Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Post your Twitter links!

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • September 16, 2010 10:18 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I've been using it for about 6 months and it is slowly growing on me. It's a good way to follow current news events without having to go through an entire newspaper. I find it saves me time checking in with all the blogs I like because if someone has something new up you are notified. Don't have it on my phone yet. Will cross that bridge later I guess. For the moment I give Twitter a thumbs up.
    • September 16, 2010 9:15 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hey amigo, what's your handle? fast eddie said:
      i started using it at nxne this year to track secret shows etc and have sort of stuck with it, i'll look for you

"Go read a book and flunk a test." -Iggy

• September 14, 2010 1:04 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

i started using it at nxne this year to track secret shows etc and have sort of stuck with it, i'll look for you
    • July 12, 2010 12:26 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

i use it to follow the inside dope from the riders in pro cycling, the tour de france etc. tells me when and where live feeds are on the net, pics of injuries, comments and feelings an' all. It's pretty cool for that...
      but, hey, that's just me...
      the rest of the time I ain't got the time
      but i'm following atomic suplex now yeah!
    • July 12, 2010 7:45 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

You know, that's a really good point (about RSS). I have a Google Reader page that I rarely ever look at, and that's mainly because I'm checking Twitter instead. Not *all* of the blogs or websites that I have in my Google Reader are on Twitter, but I'd say most of them are, so yeah, it is pretty cool to use for following stuff you're interested in. Also, for sharing links, I either use www.bit.ly or www.vb.ly By the way, I have also tried Google Buzz, but I never use it, either. It's sort of a combination of Twitter and Facebook wall posts. Recordgrooves said:
      Because I love to buy new records and watch horror movies I try to follow record labels, record stores, garage punkers, music deals, the horror biz.

I like it better than rss. I signed up at first never used it for a while then dabbled more and more.

It is the most simple light weight sight for you to connect with the world wide web. If I'm randomly on some cool web-space I use Twitthat to minimize a link to share with other attention deficient junkies.

Yes, I have indeed scored some bargains and often learn about horror movies using twitter.

So don't be a cunt, & go ahead and follow some people 'n shit.

• July 10, 2010 3:12 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Because I love to buy new records and watch horror movies I try to follow record labels, record stores, garage punkers, music deals, the horror biz. I like it better than rss. I signed up at first never used it for a while then dabbled more and more. It is the most simple light weight sight for you to connect with the world wide web. If I'm randomly on some cool web-space I use Twitthat to minimize a link to share with other attention deficient junkies. Yes, I have indeed scored some bargains and often learn about horror movies using twitter. So don't be a cunt, & go ahead and follow some people 'n shit.
    • July 10, 2010 12:50 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

For what it's worth, here's my Twitter page: http://twitter.com/pacifiction But I pretty much post the same things that I would on my Myspace, Blogspot or Facebook. I guess I might post a more immediate happenings, but I still haven't posted with my cell and I haven't figured out how to shrink URLs yet.
    • July 10, 2010 11:39 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I don't use Twitter nearly as much as I did a year or two ago, but I still check in daily and post something. I like it better than Facebook wall posts, and since I have my account set to "private," only those people who are following me can read my updates. I just don't like broadcasting to the entire world everything I post. I like the fact that I can limit it to a select few. I also like the fact that I can cross-post my Blip.fm posts on it.

The key to Twitter is finding people you know or like and follow them (and getting some of them to follow you back). That's what makes it interesting, fun and worthwhile. I hear so many people who try it out say they don't like it or don't get it, but when I look at their profile they're not following anyone, or the people they're following don't use it either. Well, duh!

For bands, it's just another way you can post what's going on with the band... recording, going to play a gig out of town, playing a show in town, etc. It's a great way to keep your fans updated on what's happening with the band.

• July 10, 2010 3:34 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I'm so vain, I probably think this song is about me. (Don't I? Don't I?) Earl Clifton said:
      I think I agree with... "The self Masterbation", that's actually a good qoute. The thing about twitter is the speed of it. Your in and out. I've read alot of babbles back and forth amoung people on twitter, tons of self promotion and... self Masterbation. This new world is all about me... Me, me, me. What can you do for me. We are becoming more and more Vain with our teckno gadgets. We talk back and forth but nobody really knows anybody But, it is fun... for now

Blaine said:
      Michael Kaiser said:
      At least two responses to that statement:

Either

1. You signed up for an account and followed the wrong people

2. You have no idea what Twitter is for, and have only heard Whoopie Goldberg's take on it - because you said almost exactly what she said, which is a convenient and typical canned response.

Either way, thanks for not using it.

Blaine said:
      kopper said:
      Too cool for Twitter, eh Blaine?

Blaine said:
      Oh god. Seriously people?

Yeah, pretty much. Who gives a shit about what people are doing, it's boring. You're eating yogurt and you're glad it's friday. Woopie!

Wow, you and kopper really dig this website eh? Well, that's fine. I already use 2 social networking websites and I don't see why i would need a third. I don't see anything new on the table but, whatever. I'm sure there are some people promoting cool shit on their twitter page but, I went as far as clicking some of the links on this thread and saw a lot of self masterbation. Sure I might be missing out on what twitter is really all about. Can I live with that? I think I can. To each their own, right?

p.s. I paraphrased Whoopie Goldberg? From the View? Wicked.
    • July 9, 2010 11:25 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

What's your username? richard holguin said:
      I HAVE A TWITTER FOR ABOUT A YEAR NOW AND I STILL DONT HAVE A HANDLE ON IT ... GRRRR

• July 9, 2010 10:34 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I HAVE A TWITTER FOR ABOUT A YEAR NOW AND I STILL DONT HAVE A HANDLE ON IT ... GRRRR
    • July 8, 2010 2:39 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

http://twitter.com/BamalamaRadio I used it at SXSW and it's lame knockoff NXNE (though this year was pretty damn good). Got me to some pretty good parties and some private shows. Mostly, I use it for fanning my brain farts... I use Tweetdeck for iPhone and pretty much love it. I was reluctant to do the Twitter thing at first but have found it to be a lot of fun.
    • July 8, 2010 9:53 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

@tbkband
    • March 15, 2009 6:17 PM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

kopper said:
      It's at the bottom of the screen now... click the arrow to pop it out.
      Looks like you're trying to hide it LOL

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel