Please login or join to use the Hideout!

Forums Rants 'n' Raves The Lounge
  • Topic: TELL ME, DO YOU READ ANY JUNKY COMICBOOKS, OR THE MODERN: GRAPHI

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • March 17, 2009 4:25 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Old School RULES

• March 8, 2009 8:08 AM CDT
    • Untitled

Didn't know about "Doomed" = I'm going to look for it, thanks for the suggestion!

• March 8, 2009 4:11 AM CDT
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Awright man! Pretty much some of the radest reads/looks of the last years. ZVR was crazy good, I heard they got another one in the base for later this year. The "Amazons" follow up is great, I love it when TRASH is treated with such class. Did you read that DOOMED special by Ashley Wood? Here's the cover:

It's loaded with, erm, KILLER black and white stories. I really dug his take on TANK GIRL too... Would be awesome if those guys did another run of Supermarket, like you said it was totally sweet. James Jean of course is the main man!

Here for the stir

• March 7, 2009 11:03 PM CST
    • Untitled

I like "Supermarket" by Brian Wood and Kristian Donaldson about a suburban brat hunted by the Yakuza in Woodland Hills, CA. The artwork's pretty awesome. Have you checked out "Zombies Vs. Robots" by Ashley Wood? It's demented as fuck!

• February 18, 2009 6:41 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Kelly said:
      Hello

I Just finished Persepolis and International Bob, and i'm just about to rip into American Splendor. I recomend Love & Rockets, Magic Whistle, Marshall Law (if you love/hate super heros) and Blankets (if your in to mooshy lovey dovey stuff). Evan Dorkin is superb too especialy DORK

kelly :)
      Ha! That Magic Whistle looks rad! Marschall Law is good times trash - kinda like Judge Dredd in concentrated form with very awesome artwork. I'm just reading the Gilbert Hernandez books he does outside the Love and Rockets world, "SPEAK OF THE DEVIL" is creepy-great. I love Persepolis and Blankets, some big books to dig in which is always a plus. Evan Dorkin is fabulous. Maaan, Milk and Cheese - that's a freakin' crude thing. I love it... I still need to look at DORK though. Wow, sounds great on your side PJ! I wanna read all the single L&R books...

Here for the stir

• February 11, 2009 12:05 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

i slept on fables. only read the first issue. i need to get the rest. i dig love & rockets, but only have read the first 3 trade paper backs.
      i just scored a dream come true. my ex girlfriend now works at DC & get whatever she wants for free. hence, i now get any DC/wildstorm/vertigo/etc title for free. even old stuff. i may actually try to read 52 now...
    • January 29, 2009 2:41 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Hello

I Just finished Persepolis and International Bob, and i'm just about to rip into American Splendor. I recomend Love & Rockets, Magic Whistle, Marshall Law (if you love/hate super heros) and Blankets (if your in to mooshy lovey dovey stuff). Evan Dorkin is superb too especialy DORK

kelly :)
    • January 28, 2009 10:27 AM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Yeah, I love "Y"! I read it in the beginning but have to catch up. It's come to an end now, right? I will be bad and read the books, altough I prefer the pamphlets. But it will be a blast to read in packs too, I think. Ex Machina is another title I sidetracked for all the wrong reasons, I know it's damn good - just no time... I have heard about AIR, glad you mentioned it, I need to check it out.
      Vertigo is one of those things you can hardly withstand, there are a lot of experiments for the fact that it's DC. Have you read that FABLES, or the newly revived "HOUSE OF MISTERY"?

Here for the stir

• January 27, 2009 4:01 PM CST
      • Post(s)
      • Like(s)
      • Liked
      • cR(s)
        0 0

Untitled

Y: The Last Man is genius. The Writer also does Ex Machina, whis is super good too. Air is a new comic thats really good. Think Thomas Pynchon on Vertigo Comics in a post-9/11 airline industry. Its a hot jam.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel