Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Introductions (for newbies)

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • January 17, 2013 7:50 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

HI!! I'm in 2 bands...THE ViGNETTES & OBJECTUM SEXUALS coming to a town near YOU (USA only for now...)
      Listed below are our show details thus far, as well as links and press about the bands. Help is needed in cities with no info specified. If you know of any awesome bands or venues in those towns or if you could help us set up a show, please email thevignettes@yahoo.com. Advice is greatly appreciated!!

Here are the dates:
      Wed, 3/20: JACKSON, MS @
      Yeti Cave wit Hvy Yeti and Rat Kings
      Thurs, 3/21: NEW ORLEANS, LA
      Fri, 3/22: TUSCALOOSA/BIRMINGHAM, AL
      Sat, 3/23: ATHENS, GA @ Flicker Theatre with The Humms and Koko Beware
      Sun, 3/24: ATLANTA, GA
      Tues, 3/26: SAVANNAH, GA
      Wed, 3/27: CHARLESTON/COLUMBIA, SC
      Thurs, 3/28: CHARLOTTE, NC @ The Milestone with TBA
      Fri, 3/29: CHAPEL HILL/RALEIGH, NC
      Sat, 3/30: RICHMOND, VA @ Bauhaus with Blue Rajas, Christi, Hot Dolphin
      Sun, 3/31: GREENSBORO, NC @ New York Pizza with TBA
      Wed, 4/3: ASHEVILLE, NC
      Thu, 4/4: KNOXVILLE, TN
      Fri, 4/5: DECATUR, AL @ Excalibur Vintage & Vinyl with TBA
      Sat, 4/6: NASHVILLE, TN

Thurs, 4/25: SHREVEPORT, LA
      Fri, 4/26: DALLAS/FORT WORTH, TX
      Sun, 4/28: LUBBOCK, TX
      Mon, 4/29: LAS CRUCES, NM
      Tues, 4/30: PHOENIX, AZ with ACORN BCORN
      Wed, 5/1: SAN PEDRO, CA with ACORN BCORN and Bombon
      Thurs, 5/2: SAN FRANCISCO, CA @ Hemlock Tavern with ACORN BCORN
      Fri, 5/3: SACRAMENTO, CA with ACORN BCORN
      Sat, 5/4: EUGENE, OR
      Sun, 5/5: PORTLAND, OR
      Mon, 5/6: SPOKANE, WA
      Tues, 5/7: MISSOULA, MT @ Zoo City Apparel with TBA
      Wed, 5/8: BILLINGS, MT with Maxie Ford
      Thurs, 5/9: MINOT, ND @ Pangea House with TBA
      Fri, 5/10 and Sat, 5/11: MINNEAPOLIS, MN GIRLS GOT RHYTHM FEST
      Wed, 5/15: OMAHA, NE
      Thurs, 5/16: IOWA CITY, IA
      Fri and Sat, 5/17 and 5/18: CHICAGO, IL
      Sun, 5/19: ST. LOUIS, MO with Bruiser Queen

-

Here is more info about our bands:
      ♫ THE ViGNETTES (Memphis, TN):
      Watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1PZMhowNw
      Listen: www.reverbnation.com/vignettesmemphis
      More info: www.facebook.com/thevignettesmemphis

"Full bore, cranked-up, dirty, ass-punching two-piece rock-n-roll. I haven't heard two girls kick this much ass in two decades, fuck I'm old." -Jeremiah Castner, Crusher Fest (Oakland, CA)

"These Memphis gals are so talented, they've played blindfolded. They also put out some of the most solid punk since the '90s riot grrl heyday. With only a drum and guitar, the duo creates bare-bones, driving rock that goes straight for the jugular... These scrappy girls self-manage, self-release and refuse to be judged for their sex appeal only. Poly Styrene, rest her soul, would be proud." -Caroline Pate, Creative Loafing (Charlotte, NC)

"There’s really no other way to describe the Vignettes than as a kick-ass girl rock group from Memphis... Their music is FIERCE... it’s loud, in your face rock and roll." -Nicole Jones, NavigatorNic (Manchester, UK)

♫ OBJECTUM SEXUALS (London, UK):
      Listen: https://soundcloud.com/#objectum-sexuals
      Lurk: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Objectum-Sexuals/378281165577890?fref=ts

"...You guys are the best band in the universe..." -Actual audience member

"...That was the best song I've ever heard in my life. No, seriously. I'm serious, you guys, you guys really have something here..." -Will

• January 17, 2013 12:10 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hi, I'm Tim "Napalm" Stegall from Austin, TX. My life was saved by Johnny Thunders and the Clash and Sex Pistols back in the '70s. I used to write for fLiPSiDe and a buncha other mags and 'zines, but I don't really do that much professionally these days - I do still keep a blog, however (http://timnapalmblog.blogspot.com/). I also led a couple of bands of note, chiefly The Hormones back in the '90s, and an NYC band, Napalm Stars, in the early 2000s. I'm in the process of reforming The Hormones, and I'm planning to revive my old Woody Radio show, "RADIO NAPALM," here at GaragePunk Pirate Radio, if Posterous will stop effing up and let me start a fricken account!

Thank you for reading. Ask my buddy Rev. Norb about me - we go back forever! I look forward to meeting you.

• January 17, 2013 12:02 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

hey new friends! I'm Jay and i play drums in the garage rock band, "Straight to VHS" and guitar in the gypsy punk band, "the Weird Beards". I'm in my late twenties and reside in a dirty artsy city by the water named, New London, CT in the U.S. of A...oh and we even have our own Thames River to dump our trash in! I'm excited to be a part of this community of musicians/music lovers, and to learn and share some of that powerful knowledge with cool people!                                         ruk n rol!

• January 10, 2013 10:07 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I am the bass player for Thee Swank Bastards and DJ Beelzebozo Partridge. I would ratheranswer questions than volunteer information.  What do you want to know?

• January 8, 2013 3:56 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hi !

I'm a tattoo artist and Rock n' Roll enthusiast from a town called Fredrikstad, in Norway .

I've been playing in different bands since 1992, both my own and as a stand in musician . To name some, Caroline and the Treats, The Oowees and the Carburetors . Right now I'm working on my new band called "the Whipshades" . We're gonna have our debut concert and 7" release march 22nd . 

Cheers, beers !

• January 8, 2013 6:44 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I am a music journalist and an old London Punk Rocker from the '70s.

My main website is Indie Bands Blog and I am always interested in hearing from bands about their music.

• December 6, 2012 8:25 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I'm Mike. I collect vinyl, with an emphasis on vintage country. I focus on small/indie/regional labels and artists from the 1950s-1970s. I also collect Crypt Records, Norton Records and stuff from Bear Family.

I created a streaming radio station to showcase my vintage country vinyl/rips. That station is Thumbin Radio - www.thumbinradio.com

I joined up here mainly for community and to see if there might be like-minded, vintage punk country souls out here. I've added some tracks to my profile page for a good indication of my collecting emphasis and what I broadcast.

Cheers. Nashville, TN.

• November 16, 2012 2:58 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Yeeeah, okay, I meant the Electric Prunes, of course.  I forgot to mention that my brain only works on rare occasions these days. 

DJ Johnson said:

...or The Seeds' "I Happen To Love You". 

• November 15, 2012 11:12 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hi.  I'm DJ Johnson.  I'm a fan of a lot of genres of music, but my two favorites are power pop and garage.  With Surf right in there somewhere, really.  I love a powerful garage-punk vibe, and I really have a thing for all that plus a layer of psych to give it some depth, like The Mortals' "Disintegration" or The Seeds' "I Happen To Love You".  Love the blast-in-the-face punk on Gearhead, and also the punk bands in Sweden like Division of Laura Lee, Sahara Hotnights (for a while), (International) Noise Conspiracy, Soundtrack of Our Lives, The Maggots, their alter-selves The Maharajas, etc.  I ran an online music magazine called Cosmik Debris from 1995 to 2007, and that exposed me to a lot of the great garage and surf bands of that period.  I currently do two shows on Head Case Radio, one called The Debris Field, which is all genres smashed together (sans opera), and Channel Z, which is the kind of show that fits in with this crowd, so check it out, if you can.  (Saturdays, 10-11 AM Pacific.)  Shutting down the magazine kind of broke my connection to the scene.  It's pretty exciting finding this place.  I had no idea it was out there.  

• November 10, 2012 4:29 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I'm Calvin. I'm a kind of a weirdo, or at least that's what they tell me. I eat skittles, watch cartoons and dick about on the internet. I play voice, and guitar. How do I end this? I feel like I'm rambling or something.

• November 10, 2012 1:48 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

heres to the next stranger...

My name is Lita, I love coffee and cigarettes on cloudy days and wine and dancing on friday nights. My two passions are art and music. I played drums in a band for 2 1/2 years before we broke up and I'm currently learning to play guitar. I also attend college for graphic design. I'm a shy person, unless you ask the right questions...if you're willing..

• November 8, 2012 9:03 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hey all,

I'm Greg Hanson - I'm a Brooklyn-based genre filmmaker, B-movie addict, film programmer, and drummer in garage/fuzz band The Mad Doctors.

I've been into garage, surf, psyche, etc. for years but only recently have started getting into the scene. I love what I'm seeing, the venues, the vibe. 

• November 7, 2012 12:10 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hi,

I am a guy from Reunion Island (french island in the indian ocean) and i play in a garage / psycho / rock n roll band (come and taste our music ! Mothra Slapping Orchestra Music !) !

Love the site !!

• November 6, 2012 10:35 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Any Utah members out there?

• November 6, 2012 10:03 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hey guys,

Just got introduced to this site a few weeks back through a band called Ghost Bikini. I was in a garage/punk band back in the 90s, now I'm a middle aged grad student at the U of U. I still try to catch cheap live shows in Salt Lake. 

• November 5, 2012 4:15 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hola a todos /as miembros de la guarida y gracias por acojerme aqui me gusta este tipo de musica desde que tengo uso de razon ya que en casa mi hermano la escuchaba me parece increible la cantidad de bandas buenas que hay aqui tambien espero aportar algo ala guarida un saludo

• October 29, 2012 1:09 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hey everyone,

My name's Johnny and I'm from Yonkers, NY. I play lead guitar and sing some in a band called Johnny Sideshow & The Feejee Mermaids. You can find us on Facebook as well as downloading our E.P. for FREE on our Bandcamp.

• October 22, 2012 7:57 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I'm 50 years old bicyclist from the Rotterdam area (Netherlands (EU)) and I like music and I used to run Marathon but I'm not into that anymore. Just don't turn up the volume up too much or you will get hearing troubles later on. Go for it!!!

Sagittarius

• October 18, 2012 1:05 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hello there! I'm Mika from Kuopio, Finland. I started to listen rockabilly music when I was a little kid and later found The Cramps who got me into this fantastic world of all things cool.

I've been playing in local bands for many years and that's what I really like to do the most. Here are some samples.

Chop Suey Tell Me One Thing

The Festermen Swamp Infection

and my recent band...

The Country Dark Abducted

More info here The Country Dark facebook

Thanks!

• October 17, 2012 2:07 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Andy from Buffalo, NY here, a virgo, admirer of all things raw and real, I spend my days restoring vintage guitars/amps, building hot rods, and playing guitar with my combo, the Tell Tale Signs.

www.thetelltalesigns.bandcamp.com

• October 12, 2012 5:23 PM CDT
    • Untitled

name: sir coyler
      sex: male
      hobbies: rainier, refer, 60s punk
      fav 60s bands: the creation, the alarm clocks, the monks, painted ship, 13th floor elevators, the sonics, the preachers, matthew moore plus four, the torquays
      fav 70s bands: the saints, the ramones, the scientists, the stooges, mc5, the flamin' groovies
      fav 90s bands: the gories, the oblivians, the mummies, mono men
      my band: sucks

• October 5, 2012 8:40 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Lerchio, 42, now residing in the Charleston, SC area by way of Chicago. Really into surf rock (all eras) and vintage R&R and just discovering some new-to-me garage ... crazy good.

No band or radio show to plug ... not at the moment anyway ... just think that I like this place.

• September 29, 2012 2:39 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hello! I am from Holland male, 50 years old and quit going to live events 10 years ago.

Now I'm a fitness-freak with a lap-top.

And I live across a graveyard.

<The Graveyard> 

• September 29, 2012 2:10 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hello everybody, i´m from Berlin but live in Italy too. 
      I was almost born into music (in the 60es) since my parents were kind of rockabilly and heard to good 50es and 60es stuff. Later on, still a kid, i got to know hard-rock by an uncle and soul and funky-music by another one.

Guess i had luck, nobody around me listened to shitty-music, even my grandparents heard swing or classical music. So at about 13 i started to be attracted by punk-music by myself, then even worst shit like noise, industrial and so on.. :)  Down to the present day i never stop to ear to good stuff, just i don´t like mainstream and hate pop. One of the worst things could happen to me, is to catch a really bad earworm! ;)

i´m glad to be here and guess i´m in good hands

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel