Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Introductions (for newbies)

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • April 30, 2012 6:43 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

hello im ollie.

Origonally from the fens in lincolnshire then lived in london for 22 years before moving to sydney 2 years ago. Basically started listening to punk when i was about 12 through the older kids and my brother in my village. BUt then they used to play wreckin crew at the once a month holbeach youth club disco and i was hooked. Spent the next few years travelling up to klub foot every weekend . After klub foot shut i sort of drifted into punk and hardcore which has been basically what ive been into evr since . Love garage though im not too intouch with any of the modern bands. Mostly listen to billy childish stuff , mummies , restless , milkshakes etc also real soft spot for angry samoans , screeching weasel , ramones , queers anything ramonesy and armitage shanks and jonny moped!! Last few years ive been taking evry chance i can to go to japan cos the place is fanatastic and the punk garage scene is huge .

never had any talent to make any music myself !

• April 30, 2012 11:31 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I'm A.J.Smith of The Plimptons- www.theplimptons.co.uk

Been into 60s garage rock since 1998, the mystique of the whole era has fascinated me ever since I started diggin a little deeper into 60s music than the usual folks.

Some of my favourtie associated acts are The Dickies, Dead Milkmen, Chocolate Watchband, The Left Banke, Love, Troggs and The Turquoise.

• April 29, 2012 8:13 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hi! My names Ox.

I live in Sydney and play in a garage-y type band called The Knits. Influenced by The Sonics, Jay Reatard and such. I am new to this board. Seems fun tho!

http://the-knits.tumblr.com/tagged/video

• April 28, 2012 9:39 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hi, we're Dead Nachos from Toulouse, France.

We've just changed our identity from Buenos Nachos Taco Grande to simply Dead Nachos after having sent to hell our drummer and bass player. We're back with two new members, a couple of new recordings. Check them out on our page if you're curious.

We play wild rock n roll, somewhere between The Cramps and French band Les Wampas, with a surfesque touch sometimes. Just let us comments if you appreciate. If not, go and meet our former members in some rotting place.

Dead Nachos inc.

• April 25, 2012 4:22 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Will be sure to let you know when the Beachnuts set a reunion date!

Jersey City Mods said:

Hey, we're Bob & Marti but go by Jersey City Mods on most public access sites because we don't want potential employers or prosecution attorneys Googling things that could be used against us.  Neither of us are musicians but we met as college radio hosts, collaborating on a show called The Groovy Cellar from 81-84.  We used to live for record shopping and shows, stopping by Midnight Records in NYC before going to the original Cavestomps at the Dive. I wish we'd been a little more social and less intimidated by the bands then, but we still managed to have a great time. Lived in Philly for awhile and met a number of great bands there.  Now we're back in the NYC area, still looking for exciting, new-to-us music.  See ya at the shows, we'll be at the bar.

• April 24, 2012 7:39 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hey... I'm a ghost from South America currently wasting his days playing the guitar and trying to create raw songs from the end of the world.

Cheers.

• April 20, 2012 10:11 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

That's a new one to us Sam, but we'll be happy to check 'em out.

Sam Sinister said:

Hey guys, have you heard the NYC band The Bloody Muffs?

• April 20, 2012 7:30 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hey guys, have you heard the NYC band The Bloody Muffs?

Jersey City Mods said:

Hey, we're Bob & Marti but go by Jersey City Mods on most public access sites because we don't want potential employers or prosecution attorneys Googling things that could be used against us.  Neither of us are musicians but we met as college radio hosts, collaborating on a show called The Groovy Cellar from 81-84.  We used to live for record shopping and shows, stopping by Midnight Records in NYC before going to the original Cavestomps at the Dive. I wish we'd been a little more social and less intimidated by the bands then, but we still managed to have a great time. Lived in Philly for awhile and met a number of great bands there.  Now we're back in the NYC area, still looking for exciting, new-to-us music.  See ya at the shows, we'll be at the bar.

• April 19, 2012 2:35 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

• April 19, 2012 10:20 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

As drummer with the Beachnuts (Iconoclastic Life, Nature's Company), I've been involved with garage punk music for awhile. I'm still in touch with all the original band members: lead singer Lowell Stanley; bass guitarist, Clyde Snyder; rythym guitarist Bill Ross (later toured in a warm up band for Bruce Springsteen); and lead guitarist Keith MacGregor. All great musicians. Stay tuned for new Beachnuts recordings...I can hear Lowell warming up now! We'll let everyone know when we're back playing again for our reunion gig.

• April 18, 2012 5:17 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Scheisse! I could have had the 69th reply but it looks like Wendy did and I'm just 70!!! not literally but about 2 months to go to 40, but whats a number anyway??!!I love the site and look forward to being a part of it hopefully although I've never played an instrument but a clarinet from 4th to 6th grade and never moved up from being in beginners band 3 yrs in a row!!! I went from ,moving from D.C. to Grapevine, TX in the middle of highschool, this was more of a culture shock to me than if I would of moved to a land of hermaphroditic Tom Bosley lookalikes, but so utterly less interesting. But I was born here in the "Big D" (look at DFW on a highway map and you'll know why).speeding up, moved on to Alaska back and forth 2 summers, shimmied on over to Venice Beach and stayed just down from the circle there, wayyy tooo expensive, so came back, stayed in Austin. Put a couple of remaining brain cells together and moved to Europe to finish college so I can be in debt for the rest of my life, ;-).Living mostly in Vienna, AT for 5-6 years but had a brother in Rome, so had family there as well. I speak German and Spanish, very strange going back to speak your 2nd language (spanish) after speaking german for 3-4 years. Now Im Back in Dallas for the moment just waiting but not standing by to see what next blessing or curse comes my way. Keep on keeping on everyone!

Cheers,

Gary

• April 17, 2012 12:19 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Dear world:

I am not new to this.  Been a member since 2009, but I think I just signed up to plug one of my various projects one day- and then didn't come back for a while.  Then I realized that I like the layout of this place because you can choose to ignore dicks- unlike most message board type things that are all cliquey and stupid, so I am trying to see if it can be a thing that I do because Facebook is full of local dummys, coworkers, and relatives.  I miss the old Bomp! message boards from the late '90s and tape trading so I thought "Hey!  Let's give this a whirl."

I been in a ton of bands no one cares about that did a buncha records, currently play lead guitar in a Glam group called Ramma Lamma that did a buncha records. I had my own label for a while too until I realized that was a stupid waste of money.

Yeah so I like super good music and a lot of music that you probably don't like too.. I am 30 and married so I am not looking for compliments or a relationship but if you want to complain about stuff that I hate, too, or turn me on to some new sounds then let's be friends! 

XOXO,

Wendy

Ps I also book shows for a venue here in Milwaukee so if you're band is looking for a gig hit me up. 

• April 8, 2012 1:27 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Great introduction Bobby ;-)

Bobby said:

Bobby

35, Living in Pittsburgh, Pa (USA) 

listened to metal until I was @12 or 13 when a friend turned me on to the Misfits, Agnostic Front, 7 Seconds etc... It was all downhill from there... 

The Cramps really turned me to a life of sin at a young age... I have lived for booze, drugs (gave these up because of the junkies I had to spend time with), sin, & rock & roll ever since... 

Got married in Jamaica to a super hot punk girl, too much of living the life led to several minor arrests, her putting guns in my face on a regular basis, getting held hostage by a local crazy, etc...

After a nervous breakdown (I noticed somebody else mentioned this happening also) I'm back on the mend these days.  I lost a 20 year record collection, all my guitars & clothes... Recently got a new turntable, started my record collection over (it sucked losing it, but it really is fun starting a better one.)

Started school to become a machinist last week & it's great, been writing songs again & waiting to see what state/city I land in next to start a new rock & roll band.

As far as my music taste these days, anything on Voodoo Rhythm, everything I heard from Burger Records, everything I have heard from Douchemaster Records, Get Hip, Velocity of Sound... Big Nobunny fan, big Spits fan, really into punk, oi, old rock & roll, r&B, doowop, Mark Sultan, 60's garage & psyche (off the top of my head.)

Probably way too much info, but I blame that on the medication & the booze...

Cheers kiddies!

• April 6, 2012 3:21 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hey All,

Rev Hank here from Canada's instro-MeNTAL Urban Surf Kings. Glad to be on board!  Here's some of my stuff:

• April 1, 2012 1:56 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hey I am part of a garage rock band from Philadelphia

here is a link to our site Roofies

• March 13, 2012 8:16 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Bazza ...were you on the Paul Weller discussion page about 4 years back?

• March 13, 2012 4:29 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Bobby

35, Living in Pittsburgh, Pa (USA) 

listened to metal until I was @12 or 13 when a friend turned me on to the Misfits, Agnostic Front, 7 Seconds etc... It was all downhill from there... 

The Cramps really turned me to a life of sin at a young age... I have lived for booze, drugs (gave these up because of the junkies I had to spend time with), sin, & rock & roll ever since... 

Got married in Jamaica to a super hot punk girl, too much of living the life led to several minor arrests, her putting guns in my face on a regular basis, getting held hostage by a local crazy, etc...

After a nervous breakdown (I noticed somebody else mentioned this happening also) I'm back on the mend these days.  I lost a 20 year record collection, all my guitars & clothes... Recently got a new turntable, started my record collection over (it sucked losing it, but it really is fun starting a better one.)

Started school to become a machinist last week & it's great, been writing songs again & waiting to see what state/city I land in next to start a new rock & roll band.

As far as my music taste these days, anything on Voodoo Rhythm, everything I heard from Burger Records, everything I have heard from Douchemaster Records, Get Hip, Velocity of Sound... Big Nobunny fan, big Spits fan, really into punk, oi, old rock & roll, r&B, doowop, Mark Sultan, 60's garage & psyche (off the top of my head.)

Probably way too much info, but I blame that on the medication & the booze...

Cheers kiddies!

• March 13, 2012 1:56 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Awww hells, hello.

I'm Dick Venom, of 'Dick Venom & the Terrortones' We got told about this place and told t get on board. Must say - I do like the place.

Well, we play UltraSonic FuckerPhonic GatorBaitin SleazeGarage Psychobilly. Ya gettin wet yet? We howl an prowl and sweat UK wide just t give you the filth we reckon ya fancy. Wanna take a looksie?
      http://www.youtube.com/terrortones

Look forward t meetin yawl properly

Dick out!

• March 13, 2012 1:09 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

A.) I had never heard the creeps or the mourning after, so I looked them up after reading this, and I'd just like to say thank you for mentioning those, because I dig them both.

B.) Have you heard the 13th Floor Elevators?

• March 12, 2012 9:16 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I'm Jimmy, I'm new also, but I've been diggin' the some of the podcasts here for a while now, 

I live in southern CA- and am currently tryin' to get another another demo out but the scene is scarce.

I like stuff, stuff like twangy guitars, and girls, and beer and just gettin kicks, and stuff.

I'm into anything that has that soul- blues, rock and roll, garage, power pop, punk, lo-fi trash..and stuff.

Hit me up if any good shows are going on In the SoCal area of if any bands wana play together.

I'll put content up soon.

• February 25, 2012 3:23 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hello all you chaps & ladies, I'm also into most of the stuff you guys are into...

I drive a Black London taxi, so I guess that fits the same thing(re Black in band name), ha,ha

Simon

• February 25, 2012 1:02 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Sounds like a rad idea! I'll make that happen!

swt said:

Hi Nik. You (and you other newbies in bands) should put some of your best songs up on Music Alley, so some of us sleazy odcasters can use 'em for our shows..http://www.musicalley.com/

• February 24, 2012 9:41 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hi Nik. You (and you other newbies in bands) should put some of your best songs up on Music Alley, so some of us sleazy odcasters can use 'em for our shows..http://www.musicalley.com/

• February 24, 2012 6:07 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Howdy Ya'll, I'm Nik Flagstar leader of Nik Flagstar and his Dirty Mangy Dogs, we are Psychotic-White-Trash-Hillbilly-Punk-Rock n Roll from the Panhandle of Florida! If'n ya'll wanna check out some tunes and videos www.facebook.com/nikflagstarandhisdirtymangydogs is where to get it at! Also I'll be frequenting the boards here, so if you'd like to bang out some music-nerd debates or just rap about rock n roll, hit me up!

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel