Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves Shakin' Street
  • Topic: Fender Princeton Reverb in Surf Green

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • November 4, 2012 3:15 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

I don't know if anyone else has checked out this baby but I just picked it up & am over the moon with it. First off, it has looks to die for. Even the power light is surf green to match the case. The sound, WOW! The big deal is that it has a Celestion Greenback speaker instead of the regular Jensen which gives it a warmer middle & more 'retro' sound to my ear. More Blonde than Blackface.

Anyway I would highly recommend it for surf & garage clean & crunch sounds though you would need to mic it with a loud drummer or venue bigger than a pub.

Now I need some serious fashion tips for a new wardrobe to match & honour the amp. Anyone?

• November 28, 2012 11:19 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Yay! Congrats, love to hear it, any chance of a sample? Used the Princeton live for the first time last night. Still happy :-)  

• November 27, 2012 2:21 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

its the tits ! love it best amp i have ever had, got to get together with the band to break it in a bit, should have more time to rehearse soon.

not had a lot of experience with valves and their subtleties , my vt 40 did a reasonable job of emulating one but the real thing is SO ! much better. 

Winston Texas said:

In blue Tolex? Ok I'm sold! Any chance of a sample on here at some point?

• November 17, 2012 5:56 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

In blue Tolex? Ok I'm sold! Any chance of a sample on here at some point?

• November 16, 2012 2:50 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

subjective, yes going to buy  the vox tomorrow, ac 15 ltd edition in blue tolex i should have got one years ago.

not much of a tone freak myself, but i know its gonna sound a whole lot better than anything else ive had in the past.

• November 4, 2012 12:46 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hey amoebaboy. I hear you & these things are always subjective but I think there are 4 reasons why this amp is worth it. The Vox is terrific, you can't go wrong. I look forward to hearing about it when you get it.

1. It sounds £100 better than the standard & there are loads of forums about people expensively 'upgrading' their amps, this doesn't need it.

2. All dealers cut you a deal that is a lot less than the listed, mine did.

3.The most important thing about buying a piece of gear is that you LOVE it & want to make music with it, even if it costs more. This amp is beautiful to look at I can't look at it without turning it on & playing! & perhaps stroking it a little too!  That's worth 100 smackers extra.

4. I will never have a problem re-selling this beauty should I choose to, it's a limited run & a very cool one. I will make back the extra if I need to.

• November 4, 2012 10:29 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Just the thing for my surf green squier jag i thought.... then i took a look at the price.

nice looking amp but i think im still going for a vox, you get a gre3at tremmelo and a spring rev. 

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel