTQ, Prime Movers, Headcoats, Solarflares, loads of other Medway bands and currently doing my own thing in The Galileo 7 (new album out now!). I'll do my best to answer any questions about the Medway 'Scene' (or whatever you might call it) you have. A couple of my friends are writing a book about the whole thing and have already started interviewing a few people. No idea when it might materialise though..

You can do it via this thread or write to me at thegalileoseven@hotmail.com if you like.

Cheers

Allan
      www.thegalileo7.co.uk
      www.facebook.com/thegalileo7

• October 10, 2012 4:41 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Cheers.

• October 8, 2012 4:23 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I'd love to read a history of the Medway scene! Where will it be awailable?

• October 7, 2012 1:38 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hey Adam, I love the scene (first heard The Milkshakes in 1986 or so, found out about "the scene" in '88) I've got a big pile of the records and lots of opinions about them.  I have the two issues of "Young Man Afraid Of His Horses" the all Medway 'zine put out by Sean of Vinyl Vaults/Vendetta Records.  I've seen Thee Headcoats and Buff Medways live!  Let me know if I can help at all-Matt

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel