Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Introductions (for newbies)

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • February 23, 2012 10:02 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

hi, just found the site yesterday, really cool place.

I play dirty stripped down garage rock from london.

have a listen if you like

http://youtu.be/QBR-U9RlaLs

http://www.facebook.com/lookoutkinglemon

really into bands like ty segall, thee oh sees king khan black lips etc

although i thinking of starting a campaign stopping bands from coming up with names that begin with the word black. it is so over used - black lips, black angels, black flag, black rebel motorcycle club, black manila, black keys,

if anyone has any others please add. i wanna try and find out how many original rock bands there are out there with 50% of the same name

cheers

• February 23, 2012 6:59 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hey Dave,

Love the comics you mentioned! The souds and flicks too... but that, goes without saying ;)

dave said:

Hi gang, I'm Dave, 47, and I live in Portland, Oregon.

I love loud, rude music of all kinds- R&B, Rockabilly, 60s Punk, Freakbeat, Aussie punk, etc.,

as well as smoother stuff like soul, ska/rocksteady, triphop, and more... What I'm guessing most of y'all like, too.

Love indie comics like the Hernandez Bros. Love and Rockets, Peter Bagge's Hate, Roberta Gregory's Naughty Bits...

Dark and quirky movies like The Loved One, Ghost World, Quadrophenia...

I don't see shows anymore, but love finding new music and like-minded souls here,

Cheers to you all, Dave

Here for the stir

• February 23, 2012 3:26 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

The Loved One! You're talking about the B&W late '60s movie with the great Jonathan Winters, Rod Steiger right? One of my favorites too.

"Mama's little Joyboy has piggy piggy, Mamma's little Joyboy has piggy for mom ..."

dave said:

I love loud, rude music of all kinds- R&B, Rockabilly, 60s Punk, Freakbeat, Aussie punk, etc.,

as well as smoother stuff like soul, ska/rocksteady, triphop, and more... What I'm guessing most of y'all like, too.

Love indie comics like the Hernandez Bros. Love and Rockets, Peter Bagge's Hate, Roberta Gregory's Naughty Bits...

I don't see shows anymore, but love finding new music and like-minded souls here,

Cheers to you all, Dave

• February 22, 2012 4:09 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Cheers to you all, Dave

• February 22, 2012 3:56 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hey, Missy, welcome! Sounds like you had a blast in Paris (who wouldn't, right?)! Nottingham sounds intrigueing, are the X-rays still around? Also, just found this yesterday-Jerry's Kids - Spymaster

Best, Dave

Missy Tassles said:

I may as well pitch in - I've been a garage/punk/surf/psych fan for about 15 years now, live in the North of England and love THe Creation, Love, The Seeds, The Monks, Count Five, Nuggets, Billy CHildish, blah blah blah. I also love surf punk, and am amassing a large exotica collection also!

I'm into film also - Mondo movies, 60s psych/B movies, French new wave, Comic books, and I make a lot of my own clothes these days (since vintage prices have shot up lately!).

I went to Paris last week and spent too much money in Born Bad records, and looking forward to going to the Blast Off festival in Nottingham with my husband later this year!
    • February 21, 2012 10:08 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hi everyone! We're The Pygmies from Calgary Alberta. Love this site, so many great bands!!

Feel free to check out some songs on our profile

• February 21, 2012 12:16 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

And now that I've learn how to use this site better I've also update my profile so you can listen to The Mighties' music without going away from this wonderful website...thanks for your patience. 

• February 21, 2012 11:49 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hello to everybody, I'm Bernardo from THE MIGHTIES, an italian garage rock band who has just release a new Ep called "Misty Lame"..please check our Myspacefacebook or LastFm page (I fuckin love Last Fm!!) and tell us if we're ugly as we think ;-) ..oh yes, we also have Reverbnation and Twitter..so many networks dudes!

• February 18, 2012 5:11 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hello there everyone! Glad to see you around!!

Here for the stir

• February 14, 2012 2:02 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hey folks,

I'm Doug, a 21 year old student. I play guitar, and drum occasionally. I'm mostly into punk, rock'n'roll, and garage, but I dabble in hardcore. I run a music blog at http://waxtrash.tumblr.com/ - I post reviews and whatever I'm into musically. I'd love to review your band; follow the 'feed me music' link, and I'll be able to get some stuff put up on the blog about you.

• February 8, 2012 4:43 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I'm not really a newbie, I was a long time member of the old forum.  But I am new to the Hideout!  And loving it.   Great site.

• February 6, 2012 7:47 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hey all,

My names Rob, and I'm 41.  Dig all kinds of trash, punk, rawkabilly....I'm from Vegas, and currently playing in the Psyatics: http://www.reverbnation.com/thepsyatics

Previously played in a roots-rock/punk band called Yeller Bellies.

Just a music addict looking to get turned on to new sounds  ;)

• February 6, 2012 10:33 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hi my name is Allister,

Good Question, I find it hard to answer when I started listening to Garage Punk.

I grew up listening to The Sex Pistols, The Stooges, THe Clash, The Kinks etc.. Then I got into The Damned, Teenage Head, Dead Kennedies etc.. in High School.

Maybe 7 years ago I consciously got into the genre known as garage punk!

Like Pat I would like to meet people in real life from the hideout, to shoot the shit, whether it be their show, our show, or a DJ night..

I play in the band Light Bulb Alley! we do shows all over Canada and sometimes New YOrk.. Feel free to add Light Bulb Alley! we are all over the internet.
    • February 6, 2012 12:10 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

hullo dere.
      i'm a 21 year old guy from the coachella valley in california.
      used to be in a psychobilly band (Los Mumblers) & a punk band (Big Lizard), both now defunct. i'm attending college at the moment, majoring in mortuary science. i'm vegetarian. i drink socially and dance like Haze sounds.
      i want to start a new band. a trashy group, you know what i'm saying. but i can't find a soul in this blasted desert. anyway, i like music, books & movies. specifics be damned.
      i hope to become a part of this community.

my facebook - http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1794978032

cheers and steers!

• December 3, 2011 3:48 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Alright folks. The Pulsebeats here. We've loved the podcasts up here for an age and it's about time we jumped fully on board with you all.

Looking forward to it.

Nathan

• November 30, 2011 3:25 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hi everyone ,

I'm Eric from Poitiers (France).

I'm running  "The Go Sound Invasion" radioshow with my friend David for almost 17 years.

Being a teen I listened to shitty music , then a friend introduce me to the Sex Pistols and The Clash: my life changed.

Then I discover Nuggets and Back from the grave etc ......

http://garagepunk.ning.com/profile/THEGOSOUNDINVASION

Glad to be member of the Garagepunk hideout.

Have a nice day.

E.

• November 29, 2011 10:33 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

My name is Jeremy, I'm 37, married, with two bad ass daughters.

I live in a tiny, tiny town in oklahoma.

I play guitar and sing in a band called the Flash Bangs: http://www.facebook.com/theflashbangs

I've been listening to this kind of music for a good long while. I love oldies stations (or loved, I guess, there's not any around here anymore), anything manic and raw, and anything Nuggets-esque. I love talking about music, writing music, recording music, and performing music. I don't like getting into pissing matches with hipsters about obscurities. I like meeting nice people.

I'd love it if there were some adults who liked this kind of rock and roll in the Tulsa area, because I feel like I've already met or are playing with most of them, lol. Look me up on facebook if you are so inclined, and if you've got a garage rock band wanting to do a show in Tulsa, The Flash Bangs would love to have you close for us ;-)

• November 28, 2011 1:06 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hey there, I'm Sam. I'm 31, at least for the time being, and I'm from Western PA, more specifically New Castle (directly east of Youngstown, Ohio). I used to be the singer for a band called Dead City Dealers. I've been writing music and lyrics since I was about 15. I think. I've been in a bunch of bands over the last ten or so years, all of which I was a founding member. They would all either morph into the next band or break up due to someone moving away. The last band I simply left and told them to carry on without me. Now I just record at home when I get the urge.

As well as playing in bands, I've been an internet radio DJ, a promoter, a graphic artist, a critic, and a webzine editor/webmaster. For a straight job, I cook at a college.

I'm into punk music in most of it's forms, and all of the other types of rock 'n roll that lead up to and have influenced it. I used to fancy myself as having a decent body of knowledge when it comes to rock 'n roll and punk rock, specifically '70s punk, but I've come to realize that there's always a lot more out there than what I already am familiar with. I like discovering new stuff. So if you think you've got something for me to hear that you think might be up my alley, let me know.

Other than music, I basically just like watching movies, messing around online, hanging out, enjoying the occasional adult beverage, and good food.

I have a Blogger site, if anyone wants to check it out, and there are links in the left sidebar to other places you can find me. It's http://samsinister.blogspot.com/

• July 25, 2011 12:12 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hi I'm Cyrille, from Montmirail, France. I'm into Honky Tonk, Hellbilly Music, Rockabilly, Old-Time, Bluegrass, Mississippi Hillside Blues, Musique Cadienne et Zarico, Murder & Folks songs, to name a few. By the way, that's my first time in social networking, please be indulgent...
    • July 22, 2011 9:05 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Yo's. Not really new but havn't posted in here yet.I'm Andrew from Melbourne, Australia. Work as a communications technician. I enjoy my folk/psych/garage/hardcore/protopunk/shitgaze/lofi/krautrock/postpunk and so forth. I mostly follow my local scene in Australia...UV Race, Slug Guts, Straight Arrows, Royal Headache etc.
    • August 15, 2013 4:49 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Tersicore said:
      Hello everybody, i´m from Berlin but live in Italy too. 
      I was almost born into music (in the 60es) since my parents were kind of rockabilly and heard to good 50es and 60es stuff. Later on, still a kid, i got to know hard-rock by an uncle and soul and funky-music by another one.

Guess i had luck, nobody around me listened to shitty-music, even my grandparents heard swing or classical music. So at about 13 i started to be attracted by punk-music by myself, then even worst shit like noise, industrial and so on.. :)  Down to the present day i never stop to ear to good stuff, just i don´t like mainstream and hate pop. One of the worst things could happen to me, is to catch a really bad earworm! ;)

i´m glad to be here and guess i´m in good hands

Many new members around but never heard of them..
      This thread seemed to be buried in oblivion, so what about a fresh start?.

• August 15, 2013 8:54 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

29 years old, from Cape Breton Nova Scotia, Canada…lived in Moncton New Brunswick with my wife for 4 years now. Play guitar… in numerous local bands over 12 years now, all garage punk related…including the Teenage Hurricanes, Pushers, Dunce Club, and more recently the Beaten Hearts.

Been into 70’s Punk/Proto/Garage since about age 11. In ‘95 heard Rocket To Russia, instantly became a Ramones fanatic, spent early teens reading rock'n'roll history books, bands that influenced the Ramones, bands the Ramones influenced, their peers, etc…and saving allowances to order new albums.  By 13 I loved Stooges, Mc5, and Black Flag. Kept discovering more throughout teens, including the Real Kids, Dictators, Teenage Head, Saints, Undertones, Gruesomes, etc. Loved Tricky Woo a lot too before they turned into hippie jam rock

By late teens I was into later Garage Punk stuff and 60’s punk stuff. After the Ramones, the next game changer for me was probably Teengenerate. Discovered the Search and Destroy Search Engine in the early 2000’s. Found the hideout in 2009 after looking for the old forums and realizing they no longer existed.

This post was edited by Tyler at August 15, 2013 4:23 PM CDT
    • August 15, 2013 2:52 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I'm Danny, 28 and from East London.  I'm here because I love music, I found this place while searching the net for garage rock recommendations.  I'm a late bloomer, I wasn't really into music when I was a teen, much more interested in videogames and football.  And what I did listen to is too painful to recollect, lets just say that pop punk and nu metal was trending back then.  Dark days.

I started seeking out new music when I was about 20, I listened to a few of my father's Beatles CD's, and although I'm not a huge fan these days they did inspire me to search out other bands from that era and thats when I stumbled upon the Velvet Underground and the Kinks, I was instantly hooked, I never knew music could be this good! From then on since I've been on a musical discovery through the many years and eras always hungry to find new bands whose music I can relate to.  There is few things better than that feeling you get when you listen to an amazing album for the first time.  I mainly enjoy rock music which is blues or punk based.  I soon found myself not liking music which was too clean or over produced so started looking for more bands which had a rougher and rawer sound, I soon discovered the Sonics and the Nuggets compilation and have been a fan of garage rock and punk ever since.

I'm still much the newbie to this genre so I joined this site to discover new bands as well as to chat about music with like minded folk, just browsing the old topics has left me with a long list of bands to check out and I haven't touched the podcasts yet!

Thanks to those folks who have put this awesome site together.

This post was edited by Danny at August 15, 2013 2:54 PM CDT
    • August 18, 2013 5:25 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hi. I'm not that new. I was on here before but messed up my sign in details so I've signed up again. I'm mike. I'm in a rock and roll band called Hailbails in Leeds, UK. I love it. I love all rockin music especially rockabilly and well fifties music really but also am a big fan of the Sonics too. Also dig new music that fits the bill.

Nice to meet y'all!

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel